Making Male vs. Female Physical Fights Believable + Brutal

Discussion in 'Research' started by Marthix2016, Nov 5, 2018.

1. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Have you been in a real fight? Not just some karate spar or some competition, a real one? It seems like you haven't, in a real street fight, 9/10 times a woman will get severely injured if not, killed if she tried to fight a man. It's like I tried to explain earlier on, skill and technique can only get you so far until the guy is just simply too big and too strong for your flashy karate moves to do anything to him.

A male boxer would likely kill a female boxer if it was pound for pound in muscle mass. That's how outmatched women are when it comes to physical strength, a male has 40% more strength pound for pound in muscle mass because of how our muscle structure works. An ape has way more strength because of how their muscle structure works even though they're shorter than us. That's why we separate genders, not because of sexism but because of biology and because women would just fucking die if we put them up against men in contact sports. It's like putting teenage males up against toddlers in contact sports.

2. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

It's not even weight classes, it's the fact that the muscle structure and strands of males is significantly stronger and different to a female's. I linked a video of a scrawny man that has never touched weights defeat a female bodybuilder in an arm-wrestling match. It's ridiculous that people have forgotten exactly why it is that women weren't allowed in the police or the army in the first place, much less participate in contact sports against men.

Sexism and chivalry has nothing to do with it and biology has everything to do with it.

Alan Aspie likes this.
  3. Bone2pick

Bone2pick Conspicuously Conventional Contributor

Claims have been made in this thread that size and strength isn't much of a factor in hand-to-hand combat; I'm arguing that's incorrect. The best 125 pound mixed martial artist in the world would be a massive underdog against a 205 pound professional fighter. And that disparity all boils down to size and strength.

4. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Yeah but we're talking about the difference between the average male and female then comparing a peak-level male vs peak-level female and showing how big of a disparity there is. I've already talked about weight classes in my first comment on this thread and how big of a difference it makes in a fight.

5. Bone2pick

Different people are making different claims. My post about weight classes was (obviously) a response to the person I quoted. Not you.

6. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Of course I have. I know that MMA is nothing like a real one. That’s how I know that real fights don’t drag on like in movies, they’re over in about ten seconds, first strike wins 90% of the time and it doesn’t matter if that first hit is a punch, elbow, or sweep.

You seem to completely understand what martial arts is. It’s not flashy, at least not self defense styles. Flashy moves don’t have any power, they don’t even do that in MMA. Real self defense is about inflicting as much damage as fast as possible and escaping which is why the focus is towards the eyes, solar plexus, and groin. A minimal strike to any of those places ends a fight.

If escape wants the objective the strike would still stagger then enough to bring the fight to the ground and eliminate any pinching power advantage. I’ve seen huge men absolutely wrecked by tiny girls on the ground, once legs are around your midsection there is no defense and they’ll hammer you will their elbows.

Alan Aspie likes this.
  7. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

That's perfectly fine, I was explaining how weight classes isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to male vs female fights. If you have an issue with that then I'm sorry to hear it.

8. Bone2pick

9. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

About credibility... It rises from personal experience. And experiences vary a lot.

In male world it is almost certain that you have been in fights - as a kid, in teen years, maybe in adult years. if you have fought you see fighting in a different way. That's why I suggest that you just go and train a bit some full contact sport or method for few months. Then you know better.

If you train, you will find out that attitude, technique, speed and power mean a lot - but also how.

If you can hit well, you find out that power and speed comes from body- and feet muscles - not so much from your arms.

If you can kick well, you find out that power and speed comes from way you hip moves.

If you spar and fight a bit you'll find the importance of timing. 0.2 - 0.5 seconds is a lot and it is an advantage you'll seek and use all the time.

You characters are warriors? That means they are professionals. That means they have tools all the time - and everything is a tool for them. And that means they'll take initiative if they can. And they try to choose where, when and how.

1. Different readers differently.

2. You must understand yourself, by your own experience what that means if you want to write credible text.

3. That means you want to write unbelievable text. It is a bit like you wanted to write that foxes and wolves are equal in strength.

4. They would compare your writing agains their experiences in school and later life.

5. There area women that can beat most men. But even these can't beat all the men.

Think about Avivit...

6. That means a lot.

7. Then she will either be implausible or killed.

8. It they are warrior they have tools. Fist fight is for amateurs or friends or bullies or...

9. Kill or be killed. You take any advantage and use it until you are permanently safe.

10. It is. Sane men don't fight against women. If they can't avoid it, they don't use all the power and skills they have.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In this thread there are stories about size and power... There is some truth in them but they are not the truth.

190cm and 130kg and trained guy... His knees, groins, throat, eyes, bottom of the neck and skull are as vulnerable as smaller guy has. Elbow to the temple or pen to his brain via his eye will stop him.

If you pay attention to the the way Jomppa fights you might get some good ideas what sort of attitude a winner needs. Pay attention to the way he uses low kicks, knees, elbows, psychology, momentum... And how he controls the distance and balance.

About "how"... Pay attention to Krav Maga and Defendo.

10. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

Quote from my favorite character Hina, a barbarian woman warrior of 2000 years ago, to a woman she is teaching to fight for the first time. "In the first few seconds of the fight, a man will not take a woman seriously. Kill him then, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble."

Quote on the wall of the Naval Academy wrestling training area 50 years ago. "The fight does not go to the better or faster man (or today, woman), but to the man (or woman) who thinks he (or she) can."

Alan Aspie likes this.
  11. Bone2pick

Fun fact: I wrestled there, and have a picture to prove it. :bigcool:

12. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

For the Academy, or against their team?

13. Bone2pick

Neither. I attended their annual wrestling camp the summer before my senior year of high school.

14. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

ADULT VIEWING

That running through the woods Krav Maga video was ridiculous. I think in writing terms all that stuff is okay for your fantasy crayon books. But for adult fiction I go Russian, and see the celebrated template below, the classic adults only 3 Stooges Military Hero NCOs demonstrating combat facilities. Especially note how single-handed he takes on those 24 men in the barracks?
    No ladies in this one [SNORT PIG]. Courtesy of vodka corporation

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  15. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

I raise you this:

Bonus video, something truly great:

Speaking of Great:

Edit: At 2:30, Holly light weight does one of those Systema punches.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    matwoolf likes this.
  16. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Well, what is the need to write parity of strength into a script? Just have the monstrous guy stride into the room, throw the female lead/hero against every wall, then she chucks a shoe and it goes through his eye. That is the traditional system for fiction underdog?