1. Ruckus

Ruckus Banned

Make A Ruckus - A renewed vow to create, write and avoid booze

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ruckus, Feb 23, 2019.

I have been here before. Although that was under a different name. That was someone who I was years ago. I do not like that person anymore and I do not want to be him anymore. He is not dead to me, I keep a stern eye on him so I know where he is at all times. I keep my distance.

The hardest part of me returning here to these writing forms (one of the only writing boards I have found that I like) is that I will see old faces and names of writers who have stayed the course. Writers who have written and have had written and found not only a voice and a place but audience as well. I have found nothing but poorly chosen paths, wrong turns and empty bottle of liquor.

That is not to say I am on the strait and narrow now but at least I see a light I can follow, a direction to aspire too, a path to truge on and not only to meander around in the dark bumping into things.

I have regrets, who doesn’t? But instead of allowing them to be an anchor on my soul I will use them as fuel and material with what to write by and the share not only as a creative endeavor but as a warning for others. Although I doubt these “others” would heed my warnings and follow them with strict gusto, why should they, I never did.

I am serious about becoming a full time writer and am willing not only put in the time (which is not a lot with a full time job and a five year old running around) but to also be held to a high standard when I post a piece of writing for review or critique (wow, I spell critique so bad the first time even Google had a hard time understanding me) I want this because I need this.

Currently I am into writing mostly shorter fiction/poems and some non-fiction writings. But I am also just as interested in creating a few novels (one of which I am stating on that originally was meant as a short story)

I guess that is about it for now.
    ~Ruckus

2. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

this might be late, but welcome to the forum.

[​IMG]

Ruckus likes this.