Looking for new music

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Magus, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Magus

Magus Banned

It's beautiful, the meaning behind the song...it's almost impossible not to feel a deep sadness while listening to it. For me at least!

This one has a similar feeling for me. Anything to do with children, the loss of innocence just plucks at my heart strings.

honey hatter likes this.
  2. jim onion

jim onion New Member

My taste is definitely different, and that's okay. It's cool that some of the songs have grown on you and you've learned to appreciate them.

Music is something very personal to me. I can totally understand why other people might not enjoy what I listen to.

Magus and honey hatter like this.
  3. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Music is a choice, perhaps not one we make ourselves. Perhaps our soul echoes the choice for us. That echo we feel in our hearts and minds.

jim onion likes this.
  4. jim onion

jim onion New Member

This piece fills me with such profound langour, and bittersweet nostalgia. It's an emotional memory trip every time I listen to it.

An absolute travesty this was only in the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition, which I was fortunate enough to possess.

5. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

While we're talking about video game music, I may as well post my all time favorite song from any video game:

I still get goosebumps whenever I hear it.

honey hatter and Magus like this.
  6. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Beautiful, I have not heard this until now. I've played Oblivion but not the GOTY edition.

I would like to put up little pieces of my electric guitar playing. But i need to figure out how to used video editing softare, *bites lip*. I have only a crumb of musical talent on the Suzie, but i've been told i'm good. I might say good-ish. Sofar i havent recieved any noise complaints from the neighbors and the villagers havent tried to stake me yet.

My play style is improvisational, since i can never remember the entirety of any song. I made up my own, i record everything i play so i will remember what i played and how i played it.

I have a foot pedal with 80 effects on it, i'm becoming very attached to it. I recently played a light piece with soft echo's it was nice. Perhaps one day i can put it up on the music thread if i ever figure out how.

LOL my first ever double post, i feel like celebrating! *reaches for something red*

Magus likes this.
  7. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Beautiful, I have not heard this until now. I've played Oblivion but not the GOTY edition.

I would like to put up little pieces of my electric guitar playing. But i need to figure out how to used video editing softare, *bites lip*. I have only a crumb of musical talent on the Suzie, but i've been told i'm good. I might say good-ish. Sofar i havent recieved any noise complaints from the neighbors and the villagers havent tried to stake me yet.

My play style is improvisational, since i can never remember the entirety of any song. I made up my own, i record everything i play so i will remember what i played and how i played it.

I have a foot pedal with 80 effects on it, i'm becoming very attached to it. I recently played a light piece with soft echo's it was nice. Perhaps one day i can put it up on the music thread if i ever figure out how.

jim onion, Magus and Andrew Alvarez like this.
  8. Magus

Magus Banned

Video game music has and will always be the most profound music to me. Chrono Trigger has some of the best music I've ever heard. The opening theme starts lightly, but soon we know we're in for a journey like no other.

Frogs theme is one of the best as well. Perfect ebodiment of the character. Noble knight filled with sadness who must wrestle with his past.

honey hatter, jim onion and 8Bit Bob like this.
  9. 8Bit Bob

While Besaid Island is my favorite song from any video game, my favorite OST has to be from Stardew Valley

Here are a couple of my favorite songs from that game:

10. Magus

Magus Banned

I'm the same with my guitar. I learn the parts that really give me that shot of emotion then stop learning how to play the song how it's supposed to be played. The best sounding music I've made came when I was high as hell and trying to play guitar because I wanted to stop thinking about how high I was. I don't like weed and haven't touched it for years but I still play the tune I made while intoxicated by it.

honey hatter likes this.
  11. Magus

Magus Banned

I love Stardew Valley's music, except summer. It's ok but the fall track you posted is my favorite. It reminds me of Corridors of Time. I made it to year two before feeling guilty that I was spending my time watering non existent crop and caring for non existent animals....Why does the mind have to ruin things? I really want to play again now....but THE GUILT!

honey hatter and 8Bit Bob like this.
  12. 8Bit Bob

I'm on year 2, but I haven't played it in a while. I agree that summer probably has the worst music, and fall has the best :D

13. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Here's a little something i just came up with, it sounded dark as fuck to me. A really, really, really simple 3 notes. Get your pedal or amp sounding as metal as you can. Then top string only, 1st or 2nd fret depending on your preference. Do a slowish slide to 12th fret, on the slide be sure to press hard on the string so the amp picks up the sound going over every fret. Hold that sound on 12th fret Vibrato for as long as possible. Then you can either go down to 11th fret with a hammer on hold, or 13th fret with the same, Hold that sound as long as possible. Before or after the sound dissipates, Pick the string once hard, Slide back down to 1st or 2nd fret with a hard slide picking up the frets sound as you do. And Lots of Vibrato on the 1st or 2nd fret you land on. Tada. if only i could have the patience to figure out a good video editing program i'd have this up showing in instead of describing it.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    jim onion and Magus like this.
  14. Magus

Magus Banned

I only play acoustic :( I have an electric but I never got a decent amp for it which defeats the purpose of having it...Plus I don't like how malleable electric guitar strings are, I tend to bend them accidentally since I'm used to the thicker strings on my acoustic. I started on acoustic first so it's just my bias.

I used a guy called Justin Sandercoe who has a youtube channel of free guitar lessons. I miss him actually, I used to watch him every day and just practice. He was a friend and teacher who I never met. I even bought his cd even though I hated the music he did lol. I don't know where my passion for guitar went, but I remember I couldn't go an hour without playing the thing. Good times pass just as fast as the bad I guess.

15. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I'll have to check him out. He sounds like an excellent teacher.

I started on electric because my guitar teacher was into megadeth, metallica, kiss, quiet riot. If he pushed an acoustic at me i would have played that. Acoustic is great because it builds hand strength, and tonally you get a whole different sound then when you go metal like me on electric. Though we both know electric and acoustic can sound as acoustic or as metal as you want, you just have to have the right gear. You can still do that little tutorial i posted, see what kind of sound you get out of. See if you like it.

jim onion and Magus like this.
  16. jim onion

jim onion New Member

^Definitely not the same as their old sound with Johnny Craig, which I miss very much. But I still really enjoy it and can't wait for their new album.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Magus likes this.
  17. Magus

Magus Banned

Thank you.

jim onion likes this.
  18. jim onion

jim onion New Member

No problem man, hopefully you like it. If you have the time and want to, I highly recommend checking out DGD's whole discography. They've had three lead singers (Johnny Craig, Kurt, and now Tillian) and this new album will be their ninth. I think there's something for just about everybody.

No other band has ever quite expressed my thoughts, feelings, and emotions like this one.

19. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Have you tried choral at either spectrum?

Perhaps some Arabian and Egyptian music?

Mixed with a bit of Dark Synthwave.

What about SteamPunk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT0tLBTTD48&t=0s&index=661&list=FLVtG30jLWUHkyK_6nvDOYQw

New Retro Wave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwg3eXiISM&t=0s&list=FLVtG30jLWUHkyK_6nvDOYQw&index=399

Industrial, Dark Wave, EBM, and Hellectro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3j_dfkRN74&index=25&list=PL-7gDlaHdaPUD6X2qH_UKIEtCz80RoqvN&t=0s

Magus, ThunderAngel and jim onion like this.
  20. Magus

Magus Banned

Another hidden gem.

21. Magus

Magus Banned

22. jim onion

jim onion New Member

23. Magus

Magus Banned

I hate male singers with that kind of sound lol. I tried to listen I just kept getting pissed off. I need a man with some balls Foxx. I ain't just any small town girl.....I'M....:cool:

24. Magus

Magus Banned

Now here's a mans voice, someone who could wrap his big ol arms around me and make a girl feel safe. Whispering tobacco breath on the nape of the neck.