1. MartinM

MartinM Banned

My thingy is way too big...!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MartinM, Sep 23, 2022.

My thingy is way too big...!

@ADMIN

Quick question, I posted a meme from WhatsApp into my thread below. This I don’t normally do but the actual image is far larger than I intended. Is there a preview or edit I should be doing first ?

How many creatures believe in God? | Page 9 | Creative Writing Forums - Writing Help, Writing Workshops, & Writing Community

Any help would be appreciated,

MartinM.

Xoic likes this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

You can put Spoiler tags around it. In the Edit window highlight the image and go to the icon between the Insert Video one and the money bag one, it looks like a square page with some writing on it. From there select Spoiler. When it asks for a Spoiler Title you can put something like Big Image.

MartinM likes this.
  3. MartinM

MartinM Banned

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day…

So, a little digging and similar to @Xoic method, I discovered more interesting facts surrounding my oversized appendage. I first looked at my post through the [Edit] tab. Below is the code shown with a missing front '[' bracket. This is simply to show what is displayed without the platform thinking I want to link the image...

ATTACH=full]23486[/ATTACH]

Plus, my text…

BB Codes | Creative Writing Forums - Writing Help, Writing Workshops, & Writing Community

This page can be found from the start screen, Information [tab] then select [BB Codes]. Near the bottom of the page, you’ll find the ATTACH codes.

ATTACH]23486[/ATTACH] (this is the Thumbnail size image)

ATTACH=full]23486[/ATTACH] (this is the Full-size image)

Great, so with just a short snip of “=full”, I can reduce my image to thumbnail size.

Question for @ADMIN

Are there any in between sizes? Codes for LARGE MEDIUM & SMALL don’t work.

MartinM.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    Xoic likes this.
  4. Xoic

Both of your thingies are gigantic (thumbnail and full size are the same). I feel so dirty saying that!

EDIT—that's only true here. On your thread there are 3 thumbnails and they're thumbnail sized. But the way a thumbnail is supposed to work, if you click it you can see the full-sized image. Well hey, at least you were able to post a thumbnail that opens a nice medium-sized version! That works. Thanks for letting people know. I need to look into that.

MartinM likes this.
  5. MartinM

MartinM Banned

lol i needed to delete the front "[". Try now

Xoic likes this.
  6. Xoic

No, if you delete that it breaks the code. You need the square brackets at both ends. Now look what you've done, everything sounds dirty now!

MartinM likes this.
  7. MartinM

MartinM Banned

Yep, you are correct. However, the second post is showing my method and if I include the brackets it turns it into an image link. I should have added a note to it.

thanks fella

Xoic likes this.
  8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I've added spoilers for size... incidentally there isn't an account called 'admin' if you want staff attention its best to report the post

MartinM likes this.
  9. MartinM

MartinM Banned

@big soft moose

Yep, I like the spoiler addition, makes sense.

May I humbly suggest a generic link like @ADMIN be created. It just flags the staff. Using a report function sometimes maybe a bit OTT. You can tell from the dialogue of this thread items were edited. The question I asked wasn’t that important, but something that came up during the flow of discovery. That is all...

Just a thought

MartinM.

10. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

It can't be easily done i'm afraid... we do have an @Writingforumstaff which we use for announcements and stuff but tagging them doesn't alert any of the staff on their own accounts... the only ways to alert all staff are to either use the report function, or use the contact us

MartinM likes this.
  11. MartinM

MartinM Banned

@big soft moose

Completely understand, just a thought.

MartinM.