Tags:
  1. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

MMORPG (What's your favorite?)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Marcelo, Jun 28, 2008.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPG) Are known to be addicting, fun as hell but also tedious in many ways, for example the feared and hate 'grind'.

I have been playing these for a while now, playing MMOs like Ragnarok Online (RO), Fly for Fun (Flyff) and Lineage 2 (L2). However, the most popular in the MMO kind is the known World of Warcraft (WoW). I had always wanted to play WoW, maybe because of what everything said about it. My parents believed it to be a waste of money, the 15$ a month.

So, my brother will lend me his credit card to pay the monthly fees. No WoW for me though, now I am more of a casual player. However, as a diehard fan of Tolkien's Middle-Earth, I couldn't ignore an opportunity to play as a fat hobbit smoking pipeweed while walking through the Four Farthings in Middle-Earth. I'm going to play Lord of the Rings, Shadows of Angmar.

Anyone plays here? If so, tell me about it :p

Also, what's your favo(u)rite MMO? Why?

2. Firefly

Firefly Member

I don't play a lot of MMORPGs. I don't have the money for the fancy ones and most of the free ones don't really interest me.

I occasionally play Runescape. These days, though, I mostly only play it if my friend (who now lives halfway across the country) is on too. We'd go hunting, gather up a bunch of meat and other food, cook it, and then we'd give it to people free of charge. And sometimes they insisted that we take the money they offered for the meat. :D Ah, those were the days...

I know my friend (the one who lives halfway across the country) plays Everquest, but I also know that it's $15 a month. :eek: Sometimes he'd be playing it when I went into his house and he'd show me around the place and let me play. It was awesome. :p I would love to play either Everquest or World of Warcraft, but I don't have any money to spare. I think I have a WoW demo/one month subscription or whatever that came with StarCraft, though. I'll have to find that.

3. Maxie Boi

Maxie Boi New Member

I played WoW, it gets redundant after a while, however if the price bothers you, find a private server. You can find good ones that are free to play on. The $15 does hurt the pocket though. =D Right now, not so much in playing MMO's for me, but I am looking forward to the Warhammer one coming out this fall.

4. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I once played Runescape a long long long time ago... and haven't returned to MMORPG's since. I prefer fraggin' people on Call of Duty 4. :D