Movie you've watched the most times

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by rhduke, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

I've watched Red Planet seven times. It's my favourite movie, I really don't know why everybody else hates it so much...

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Probably Evil Dead 2, only because my friends and I watch it every year around Halloween, so that's a lot of viewings.

Okon likes this.
  3. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

@Wreybies, I guess I have to say I'm ugly and smell funny: I always preferred Aliens over Alien. To me, the second movie is the epitome of good sci-fi. I can't really come up with a better sci-fi action sequence than the first meeting of the marines and the aliens.

Other movies that I can't live without:
    Natural Born Killers - imo one of the most romantic movies ever. It really hit home when I watched it together with KaTrian for the first time.
    Taxi Driver - who hasn't felt like Travis Bickle sometimes?
    Seven Samurai - possibly one of the most perfectly executed movies I've ever seen (and imo contains Toshirô Mifune's best performance), right alongside:
    Canterbury Tales - Pasolini was a master of expressions / portrayals. I always think back to this one when I try to get into the mood to write medieval stuff.
    A Clockwork Orange - even though the actors don't look the proper ages, this is a great book to movie adaptation.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I know the lyrics to "Brave Bold Sir Robin" and have sung it while "riding" circles around a random group of drunken guys.
    Lilja 4-Ever - although this one always depresses the shit out of me and even though I already know how it ends, I always find myself rooting for Lilja.
    Dead Man - what do you get when you combine William Blake's poetry, Jim Jarmusch's writing and directing, Johnny Depp's acting, and Neil Young's music (and toss in John Hurt, Gary Farmer, Billy Bob Thornton, Lance Henricksen, and Iggy Pop for a good measure)? Pure awesome.
    Blues Brothers - "we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
    Full Metal Jacket - to me, this is the quintessential war movie and I know a guy who looks exactly like private Pyle.
    Once Were Warriors - such an agonizing portrayal of a life of violence and, well, if a movie could make me cry, this one would (right alongside Lilja 4-Ever).

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch, but oh well...

4. redreversed

redreversed Active Member

Hm..

"Moon" with Sam Rockwell and a robot voiced by Kevin Spacey :D. Love that movie, watched it a lot of times.

5. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

Cool Hand Luke
    Road House
    Jaws

6. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

Although it's been a couple of years since I've seen Rocky 1, 2, and 3, I've seen these three movies a million times, starting at a very young age.

L.T. likes this.
  7. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

I have to match Garball with Road House. I have also watched Varsity Blues and Fast, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and Weird Science a million times.

8. Billaferd

Billaferd New Member

I have three movies that I can call my favorites. first is Terminator 2, It's a classic sci-fi action movie that doesn't take itself seriously. A great watch and best in the series in my opinion.

Second, Cool Hand Luke. Martin Strothers monologue is inspirational and shows that he really is trying to be fair in a hard situation. Luke, is forever changed through there interactions but yet his convictions keep him going and standing for what he believes to be right.

Third, Twelve Monkeys. Shows how schizophrenia can seem real to the patient and that the lines of reality are always slightly blurred depending on perspective.

Honorable mentions go to Johnny Got His Gun. Dalton Trumbo gave us a story of a man who literally had everything taken away from him.

Forgetmenot77 likes this.
  9. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

I would say Matrix or Alien of recent times.

L.T. and Forgetmenot77 like this.
  10. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

Some of my favorites are Saving Private Ryan,Monsters Inc.,Up,Finding Memo,Fargo, and The Good,the Bad and the Ugly..

11. Mackers

Mackers Senior Member

I literally just watched the original Alien for the first time a couple of weeks ago. What a brilliant film. I was so impressed with it I immediately went and watched the sequel, which I thought was CRAP compared to the original. They abandoned the horror element of the original in favour of action, which I felt was criminal!

12. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I thought the same thing about Alien sequel..Matrix was good too I like Keanu Reeves

Fitzroy Zeph likes this.
  13. iPatrick

iPatrick New Member

Sherlock Holmes for the win. :D

matwoolf likes this.
  14. aClem

aClem Active Member

#1 has to be "Wizzard of Oz" because I've been around a long time and it plays every year, much like "It's a Wonderful Life"

Others I have seen often would include:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Duck Soup (Marx Brothers)
    It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    Groundhog Day
    Take the Money and Run

Obviously, I like comedies and also obviously, I am OLD.

15. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

Oh, I remember that movie, It's a Mad,Mad,Mad World..lol. I enjoyed that movie. How about Rear Window by Alfred Hitchock..:)

16. Garball

One I watched just the other morning; Legend

Don't know which soundtrack I prefer, though...

17. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

That was the movie that made me hate Tom Cruise. I didn't stop hating him until Rain Man. Then he did Mission: Impossible and I hated him again. Then he did Tropic Thunder and I stopped hating him. Then he did Oblivion and I sorta don't mind.

18. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I am getting ready to watch Star Trek on Netflix for a bit.

19. Garball

Tim Curry played the best prince of darkness ever. EVER.

E.T.A.
    That's Days of Thunder. I just wanted to correct you before my redneck brethren attack you

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  20. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I never did like Tom Cruise..lol.

21. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Yes. But then, Tim Curry makes almost anything watchable. :)

22. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

I think the movie I watched the most times would be The good, the bad and the ugly.
    I remember one time when I was in elementary school, I was sick for one week. And every single day during that sickness, I watched it. :D
    Of course I've watched it before and after sickness, so now it has to be over 10 viewings.

23. Bryan Romer

Bryan Romer Contributor Contributor

Resident Evil (the first one). Not that I think it is that great a film, but for some reason I can't stop watching it. I'm sure it can't have anything to do with Milla Jovovich.

24. Oak7ree

Oak7ree Member

The Return of the King Extended Edition - four hours of fantasy heroics. I've watched that movie at least twenty times (that means I've lost count).

25. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Well, the one I spent the most money at the cinema seeing—not only when it first came out, but when it was re-released several times later as well—was the ORIGINAL Star Wars. OMIGOD. I loved that movie. I saw it 8 times at the cinema. I have it on DVD as well, but haven't watched it for years. I still think it's the best of the Star Wars movies. Such a total treat, and endearingly rough around the edges, at least till Lucas decided to 'remaster' it. Urgh. Fortunately I have the untouched version...

Movies I paid to see several times at the cinema were: Ordinary People, American Graffiti, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Big Chill, Last of the Mohicans, Blade Runner, Witness, All The President's Men, Comes A Horseman, On Golden Pond. These kind of date me, don't they? I still watch movies, but only on DVD. I haven't been to a cinema since Serenity, and that was a disappointment because the sound was turned up so loud I couldn't actually hear what the actors were saying. I don't go to cinemas any more, mainly because the sound is always too loud. My husband still goes, but he takes earplugs!

Love my DVDs, though. Comfy couch, nice wide screen, peace and quiet, with toilet breaks ...what's not to like.