1. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Quick! Quick! Need feedback on possible publishing DBA name

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Catrin Lewis, Jul 3, 2016.

Bowker's running a $45 off special on a block of ten ISBNs, I have no idea how long the sale will last, and I want to take advantage of it.

In the sign up, you have to check yourself off as Self-Publisher, then give them the name of your company. After thinking and rethinking and searching and researching, I like Hendrick Hill Books. There's nothing like it on Google (save some street names here and there). It picks up an old family name and I like hills. Also, it sounds solid, and it's sufficiently neutral I can go anywhere with it re: genre.

I considered Hendrick House Books, but there's a publisher called Hendricks House that apparently reprints old classics and it's too much the same.

What do you guys think?

2. Lady Mars

Lady Mars New Member

I adore it! It sounds official! Go for it!

3. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Yup, I think Hendrick Hill has a nice ring to it.

Lady Mars likes this.
  4. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Sounds good to me.

Be aware that some people react poorly to self-publishers who "pretend" to be a publishing company, which may be what it seems like in this case. You can just register as your author name, at least where I live.

5. Catrin Lewis

Yes, I can understand that line of thought. I did a good deal of research on the matter, and knowing what I know about myself, I decided that setting up an official publishing company/imprint was the best way to go.

6. Catrin Lewis

Thanks to everyone for their responses. "Hendrick Hill Books" it is.

I think I'll start another thread to describe the process.