Tags:
  1. Arctic Skygazer

Arctic Skygazer Banned

Melancholic poetry ?

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by Arctic Skygazer, Dec 9, 2017.

(If this isn't the right place to post this, moderators please move it to the place that is)

Is there anyone else here who appreciates poems about death/suffering because they offer a unique insight into human nature/ego/mind ? What are some pieces you are fond of ? Do share.

2. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

Yes, I appreciate such poems. I don't think there is a limitation for poems about death. You not only can post such poems but also can write any type horror writing, among poems about zombies. I will be glad to see one of your works here because I personally like horror stories and poems.

3. ps102

ps102 PureSnows102 Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

The OP is banned, but this isn't the first time I've seen people not notice it anyway. It's just that the banned users don't stand out much in contrast to normal users. I didn't notice it myself until a few minutes after.

Maybe the banned user should have a red font.

4. Not the Territory

Not the Territory Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Yeah the OP is banned, but I don't think that has bearing on whether the discussion may continue. Some passerby might also want to know about moody poems.

I usually prefer ones that have a measured or bittersweet take on gloomy subject matter. I referenced Ella Wheeler Wilcox in a debate thread about anti-natalism last year. The last line from her Sorry (typical Canadian) goes something like "The sorriest things in this life will seem grandest in the next." Damn good take, man.

But if we're going full doom, well The Raven by old Poe is an obvious pick. It captures inner torture quite well, especially when Darth Vader recites it.

Catrin Lewis and deadrats like this.
  5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

They’ve also been banned for years after a tour deforce on how not to take criticism

this thread used to be in the Workshop but we moved it out of there recently