Marc's Bar and Grill Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Kingtype, Dec 13, 2012.

1. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Lark

Larkspur Marianne Elizabeth Beaumaris

Aged: 19 Years

Appearance: Very petite with a delicate bone structure, she is possessed of very striking coloring, aside for a black eye. Pale skin paired with deep brown hair and cobalt blue eyes. Her features are piquant, vibrantly mobile and speaking. Every emotion is written in her face. She cannot bluff to save her life. At barely five feet tall, she is easy to overlook and is often mistaken for a child because of her diminutive size. Her chocolate brown curls fall below her waist when they are loose, but are usually bound up in a tightly braided coronet.

Clothing is vintage Regency (1815). Empire waisted blue velvet gown with gauzy white sleeves, tight to the wrists, and a deep, square neckline with a delicate inset of gauze and a high lace collar. Several layers of heavy petticoats provide warmth and lend a fullness to her floor length skirts. The ubiquitous black velvet cloak, a must have for all historical fiction travellers, and kid half boots complete the ensemble.

Biography: Lark is where the tales of the Darkkin starts. She is the product of a forbidden marriage between a Darkkin, (Draconian shifter), and a Grace, (an Earth born Lore akin to an Angel, with element abilities as opposed to the divine.). She is what is known among the Lores as a Fleur, a hybrid shifter, a dragon with the abilities of both the Darkkin and the Graces. By the laws of the Tribe she should have been put to death at birth, along with both her parents, but they fled before the Council discovered the truth.

A true rarity among the Lores, Lark has been a condemned prize sought by both sides since her birth. In order to keep her out of the hands of both the Stone Hag and the High Council, Lark has lived life on the run, rarely remaining anywhere longer than a couple of months. She and her mother survived on the fringes of the wilderness in the mountainous regions of France, Germany, and what was once Prussia after the death of her father.

At the age of ten, Lark fell into the hands of the Stone Hag, who knowing Lark's mixed parentage sought to claim the young fledgling's abilities to the ranks of her own army of Lores. She has seen Lark as the ultimate weapon, a Darkkin Lady who can bring the Tribe tumbling down from within. Marked with the seal of the Hag, Lark was returned to her mother's care, who by this time had determined she could no longer survive without the support of the Tribe.

Granddaughter of the Tribe's matriarch and goddaughter of the High Council's senior Elder, the young Darkkin has friends in high places, who have gone to great lengths to keep Lark's true parentage a secret, and as such, she bears only her mother's maiden name. With the origins of her birth obscured, Lark and her mother were transplanted from the wilds of Europe to the heart of London, to be hidden away within the very core of the Tribe.

Nine years passed with no further incidents, but the calm, almost staid life they lead was about to come crashing down around their ears. A bullet brought Lark's small world to the brink of ruin. With her mother dead and gone and the Hag on her trail, she fled London leaving a flurry of panic and devastation in her wake.

Personality: Cautious around strangers, with a tendency to observe more than she speaks. Extraordinarily bright, she see the world through a very unique set of glasses. She sees abstracts and hates conflict, but she doesn't shy away from it. Brazen when angry, her temper is quick to flare, but also quick to fade. She prefers to defuse situations using logic, but will resort to force if threatened. Although soft spoken and easygoing, she does have a stubborn streak a mile wide. Once she digs her heels in on a subject there is no swaying her.

A lady born, she comes off as haughty to some, but it is her natural reserve that holds her back. Once she comes to know someone, she is a steadfast friend with an outrageous sense of humor. She is too bright with a tendency to over think things, as well.

Home World: Earth of the Past, namely Regency England 1815.

Weapons/Skills: A profoundly gifted musician, (piano), she has far more minute control over her weaving abilities than many of the other Darkkin. She is known as a Keshin, a weaver of all four physical elements, (Earth, Air, Water, Fire), but also several Intangibles, (Spirit, Echo, and Void.) Because of her control over several forbidden Intangibles, she is feared by some and hunted by others. She is the Darkkin equivalent of a psychic. She speaks to the fallen through her music, giving them a voice. She, like all her kind, possesses the lethal predatory grace of the dragons.

Miscellaneous: Like her cousin Bella, she too, is possessed of a hulking mastiff, a dog of war known as Ares. Fawn colored, with countless wrinkles and a black mask. Lark is something of a singularity among her kinfolk, feared as much as she is loved.

2. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Haha, I don't blame you. Jaz isn't exactly friend quality.

I just think that's totally awesome you are playing as yourself. That would be SO hard for me. I stay pretty quiet around strangers in public plus I'd hate to be alone and in a bar of all places! My sister would have to tag along, that would be better. :p

3. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

A game like this requires Gerad D. Poe
    I hope his powerlevel isn't too much for the game.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

okay Mikey is in now -warning: beware of XL's blades they can cut a human to peices within two point three seconds (she is very precice with numbers). Honestly i don't know who she'd get along with yet -but i have a feeling Dexter is gonna have his hands full :D

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

You are accepted

6. Kingtype

@Asune: Feel free to use him. The Bartender has high power to.

7. lixAxil

@King: In that case I would use Atahlia just to defeat the bartender

Joking...

8. Kingtype

The Bartender doesn't fight. He doesn't talk either.

9. lixAxil

Name: Gerad D. Poe. The Hunter of Fiction

Appearance: Is a tall man with red hair and golden eyes. He usually uses a combination of trousers, boots, shirt and a long coat usually mixing different colors.
    Such as blue with green, white with yellow or black with red on his latest appearance.

BIO: The creation of Gerad is unknown, it's known that he was created as an anagram of Edgar Allan Poe, but it's unknown the reason why. His objective at the beginning was to hunt all the fictional beings and then ends with his own life. Because he is just a fictional character whose will is forced by the reality beings, even if he despised his objective he could not stop it. On a battle against Atahlia, he was "retcotned" by it, resetting its whole concept. Although the retcon version of Gerad holds similar characteristics to the original, some changes are notorious. First his personality has softened, second his objective was changed, now he continue hunting fictions, but only the troublesome ones.

Skills/Powers/Weapons:

The Raven and the Tell tale heart are the name of his eyes, giving him advanced precognition, able to prevent events to happen 5 seconds in the future, also able to identify the true nature of a character, and the true intentions of a character.

Negadora: A black and white sword who originally was strong enough to completely erase a fiction from existence with one single blow. Yet after the retcon event, the power of the sword had changed.
    While being black can cause damage directly to the existence, bypassing any barrier either physical, mental, astral, spiritual, etc. Regardless of their law, as the law of the blade itself goes above the fictional barriers. Still at difference of its original version it isn't enough to completely kill a fiction, and more to cause only a strong damage. It can also erase fictional moves for the instant they exists.
    While being white it cause physical type damage, still fairly strong, and can erase from existence Mimic of realities moves. (said moves that although wrote into a fiction could exists into reality, such as a normal bullet)

Nullifier: An omnidirectional barrier that denies literally anything trying to cross through it. It even denies the laws imbued into other's moves, making it the perfect shield. The only problem is that after denying one move, it dissapears and must be recharged before being created again.

Conceptual traps: Traps that works directly over the concept of the character (its existence, more than its physical form). He can create a trap hole even when it's not possible to create one, defying the physics (this because it works on a metaphysical plane). And also able to launch a webtrap to immobilize the opponent's concept. Of course all are temporal.

Equalizer: The equalizer is Gerad's both great advantage, but also Achilles's heel. It basically forces Gerad to play under the rules of the fiction he is currently in. This could either enhance his skills, or deny some of them.

Elemental manipulation: Able to manipulate the four elements of Aristoteles to a certain degree

Home world: Chronicles of the Unreal

Personality: He seems to be a cold person, but in real he is just focused into his objective. Outside of this he can be very different, surprisingly social. He rarely acts in an overconfident way, and always analyze carefully the situations.

Miscellaneous info: He is a fan of "vintage", he dislike alcoholic drinks, but is obsessed with Coffee. Also love pancakes.
    Originally was inspired into Willard H. Wright (Umineko no naku koro ni). But it was just a boring rip off. Hence why I forced a retcon on his storyline as an excuse to change the idea.

10. Kingtype

@Asune: Accepted

11. lixAxil

Yeah, I hope that his "overpowered level"
    and the twisted way that he affect into metaphysical levels, and even directly over what fiction is. Doesn't bother anyone here.

12. Kingtype

Should be fine. I mean I doubt he could take all the players at once. But he and The Bartender are likely the strongest player characters so far.

13. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

[​IMG]

This is the closest thing I could find to Tina. It's almost perfect accept that her skin is a little darker and is wearing different clothing. There is also a small scar above her right eye.

14. Kingtype

Why do I get the feeling that Tina isn't always a happy camper.

15. Love to Write

Have you read her in Spell Bound? And you would be right.

16. Kingtype

I have she doesn't seem like a happy person. She's a shell shocked veteran ain't she?

17. Love to Write

Ah...I can't describe Tina in a few words. She has seen many battles. Seen many friends die and disappear. Made hard choices. She's in love with someone who doesn't love her back and insists on carrying the responsiblity of earth on her shoulders cause she doesn't trust anyone else to do it.
    But she also has a fun side that likes to tease and tell stories. She is definetly not without humor.

Tina is complicated. You'll have to play my RPwhen I get it up for a better idea of her history and why she is the way she is.

18. Kingtype

Based on what you said she sounds like a shell shocked veteran.

19. Love to Write

Yeah. But don't tell her that. She'd never admit to it.

20. Kingtype

Dexter will tell her and then comment on her past mistakes ;)

21. Love to Write

How would he even know about them?

22. Kingtype

He wouldn't. But it wouldn't exactly be that crazy if he did, I mean heck your sitting in a bar full of fictional characters with various superpowers. Knowing someones past doesn't seem that far fetched. But Dexter doesn't know anything about her. Besides if he did what would Tina do to him?

23. lixAxil

Throw me a quick resume of the three pages so far, so I can introduce Gerad. Btw forgot one skill to put
    The Horror Realm

24. Kingtype

Nothing much is happening. Right now various characters are sitting around talking in the bar about various subjects and Dexter and Pickles are about to fight because Dexter was rude to the women in the bar. But something interesting shall happen soon. But I'm currently making my true RP.

25. lixAxil

The horror realm

Gerad's supreme move. It's what can be called a Psychological conceptual move. Gerad prepares conceptual energy and then fires it in the shape of several black snakes that will hit all around him. The attack is random though and cannot really target.
    First, it bypass any kind of defense and nullify their laws via afecting directly the existence of the target
    Second, receiving a full blow of one of the snakes equal K.O. for it shows all the horror from present, past, future, reality and fiction right into the mind of the target, causing an extreme traumatic shock on it.
    A no full hit but just being barely hit by a snake will inflict psyhological damage, nt enough to K.O. but strong to temporaly shock the target.