1. Bluesman

Bluesman New Member

Lucid dreaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bluesman, May 23, 2012.

Anyone into this?

I've been practicing for a couple of weeks now and I've had a couple of lucid moments in my dreams. It's pretty damn awesome and crazy.

2. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

I rather my unconcious take me to where ever it wants to go. Like most people, if I spend a whole lot of time during the day doing something, it most often will cross over into my dreams. Which, when consumed with my novel, makes for a pretty interesting sleep.

3. KuraiFantasy

KuraiFantasy New Member

It's pretty cool, but if you open your eyes the hallucinations are freaky...

4. Cerrus

Cerrus New Member

Just tried this last night. Didn't work... Gonna keep trying though. Anyone got any good reality checks or tips?

5. Bluesman

Bluesman New Member

A good way to start is to write down what you dreamed about right after you wake up. I keep a little notebook on my nightstand. You'll start to recognize patterns in your dreams after a while.

During the day, do a conscious realization that you're not dreaming when you're doing normal things. Like every time you open a door or flick a light switch, say to yourself that you're awake. When you open a door in your dream, this can help you realize you're not awake.

Also, try jumping when you think you're dreaming. In your dream, it's always different than in real life.

Also numbers get mixed up. Look at your watch or a clock when you think you're dreaming. Look away and take another look. If you're dreaming, the numbers will be different.

I'm not good enough yet to do that. The few times it happened, I got too excited about it after a while and woke up because of it.

6. Gonissa

Gonissa New Member

Yeah, lucid dreaming is fun. Not sure how to control it though. I remember when I was a kid, and in the dream these pirates were trying to make me curse and drink alcohol. Being the good little prude child, I didn't want to, forcing my dream to produce a captain that would say I didn't have to.

So...I guess you could try to make yourself dream about something you don't want to do.

7. Bob Magness

Bob Magness New Member

Yeah, lucid dreaming is fun. I use the wach trick to determine if I am dreaming. Unfortunately, sometimes when I do it, it leads into sleep paralysis, which is NOT fun.