My Selfie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Medazza, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

6 weeks of editing on and off and another 10,000 words sacrificed, quite a few scenes deleted and getting towards the last lap.

Struggling now over titles. Can’t come up with one I’m happy with

2. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

Draft one finished with me at 122,000 but I’m convinced there is still filler to remove.

Started my second edit and have a title, a title I love too!

3. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

So...I finished.
    115,000 words.
    Now need to start looking up all this querying business

Carly Berg likes this.
  4. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

So a quick update....
    I spent a lot of time editing and polishing and then researching agents.
    I submitted in Sept 2019. Had a couple of form rejections and then a bite from an agent who said ‘bits he loved, bits he wasn’t sure about’. He rejected me but with lots of advice.
    He effectively was my first beta reader and his advice hit home. I withdrew the book and reworked it, resubmitting it 4 months later.
    He rejected again but was so encouraging. I have now submitted to most UK literary agents with an interest in SF and am waiting....

meanwhile I’ve written 20,000 words towards a sequel and have that planned in very rough terms and I’m 19,000 words into a completely different project.

5. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

So the new project is now at 50,000 words and going well. I’m going to go back for the start and edit/re structure before pressing on further.

Currently the first book (they aren’t connected) is still out with multiple agents and some who have full MS. So I’m still waiting!

marshipan and Kyle Phoenix like this.
  6. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Best of luck with the editing. It sounds like you are writing at quite an impressive pace. :)

Medazza likes this.
  7. Medazza

Medazza Active Member

Finished draft 1 at 95,000 words. Now doing the heavy lifting- some structural edits, writing in scenes or side things I need plus editing what’s already there.

Book 1 remains with agents- indeed several have the full MS. I’ve not heard from a few for a while so I’m wondering if that book won’t be my debut publication!