MRSA Staph Infection

Discussion in 'Research' started by No-Name Slob, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I've got an uncle-in-law who has some form of MRSA. He'd get it regular, and has been hospitalized because of it (that combined with a number of other problems).

Because he has it, now that entire section of my family has it. His wife, children, and grandchildren (including his newborn grandbaby). I know it's unlikely, but I can't even bring myself to eat their food or touch the baby for fear of getting it.

Fun fact - colloidial silver is a great treatment for it. It helps get rid of his infections quickly (he even claims he tests negative for MRSA in his blood, but we all know he's full of s***) and I don't think you build up a resistance to it like you do the drugs the doctors give you. You can get it in a liquid or a cream at most local drugstores or Walmart.

I know my dog had an open wound on his back (he had some sort of growth and he chewed it off) and we gave him some of it and it healed up REALLY quickly. This stuff isn't just for MRSA.

If you have MRSA, please give it a try. It won't be instant results, but apply it to any of your open wounds twice daily, and/or take it orally for a few weeks. It's worth the try at least.

I know for a fact you can get the cream at Walmart and places like Walgreens, but I've only seen the bottles with liquid (teh stuff you can take orally) at my local health store and online.

----

Use at your own risk!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Fun fact, colloidal silver turns you blue, literally.
    [​IMG]

Don't confuse the fact topical Silver sulfadiazine cream is a useful topical antibiotic with the bogus claim that colloidal silver does the same when ingested.

Of course your uncle-in-law tests negative for MRSA in the blood. If he didn't, he'd either be in the hospital or dead. I'm pretty sure traditional antibiotics cleared up his septicemia.

3. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I'm a supporter of Colloidial silver and I think if you have MRSA you should do your own research about it. It may or may not be able to help you. You have a VERY slim chance of turning yourself blue.

Anyways, do your own research and don't listen to random forum people when it comes to your health! :)

Goooood night everyone. I'm off to bed.

4. GingerCoffee

I'm not going to argue with you @Nicoel, but you are posting dangerous advice. And you don't know what you are talking about. But millions of people spend billions of dollars on dangerous, fraudulent dietary supplements and cures. Hopefully no one in this forum will take your advice.

Beyond that, oh well.

5. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Okay, fine. I don't mean to post "dangerous advice." Just telling what I've read and experienced personally which is all I'm capable of. It's true, I don't have a degree in the stuff.

6. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi Nicoel,

Don't want to pile on, but do want to add that the grey colour people who ingest too much silver go is permanent. And despite the claims it has little or no antibiotic effect. If you have a staph infection, go and see your doctor. Get some antibiotics.

Cheers, Greg.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  7. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Right, they injest too much and don't take the recommended amount. Should you mark benedryl off for people because they decide they really need to sleep and take 20 pills instead of doing what they're supposed to do? Of course not. They either didn't use their heads, or didn't care.

And my whole statement was for people to use common sense. Of course if you have a staph infection or any kind of infection go see a professional. That doesn't mean you can't try something else? If you're sick, YES, go to the doctor and get some cold medicine. But that doesn't mean you can't go take some vitamin C to help speed things along.

I'm honestly baffled how people took my suggestion and personal experience with the stuff as me ordering everyone to drink it and all their woes will go away.

Just use common sense people. If you're putting anything in your body, make sure it's the correct amount and that you're using it properly. Research it first.

8. GingerCoffee

The problem is there is no right dose of colloidal silver, not when one is ingesting it willy nilly that is.

Decisions should be based on risk/cost vs benefit. When alternative medicine has actual supporting scientific evidence, it is no longer alternative, it is evidence based medicine.

When someone tells you they tried X and it worked, that's just not evidence. People believe in all kinds of things, but when those things are actually tested, turns out that while the observation may have been real, the conclusion about cause and effect, was not.

The billion dollar supplement industry would like people to believe the medical establishment is conspiring against them, supposedly because un-patentable cures are not worth investing in. The billion dollar supplement industry claims Big Pharma's not interested in their unprofitable trade.:rolleyes:

What a lot of people don't realize, there are billions of research dollars that don't come from the pharmaceutical industry. What they also don't realize is just because something has an anti-bacterial property, that doesn't mean one can therefore just consume it. That's not how it works.

Two things about colloidal silver, one, it has antibacterial properties. We've known that since ancient times. And two, in the wrong place (in your body) or in the wrong amount, it's toxic.

With all antibiotics, both too much and too little are generally worse than none at all. Guessing at a dose is not how one figures out the right amount to take.

And there's another side to antibiotics, a whole slew of microorganisms that live in and on our bodies are important for maintaining health. Killing off the good bacteria leaves a vacuum for pathogens (bad bacteria) to move in.

There is some current research looking at adding silver compounds to antibiotics. You wouldn't take the stuff willy nilly, and you don't want it unless you are treating an infection, because killing off all those beneficial organisms makes no sense.

Silver Makes Antibiotics Thousands of Times More Effective
    Note the words, "to fight infection", not to keep infection at bay.
    Notice also that not all infections are with gram-negative pathogens. What a gram stain tells us is something about the bacterial cell wall. That means colloidal silver might be very useful, but only with gram-negative organisms, not the rest. One won't know without testing it.

Without the antibiotic, the dose needed to fight an infection is close to, if not greater than, the toxic dose. And if turning your skin permanently blue isn't scary enough, try killing heart muscle cells.
    Is Big Pharma perfect? Absolutely not. Is Western (modern) medicine perfect? Absolutely not.

But evidence based medicine has given us cures and prolonged life expectancy where nothing else has. If it looks like it works, we need to test it or we are guessing at best and foolishly superstitious at worst.