1. SpalshPlane

SpalshPlane New Member

My re-introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SpalshPlane, Jul 31, 2015.

Hello writing community,

My name is Eric, and once upon a time I had an account here. Apparently there's been an overhaul of the interface and my account seems to have been wiped (at least my profile picture, threads, comments, etc.). It's no matter, since I've only recently become seriously involved in writing again. My other projects never seemed to get off the ground, and I always lost interest in them. That is, until I decided to finally follow what I really wanted to do and start a fantasy novel. I always avoided it before, leaning more towards "literary" works and not wanting to get labeled as a genre writer. But while working on my current project I've discovered my drive has never been stronger and quite frankly I'm surprised at how developed my story has become.

Let's just say I have a good feeling about this one, and decided to join the community once more. I look forward to sharing ideas and learning with the rest of you.

Eric

2. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome (back) to the forum and good luck with your first fantasy novel. :superhello:

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome back! :)

And congratulations for finding something you're inspired to write and also for not forcing yourself into doing something just because it's, well, literary fiction. No shame in SF/F. ;)

If you want to take a look at what's (possibly) new and different here on WF, please check out our New Member Quick Start. See you around!

-Kat

4. Theogenes

Theogenes New Member

I hope your new project works out. My current project is fantasy. I've tried other genres and never seemed to get much past 6/7k words before bailing.