Marc's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Dexter looked at Gerad and then scanned around in the room. "So what exactly are you doing here hunter? Does someone here pose a threat to your precious balance." Dexter stated with a mocking tone. He was actually wondering if Gerad was here to kill anyone.

Pickles looked at Gerad. "Oh dear I do hope your not here hunting anyone Mister Gerad. Then I'm afraid I'd have to try and resolve i peacefully even if I had to stop the killing with force." He stated in apologetic tone. Pickles knew he probably couldn't take Gerad. But if the hunter was there to kill Pickles would try and stop him.

2. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Jaz

Jaz flinched at the girl's sensitive touch and pulled away, stuffing her hand into her jacket pocket. The girl's sweet aroma overwhelmed her senses and dark temptations played with her mind. Taking a sharp breath, Jaz fought back the urge to draw closer to her. No, she would not allow such a human to captivate her.

"Don't touch me again." Jaz said to the girl, her voice heavy with warning.

"And don't call me the 'V' word in that tone," Jaz turned to the dark witch, sliding down her sunglasses to give the woman a glare in return. She was getting tired of everyone treating her with discrimination. Clueless judgmental people; they knew nothing. The media told a complete lie that every human believed and no matter what they thought, living her life was not one bit glamorous.

Jaz continued to stare at the witch in distaste as her potent stench escaped from her pores. "I'm none of the kinds you mentioned. Don't wanna be neither. I'm a tracker. A fighter against evil. And, if you got a problem with me, then deal with it. I've had to for two years now. Two years of hell."

3. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Lark: Tavern in the Wood

Twilight was looming as Ares finally slowed for a slight thinning in the trees. Lark sat up pushing her tangled hair and hood out of her face. A half timbered inn rose out of the dwindling light. Curiosity overcame the fading vestiges of fear. Carefully she slid to the ground, her skirts crackling with a build up of snow and ice. Wood smoke scented the air, hinting at a warm fire and even warmer food. This was no posting house and there were suspiciously few horses about. Odd. A hedge tavern possibly?

"Not quite Braemoore Abbey, old man." She said to the dog with a rueful smile. "But it will serve to get us out of sight and out of the cold."

Grasping the mammoth hound's collar, she made her way toward the door. Gently turning the brass knob, Lark heard the latch click. Humor lit her dark blue eyes as she peered around the edge of the door with Ares in tow. She wasn't the oddest one here, in fact she appeared almost down right normal. Normal...She shuddered at the word.

Sensing no immediate threat she pushed the door wider and stepped into the shadowy confines of the room. Conversation hummed in her ears, but a decent cup of tea was foremost on her list of desired items.

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Orphine

"Deal...with...it?" Orphine repeated slowly. The Witch couldn't comprehend what she was hearing. This insolent bloodsucker was telling her to deal with it. Orphine had been many things in her life, become many incarnations and played many roles, but she had never been disrespected in such a way. Well, not since she took up the Craft and learned to magick away her enemies. Oh, and recently when the Horned God and the Death Goddess and countless other Gods chased her across various realms... But Orphine was definitely not going to let some upstart demon chick badmouth her so publicly.

"In the old days I would have turned you into a warty toad", Orphine threatened, slowly rising from her seat. "Or ordered my men to have you hung, or burned, or your still-beating heart ripped out... But I am a new person, a better person--so I will give you a fair fight. Me and you will fight, and I will try not to hurt you too badly." Orphine's words slurred a bit and she scowled in annoyance. "Expurge!", she snapped, and steam rose off her skin. She was expelling all the witch's brew from her system. Onc eit was gone she conjured a light wind to swirl around her and clear the mist.

"What are we waiting for?", Orphine growled with a feral smile. She swept around, her diamond covered cape flying, and stalked to a wide open space that hadn't been there a moment before. It resembled a dance floor but weapons were also assorted on a long bench and there was a drain in the floor for spent blood. A rousing rock song started playing, something from The Runaways, maybe. "Let us begin!", Orphine snapped, and stomped her foot, striking green sparks from the floor.

5. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Alistair

"How 'bout you? You look like you've got more years under your belt than I do. Also, what do you mean by 'resistance fighter'?"

"I was in the service for 154 years. Then some bastards decided that humans were the only ones who should be allowed to walk on the moon, so they started attacking anyone of 'fantastic' nature. I've been fighting against them in the resistance." Alistair replied. "Hope your earth doesn't end up like mine... It isn't pretty at all..." He shook his head.

--------------------------

Billiam

"I don't mean villains who are naturally part of their fiction. I mean those that cannot be classified really as protagonists or antagonists... those that disturb the balance"

Billiam raised his hand.

"That would be me! I'm very disruptive of balances everywhere I go... Bad things just seem to follow me through the multiverse..." He said through the last bite of his burger. He realized this wasn't the wisest of things to say, but after 4000 odd years, one sometimes says 'to hell with it.'

6. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"That would be me! I'm very disruptive of balances everywhere I go... Bad things just seem to follow me through the multiverse..."

Gerad sip a bit of coffee. Then he said.. "You're not dangerous... I mean you only fulfill your role into the multiverse of your fiction... But you don't threat the balance of all in general...."

"By the way" said he looking all over the place... "what's up with everybody so eager to pick up a fight?" asked Gerad

7. Kingtype

Dexter sighed at Gerad's compliments. "Isn't obvious hunter?" Dexter asked leaning against the walls. "We are a bunch of hostile animals in one in closed space. Its obvious fights are gonna break out some out of honor, some for pleasure and some just to show who is swinging the biggest set a balls." He stated with a grin. Dexter didn't enjoy fighting but he was a hell of one that's for sure. But Dexter new the score with this kinda stuff. No matter how friendly they are put any kind of beast or person on a planet, ina room or anywhere for that matter and those things are gonna fight and die.

8. JessWrite

Jaz

"What are we waiting for? Let us begin!", The witch snapped, and stomped her foot, striking green sparks from the floor.

Jaz watched the witch woman conjure her spells from across the room. Her expression remained unmoving, besides the slight twitch of her plump red lips. "You really expect me to fight you? That's a joke. An awful bad one."

With her right hand still in her pocket, Jaz slid her fingers over her pistol. She'd have a bullet in that woman's skull before she could say "Abra-Cadabra". The challenge was tempting, but she didn't want to kill the poor thing. That would be no fun at all. Probably would put a mark on her already declining reputation too.

"Nah, I'm gonna to save the comedy for some other loser." Jaz said, walking back over to the bar. Motioning again to the bartender she ordered another drink, her tastebuds waiting in expectation.

9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

"Nah, I'm gonna to save the comedy for some other loser."

Orphine glared right back at the arrogant creature. "I'm the damn Evil Queen, and I order thee to stand", Orphine snapped. She flicked her fingers at Jaz and said, "Air, to me! Bring the insolent whelp closer, so I may smite her." The wind swirled but did not immediately respond. "Are you sure, Mistress?", a whisper on a gentle breeze said. "Isn't this the exact kind of thing that got us into this mess...?"

"Yes, yes, I know", Orphine murmured. "Do me this favour and I swear on my witch's honor that I'll be good. But for right now, this ridiculous woman needs a lesson in manners." Yes, my Mistress. As you will it, so mote it be... The wind swirled more fiercely and flew at Jaz, ripping at her and trying to tug her closer to the dancefloor. As the Air tugged and pulled, Orphine began to Know something. "You have a gun", Orphine said with certainty. "That's not sporting, now is it? I find those toys to be a disgrace to the art of fighting. No matter, modern weapons of that sort cannot kill me, only injure me. Only medeval weapons of my birth times can. Of which there are plenty over here..." The Witch grinned and gestured airily to the long weapon laden bench. "Now stand and fight!" The wind gusted even harder and yanked on Jaz's chair, pulling her onto the dancefloor...

10. lixAxil

"Isn't obvious hunter?" Dexter asked leaning against the walls. "We are a bunch of hostile animals in one in closed space.

Gerad sighed... "Yeah now that you mention it, it's obvious... but not for the reason you say... still obvious"

He then expelled smoke, the one accidentally ended into Dexter's face... Gerad noticed it, but really didn't care about it.

11. Kingtype

Dexter breathed in the smoked. He didn't mind hell he was out of cigarettes. "Hey mind sparing a cigarette?" Dexter asked holding out his hand. "But yes I'd say its quite obvious. I don't think anyone in here trusts anyone. Not trusting makes people tense and when people are tense they tend to get hostile. See my point hunter?" Dexter smiling.

Pickles shook his head. He didn't agree. "I think to be able to trust is a beautiful thing. That's why I'm always willing to give people a chance and if they don't take that chance, then I offer until they do." He stated happily. To be a young idealist was a great thing.

12. lixAxil

He handed a cigarrette to Dexter

"It depends of another factor.... but I won't talk about it.... you could say though, that's the same reason why or all of you are here."

He then relaxed a bit and said "Bartender a cupcake..... if you have one of course."

"Isn't it curious?" said while looking at the other two... "I wonder how many of you had you paid for your food her... But I haven't... and well the bartender hadn't show any problem with it... is just a theory, but perhaps this place gets adapted to the being on it. Meaning that currently is adapted to work individually for each one, yet we don't notice it, and we picture is as a total for all..... Such a curious place is this bar..."

13. Kingtype

Dexter took the cigarette and sighed. He lit and began to speak. "Not speak of it eh? I hate when mystery people like you start to get all damn cryptic. But hey to each his own. As for the bar it is strange indeed, I don't look into what its made of but I have heard of the owner. But personally The Bartender creeps me out. See I'm talking about him right now and all he does is serve foods and drinks." Dexter pointed at the man.

The Bartender simply started at Dexter and produce a cupcake for Gerad. He set it next to the hunter. He then sent a drink the way of Jaz.

Pickles looked between Dexter and Gerad. "Excuse me gentleman but I heard the woman over there say she was evil. I'm going to have a talk with her." He stated bowing at them. Pickles walked over to Orphine and tapped her on the shoulder. "Um Miss did you mention you were evil?" He asked her. Pickles didn't like when pretty girls said that. It wasn't right. It just hit the ear wrong.

14. SocksFox

Lark: Vittles

Lark hoisted herself up onto a bar stool and plopped down, her skirts crinkling as she did so. Eyes bright with curiosity, she eavesdropped shamelessly.

Pickles looked between Dexter and Gerad. "Excuse me gentleman but I heard the woman over there say she was evil. I'm going to have a talk with her." He stated bowing at them. Pickles walked over to Orphine and tapped her on the shoulder. "Um Miss did you mention you were evil?" He asked her. Pickles didn't like when pretty girls said that. It wasn't right. It just hit the ear wrong.

She flagged barkeeper's attention. "Would it be possible to procure a cup of tea? And one of those?" She asked indicating Gerad's cupcake. Ares, whose head was now even with her shoulder, whined. "Add a ham hock to that, as well, please."

While she waited she turned her attention back to the feudal parties. One, who she knew to be the embodiment of the Evil Queen, seemed bent on starting a fight. The slightly rusty knight looked more than willing to oblige.

The Queen looked like she would get along well with Alfie and Bernard. Lark shivered, a combination of the thought and the ice, which was slowly beginning to dissipate in a veil of steam.

The two gentlemen to her right were half obscured by a cloud of smoke. No easy alliance there. They reminded her of two predators watching, circling, waiting for the moment to strike.

Further off there were two more women, one appeared to be normal enough, even if her clothes were a bit odd. The second was the target of the uppity Queen. The proverbial vampire, mad at the world and most of those in it.

A self deprecating smile flitted across her face. "I've spent too much time in Kettering. I wonder what Quinn would think of this place? It is definitely a crossroads, like the old Broken Bird. I know Chance will pitch a fit..." Clear silvery laughter bubbled forth at the thought. "He will be on his high horse for days." Ares leaned on her shoulder and grumbled.

15. Kingtype

The Bartender produced a cup of tea, ham hock and cupcake for Lark some of the best in the universe. He slid the tea over to Lark and then studied her for a moment with cold eyes. It was like he was reading her soul.

Dexter looked over at Lark and then back to Gerad. "Interesting more guests." He stated flatly. Dexter was quite surprised at the storm of people in here. He looked back at Lark and gave a playful grin. "Hey are you single?" Might as well annoy some patrons.

Pickles turned away from Orphine who he was still waiting to answer the evil question and looked Lark. He didn't say anything he simply smiled brightly at her and bowed. Pickles would introduce himself to everyone in a more proper way, once he got done convincing Orphine that evil is .......well not right.

16. SocksFox

Lark: Mingle

The Bartender produced a cup of tea, ham hock and cupcake for Lark some of the best in the universe. He slid the tea over to Lark and then studied her for a moment with cold eyes. It was like he was reading her soul.

Lark warped her chilled fingers around the warm china with an appreciative sigh. "Thank you," she murmured as her eyes went dark. "You might not like what you find if you pry too deep, sir." She added softly. "Ghosts in the water...Voices 'cross the threads."

He looked back at Lark and gave a playful grin. "Hey are you single?"

Handing Ares the ham hock, she turned to face Dexter, but Ares was quicker. Jowls dripping with slobber and ham juice, he planted himself firmly between Lark and Dexter, a fierce scowl folding his face into wrinkles. Again, Lark's sense of the ridiculous came to the fore, her laughter as bright and clear as the bells of Christmas day. "In some ways, yes. In others, no."

With that cryptic remark, she returned her attention to her much sought after tea.

17. Kingtype

The Bartender acted as if Lark's comment was hardly a concern to him. He just continued along with his duty serving food and drinks. He was truly an odd case the man

Dexter looked confused by Lark's comment. These people from other worlds were always so damn cryptic. "By being single in someways and others not, do you mean your a bisexual that is screwing one side of the fence and not the other?" He asked puffing his cigarette. Dexter was hardly scared. In fact he was enjoying these people.

18. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

As the Air yanked Jaz tot he dance floor, Orphine shrugged off her diamond encrusted sheer cloak and turned to the patrons of the bar. "Come ye near, fair bystanders! Watch as I batter this child and teach her a lesson!", Orphine cried, her voice magically amplified. As she spoke she hovered from the ground a few inches and her skin glowed as that weird lightning bounced around inside her body. Her hair flew around her face and random sparks erupted from her jeweled sharp nails. She was in full Evil Queen mode.

"Watch as I smite this naive fool who dared to bark at me like a mad dog! All will know my strength!" As she finished speaking the jukebox skipped a beat and changed to a banging techo beat and flashing party lights shone over the dance floor. Orphine absently thought how odd this place was, then refocused on Jaz. "Come to me, whelp! I am a mistress of magick, in me lies your doom!" She had thrown caution out the door. How every God across the Realms was after her did not cross her mind, all she could think about was the all-consuming urge to get vengeance.

19. JessWrite

Jaz

Using her gift of speed, Jaz jumped off the enchanted chair to land on an occupied table on the other side of the room. Drinks were spilled in the process, pouring into the laps of several drunken guests.

"Here, buy yourselves another round or two." Jaz said, throwing some stolen cash at their angry faces. Hopping down, she held herself as if nothing had even happened.

"Come to me, whelp! I am a mistress of magick, in me lies your doom!" The Evil Queen yelled, her eyes shimmering with the thought of a feud. Jaz was about to give the queen what she wanted, when the alluring aroma came to her. The Bartender had her drink ready.

"Hold that thought, will you?" Jaz said to the witch, turning her back to her and strutting over to the counter. Two men and a young woman were in the middle of a discussion, a cloud of smoke surrounding them. As she drew closer, Jaz couldn't help noticing the cupcakes two of them had ordered. She glanced at the dessert, giving a small sigh. Piled icing crusted with sugar and moist fluffy cake...she'd give up anything to be able to take a bite without gagging.

Willing away her disappointment, she turned to reach over the counter and grab up her own dessert. While doing so, her arm almost bumped into the girl. Jaz stepped away, her eyes settling on the interesting human who's scent she couldn't place. Oddly, she smelled of human yet also of another. Her senses depicted another familiar scent near her and Jaz looked at the girl's feet to find it. Dog. A large one.

Squinting beneath her sunglasses, she stared down the creature, memories pricking her mind. She had left behind a black lab, Millie. Her kind were supposed to hate dogs, being related to the wolf. Despite this, Jaz still longed to love them and often wondered if her dog was alright. She had yet to encounter any werewolves either, so she really had no reason to despise them. She hated the world enough already.

Jaz took a swig of her drink, savoring the warmth as the liquid slid down her throat. Ignoring the eager queen, she kept her ears alert on the curious conversation.

20. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"Ahem" Sir Mortens politely coughed. "This dear bartender, I feel inclined to inform you, is not proper tea." he stated pompously. Sir Mortens, oblivious to his surroundings as always considered that the bartender would most definitely appreciate a concise and thorough lecture on what proper tea was and complied immediately.

"Proper tea is served strongly in a seperate teapot and a additional pot of hot water is provided so that the benefactor may dilute his or her drink to the desired gradation. Also a strainer should be provided along with a plate of sugar cubes, milk, whipped cream, cookies and other sweet delicacies." Sir Mortens stated seriously. Upon his finding that his surroundings were not equally passionate about the subject at hand as he was he looked around and intended to cough a few more times to gain the desired level of absorption. He however refrained from doing so as he saw a young girl hurry towards the bar. Surely she would be most pleased to hear how proper tea was supposed to be served! Even vampires enjoyed proper tea, didn't they?

"A sweetheart, I feel strongly inclined to inform you that if you have ordered tea, it is not proper and should not be consumed by your person!" he said.

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

Orphine took a deep breath and glared steadily at Jaz. She had had enough. In her own land Orphine never gave anyone chances, she meted out horrible punishments without second thought. But she gave this--this vampire--a chance to fight and she did not take it. The Witch strode to the bar, green sparks striking from her stiletto heeled boots with each step. Once she reached the bar she hissed, "I wasn't asking if you wanted to fight. I was telling you." She raised her arms over her head. "Fire, to me!" Intense warmth surrounded Orphine and green flames flickered in her dark curly hair. She pointed at Jaz's dessert and a crimson firebolt sprang from her finger and exploded the treat, splattereing it everywhere.

"Do you forfeit and repent for your foolish tongue?", Orphine said, raising her chin threateningly. Fire crackled in her hands and weird light bounced around inside her body. "Let me burn her, Mistress, please?", Fire begged in a voice only the Witch could hear.

22. SocksFox

Lark: Paradox

Dexter looked confused by Lark's comment. These people from other worlds were always so damn cryptic. "By being single in someways and others not, do you mean your a bisexual that is screwing one side of the fence and not the other?"

Lark merely arched a delicate brow and said honestly. "That did not make the slightest bit of sense, sir." Not quite understanding her own motivations she reached out a small, cold hand and touched it against Dexter's cheek, knowing it was a very risky business.

The voices of a thousand slain shifters swam across the connection, slamming into Dexter's mind. Her own confused emotions about her link with Chance, his possessiveness of her. Claimed, yet alone, but still never truly alone. The notes of her dark lullaby. Drawing her hand back, her eyes nearly black. "You mock because you do not understand, but the truth does not lie."

23. Kingtype

Dexter flinched when the voices hit his mind. Dexter leaned against the counter, he hated when his mind got messed with. Dexter glared at Lark. "Do me a favor don't ever fucking do that again." He stated coldly. "I mock things because I like to egg people on. Its sort of a hobby I have. But for the record I don't like my head getting filled with nonsense." He snapped. Dexter sighed and finished his cigarette.

The Bartender looked at the fight breaking out and stepped over to Jaz and Orphine. He put himself between the two and pointed at the alley. For the first time The Bartender started speaking. "This bar is not for fighting. Take your dispute to the alley or I'll be forced to remove you." He stated in a very robotic tone. Fighting would not be tolerated in the bar.

24. JessWrite

Jaz

"A sweetheart, I feel strongly inclined to inform you that if you have ordered tea, it is not proper and should not be consumed by your person!"

Jaz peered over at the man that had spoken to her, who smelled old and musty. "I don't drink..." She began, but was cut off by the Evil Queen's flaming bolt which shattered her cup. The half amount of blood left, splattered on the floor and dripped onto the counter.

"...tea." She clenched her teeth, looking down at her red hands. What a waste. Turning back to the man, she pulled another wad of bills out of her bag, laying them on the table next to him. "Clean up this mess for me. That'll get you some proper tea I'm sure."

With a steady eye, Jaz turn to stare at the evil queen, bursting into flames. Fire, one of the ways to kill her kind. The woman must have done her research. Still Jaz remained unfazed by the show, looking almost bored. To rid her of this life would be a kindness.

"Do you forfeit and repent for your foolish tongue?"
    Orphine sneered, her face contorted in a fit of madness. Before Jaz could reply, a queer voice broke through.

"This bar is not for fighting. Take your dispute to the alley or I'll be forced to remove you." The Bartender said, moving close to her. He actually spoke. For the second time that day, Jaz had the prediction that some here were not fully human.

"Didn't wanna cause a fight anyway," Jaz said, holding up her hands in a sign of retreat. "And, listen here Queenie, fighting you would accomplish nothing. I don't fight without reason and a few threats will get you nowhere." To the Bartender she added, "I want another drink. I didn't get to finish the other, unfortunately."

25. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tina

"I was in the service for 154 years. Then some bastards decided that humans were the only ones who should be allowed to walk on the moon, so they started attacking anyone of 'fantastic' nature. I've been fighting against them in the resistance." Alistair replied. "Hope your earth doesn't end up like mine... It isn't pretty at all..." He shook his head.

"Damn. My government doesn't even allow other races on the planet. I can see their reasoning, being it's a security threat and all but killing them just cause they aren't human..." She tsked as she finished her glass. "Some people are just stupid and cruel." Sighing Tina set the glass down, debating wether or not she wanted one more or something non-alcholic. Suddenly the bartender walked from out behind the counter and got inbetween two weird looking chicks looking about ready to get in a fight.

She didn't hear what they said from this far away, but it was obvious no one in that corner was in a good mood. Then she glimpsed a girl sitting at the table. She seemed familiar and yet Tina knew she had never seen her before. So why the strange feeling? The brown-haired girl looked like a cornered animal, a pen scribbiling on a pad of paper as if her life depended on it. She shrugged, brushing away the feeling, and turned her attention back to the dark elf sitting beside her.
    "I'm Tina by the way." She stuck out a hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mary

Things were getting way to tense at this table. Already two sets of people were about to start dueling and the bartender himself had to step in. Not to mention the name Mythalia put her on edge. She knew from her readings that this character was determined to kill the authors of fiction, such as herself. That was not a pleasant thought.
    This was such a bad idea.

Mary scribbled on her pad trying to think of something she could bring into existance that would lighten the tention in the air. Finally she finished her quick drawing and blew softly on the page. Immediatly a dozen butterflies flew off the page in an array of colors. They flew around the faces of those around her before flying off into the rafters. Well, that was fun.