Movies, Movies, Movies!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ILTBY, Dec 9, 2007.

1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I'm going to see that soon as I can. Looks good. There suppose to be making two movies (Including AoT) that will conclude the SG-1 storylines that were left open at the end of the series.

2. Edward

Edward Active Member

Speaking of SG-1, why is it I always seem to find out about awesome shows when they've been canceled?

3. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

You too. Sigh. Its a curse on all sci-fi fans sadly :(.

4. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Isn't it better to learn of a show once it's already been canceled rather than becoming involved with the show and having it discontinued? No surprises that way.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, there are ten great seasons of it on DVD (all of which I own, so I guess you could say I'm a fan).

I prefer it when a show ends at a point where everyone is still wanting more, instead of hanging on until no one cares any more.

6. diziet

diziet Member

but surely if a show ends at a point where everyone is still wanting more and this is never resolved, then eventually no one will care any more because they'll just move on to something else?

personally, i like my tv shows to be resolved with a definite conclusion.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

What fun is that? Leave some wiggl;e room for your imagination.

Of course, leaving things too unresolved isn't great either. Stargate SG-1 is putting out a feature length movie or two to wrap up the big Ori story arc, plus there is Stargate Atlantis that can and does give hints about what the team members are doing after SG-1.

8. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

The Ark of Truth is suppose to wrap up the cliff hanger of the Ori arc. The next movie will wrap up the mystery of Baal who sort of just disappeared with about a dozen clones of himself and we arn't really sure if he's dead or not.

I don't like Atlantis much, or SG-1 after they lost Richard Dean Anderson. Rather than make Sheperd or Michell feel like their own characters they're just copies of O'Neill sarcastic and confrontational attitude that made the character so much fun.

A new stargate series is in the works currently titled Stargate Universe that will expand on the series furthur and pick up two decades after SG-1.

I'll also mention there are plans to create direct sequels to the original movie. But these sequels will not have any connection to any of the TV series or the SG-1 direct to DVD movies. Since the series took a little leeway and changed some things about the movie (FE: Abydos was in another galaxy int he film but in the SG-1 series it was in the Milky Way. The Gou'ald are also not present in the film in the form of the series.) So that will be interesting.

Viva la Stargate!

EDIT: I forgot to mention their also making a Stargate MMORPG for those of you who like those sort of games.

9. Hulk

Hulk Banned

New Will Smith movie

After the roaring success of the international hit - I Am Legend, Will Smith is back with a comedy/superhero movie. As Iron Man has proven, superhero movies can be excellent if done right, and by the looks of the trailer of Will Smith's new movie - Hancock (due to release on July 2nd), superhero type movies are definitely working! Check out the trailer of Hancock at Youtube.

10. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Haven't heard of this one, will definitely have to check it out.

11. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Saw the trailer looks really good. Though most of Smith's stuff recently has been good. (I'm talking about acting not the scripts - I Am Legend? He can cure vampires but can't dodge a grenade?)

12. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Hancock sounded like a great subversion of the superhero movie. Apparently, the plot is that Will Smith- as Hancock- is a 'superhero' (term used liberally) who gets a white PR guy...and then sleeps with his wife.
    Sounds great to me!

13. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I don't like will Smith as an actor. I think he's horrible and annoying (Most disagree with me though). To make it worse, Hancock looks liked a rip off version of Superman to me so I'm really not interested.

I hated the Superman movies, why would I want to see another one, but with Will Smith and a new title?

14. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Because it's not at all the Superman movie. Hancock is intended to deconstruct movies like those, but not in a Watchmen style. It's more a parody, played straight, but...yeah.
    It looks good.

15. Hulk

Hulk Banned

'Course it does! :D

16. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

i hate superhero movies. Cept for Batman :p lol

I might check it out, but then it is at the very bottom of my list of movies to watch.

17. BlueR

BlueR New Member

You know Will Smith will make the movie good! I can't wait till it hits the theatres!!

18. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I saw the trailor for this yesterday actually when I went to see Ironman lol, it looks absolutely fantastic. Definitely original, and the acting - from the trailers at least - looked spot on.

19. penhobby

penhobby New Member

Movie plot confusion

Has anyone seen Hancock? I went with hubby to see it and enjoyed it up to the last fifteen minutes and then the plot became confusing. I didn't understand the whole vilain senario in the end. Who was that guy really supposed to be?

Anyone know?

20. Marloy

Marloy New Member

What it is is - um, do you mean Hancock?

21. penhobby

penhobby New Member

Yes, the movie Hancock

22. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Of course I know that! I mean, are you talking about the villain in the end in the hospital, or that last little tid-bit?

23. penhobby

penhobby New Member

I was trying to be careful in case someone hadn't seen...oh never mind. Yes in the hospital, when the bank robber is telling him that he's led a long life, but its time to let go. I don't understand who he is. Through the movie he was just some bank robber Hancock pissed off. Did I miss some key point of the movie?

Yipee, I figured out the spoiler! Thanks for the help guys.

24. Marloy

Marloy New Member

You should do something like this:

Anyway, I don't think you missed anything too important. If you saw that part where he took him down in the bank and cut his hand off, then saw the sequence with the robbers in jail with the other convicts Hancock foiled all plotting against him for revenge (with the hook), that should pretty much be who he is. Tell me if that sounds wrong!

25. penhobby

penhobby New Member

Um...How did you do that? And yes...sort of I think. I'm going to try to find the book. maybe I shouldn't have gone to the little girls room right before the hospital scene, but I had 32oz of Mountain Dew trying to go somewhere.