Make your own character and co write a story

Discussion in 'Word games' started by MaggieStone, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

This seems to have slowed, what happened to your post Mckk?
    and turquoisia probly not, post a char template.

2. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hi
    sorry I havent been on had some family troubles that took me away for a while

3. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Hey - I'm hoping to speed it up - I see no ones posted after me? was I that bad lol
    No no I know people have been busy - especially me. Turquosia if you want post a character up and well get you up to speed. I think we've lost a few of characters and I still want to it to go on.
    Mr Mr sorry for not being dedicated - do you still want to do it, I really enjoy reading your pieces.

4. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Name:
    Alexandra Zero (Nicknames can either be Alex or Lexi)

Breed:
    Elf/Faerie

Personality:
    Sharp, repeatedly points out others' flaws, kind in a subtle way, fiercely loyal to her loved ones, excessive sense of duty (ie. if she fails something, she remembers and blames herself for weeks afterwards), sarcastic. She has a very evil mean streak when she is deeply angered/annoyed, and she used to have a book of different ways to kill people (another story haha. If you want me to tell the why and how she doesn't have it now, let me know :D). She seems silent and deadly to people who don't know her, but to her close friends, she is the type of person who has her own way of being nice, and is the person who is very scary when she wants to be. And the type of person that if you hurt any of her friends, you know you will answer to her.

Appearance
    Alex has long dark hair with gentle waves that has browned over years in the sun (waist long). She has piercing green eyes that are slightly slanted and straight smooth features. She has pale skin. Her eyes often have a mocking or cold expression. Alex has an average height, if not a little short, which gets her teased and looked down upon sometimes. She has an agile, nimble figure and has a serious almost stoned face. She has slightly pointed pixie-like ears.

Power
    Magic (offensive, defensive and creative), healing, sharper senses, faster reaction and movements. Rarely flies (nearly never) as her wings are very delicate and fragile (from Faerie trait).

Bio
    Alex seems quiet and serious to those who do not know her well. She has superb swordplay skills and can fight without weapons if necessary, so she seems to be a lone, silent and deadly assassin. Due to her silence, she is also very observant and has sharp hearing (from elf qualities). To those who know Alex, she loves singing and creating art with her magic. She rarely uses magic in combat; magic is the last resort for extremely difficult battles. Her magic is very vicious when in 'offensive mode' and when she uses it, she often has a wide radius of obliteration around her.

It's quite obvious that Alex is a warrior, but she aims for 'graceful fighting' and sometimes that can be her weakness; she does not rely on strength, but on skill, wit and courage, and against bulkier opponents, this can be her downfall. Alex knows this, but does not like to admit her weaknesses and faults. Her other fault is that she is very un-self-aware. For example, she cannot describe her own personality when asked, because she is confused and knows little about her background and identity.

She doesn't remember her childhood and has the vaguest memories which she can't tell whether they are memories or dreams. She believes that she used to be human, but somehow got 'turned'. This is because since forever, she has worn a necklace around her neck. The necklace bore a small turquoise-green rectangular block that is the size of a thumb. Carved into it were runes and symbols that bore resemblance to the writings on the walls of the cave that she lived in until she was 14. She travelled the world, and can speak four different languages, including her own tongue, which I'm not sure what it is. I don't know if you guys are doing the modern world or a fictional world, so I won't name any languages.

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Turqoisia - Nice to have you.

Maggie - I definately up for continueing would you like to post again? and how are we going to slot turqoisia in?

6. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

I think you should do it next -
    Could just kill the characters and find Turquosia on the island?

7. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Kill the characters?

8. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Can I have a look at what you guys have already written?

9. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

10. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

11. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Well funnily enbough the writers who I don't think are coming back landed on a different part of the island we could kill them lol

12. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Good point. How are we going to get turquoisia in?

13. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Not sure - maybe a stranded character who we can rescue

14. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

That could work. Turquiosia any ideas?

15. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Great- lol Could we start with you?

16. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Also if the characters want to come back they could return by saying they escaped lol

17. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I think it would be better to let Turquiosia post first even if its just to introduce her character/backstory.

18. MaggieStone

MaggieStone New Member

Good idea
    I don't think Turk (new nickname, partly because I can never remember how to spell it properly)has been on in a couple of days, should I email turk instead?

19. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Yes, send her a private message asking if she can post her chars back story, then we can go from there.

20. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Hi guys!
    Sorry for not replying sooner - I was on a cruise where internet connection wasn't available >.<
    Right now, I'm reading the story so far (thanks Mr Mr), so once I finish and I'm up-to-date with the story, I'll post an intro to my character.

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Ah good to know. Looking forward to your post.

22. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Okay after I read all the posts, I found it a little confusing, so I compiled the posts together so that they sort of make sense. I put them together so that it was in a typical novel format: prologue, chapters, etc. I also edited the posts for spelling and grammar and please let me know if you're not happy with anything. Red asterisks are for unclear spelling or meaning. Blue edits are suggestions for clarity. So that you guys can have a look, do you want me to post this doc somewhere in particular?

This brings me to another question: Do we have a site where we collaborate our posts besides WritingForums.org? Maybe Google.docs or Facebook or whatever? Google docs is good for sharing but the formatting is horrific. Facebook: we can post and share docs in a Group, but some people might not have Facebook. If you guys don't want to, I can create an account/group for us, I don't mind :) I can post the doc at the other thread if you guys want, but that might be confusing >.>

And also, while I was editing, I found variation in spelling in terms of the American language and Australian(/UK?) language. Are we doing it in American or Australian? This is just so I know before I post the doc.

Thanks!!
    I don't really know who I'm asking this to, but probably Maggie or Mr Mr, since you two seem the most talkative ;)

23. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

TodaysMeet.com is good for discussions and rooms can last for up to a year. Once a room is created, only the people with the link to the room can join in and chat. This would be good for discussing plots and characters. Just saying. :]

24. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Thats what this is for though.

25. turquoisia

turquoisia New Member

Yep, but for faster convos if needed.

Okay instead of an intro, I thought that maybe I could dive right into the story? I was thinking of something along these lines:

Josh, out looking for the others, wandered into a forest where he thinks he might find someone or a village/town where people who knew the land better could help find Olusia, Aida and Caius. Here, he is attacked by Lexi who believes he is a dangerous intruder sent from enemies of the town where she resides. They battle, during which Josh defends himself and requests help. Lexi, realising Josh was not a spy, stops attacking him and leads him to the head in the town/village. After discussing with village head, Lexi and Josh go together where Lexi with Josh find Aida and Caius. Ophelia had told them to go on ahead of her, leaving her to battle against a creature native to the island.

Yes or no?

Should I post the compilation or forget it?