1. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

morale-boosters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by madhoca, Mar 21, 2010.

I've just got my list of students for the new module (next 7 weeks). They are all repeat students, i.e. they have all failed the last module more than once. They aren't dumb kids at all, although IMO some have undiagnosed ADD/dyslexia (which is beyond my remit to solve). All of them will probably be feeling even more demoralized than usual after flunking the last exam.

I wondered if any of you out there can suggest any good slogans, songs, poetry etc our class can adopt to raise morale?

I have an ancient copy of 'Desiderata' that hung on my wall when I was at school; it's great therapy, but maybe a bit difficult for ESL students to understand. They are all aged 18-21.

Any other tips on keeping up motivation also welcome! I found a few trust games on the internet as well, but would that seem like trying too hard?

2. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

[​IMG]

3. madhoca

^^ LOL one for the teachers' room I think, not the class!

4. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

Nothing like a teacher that shows effort and a genuine sincerity and even frustration to motivate students. Well at least for me, those teachers that I remember were those that through in a joke, talked about what they saw on tv last night, or just stopped mid sentence to describe a good memory and diverge into some sort of philosophy. The best of success with your new pupils.

5. madhoca

Thanks Pallas, and to Cogito and Lessa for the input...much obliged.