My WIP is coming along quite well; how is yours?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Alex R. Encomienda, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    IDK, it doesn't feel very ambitious. Having the first novel done at 127+K, and then trying to write the ending half is just harder. Mainly due to the fact that the ending needs to be really good. So I try to keep my writing skills up by working on multiple smaller scale stories to compensate for not working on the larger main one. :)
    That and I get a chance to escape both genre of the main, as well as explore working with 3rd POV. First POV can be quite tricky at times when having to write for three MCs. :p

Alex R. Encomienda likes this.
  2. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

My "work in progress" is finally finished, and the publication date is set for November. I am so done with it. Of course, I'm not really done, because now the promotion starts. So it will continue to dominate my life for a few months.

Attached Files:

Greenwood likes this.
  3. Alex R. Encomienda

Alex R. Encomienda Contributor Contributor

That's exactly how I feel with the climatic scene in my part II. I wrote the first draft but it doesn't seem to fit my standards (since I have high expectations for myself in writing). Well, some of it does. We writers must fight our inner critics. If you'd like, we can trade short writing pieces at a time to each other via email to edit/beta read.

Cave Troll likes this.
  4. MouseMonsanta

MouseMonsanta New Member

Funny thing about magic and chemistry, a lot of people seem to think science disproves magic, but science is magic. We just invented a bunch of fancy words to make it easier to harness.

After a long period of stagnation my project is now going phenomenally. I've been experiencing a breakthrough similar to one I've had with all of my past artistic pursuits, wherein once you completely abandon the idea of creating something that you think will be perceived as "good" it stops feeling a chore a becomes fun and easy, and by extension "good".

5. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

20k to go but I don't have an ending, so I'm procrastinating. I had an ending planned all along until last weekend, where I realised it's not quite right. I know what the next couple of chapters should consist of but then I'm in the dark. Three weeks to go until it needs to be finished...

6. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Explain.

7. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

WIP #1: On hiatus for the moment. I got halfway through and ran into a massive case of writer's block, so I decided to start something new with the intention of picking it up again someday.

WIP #2: I have the blurb/synopsis written, and just need to start on the first chapter!

8. Greenwood

Greenwood Active Member

About 25,000 words in, so about 1/4th of the complete 1st "Act". Real life has been my major party-pooper eversince I've gotten a "real" job though, and seeing the way things are progressing at the moment, I feel it will spoil the fun for quite some time ahead. We've got a saying here in Holland though; "What's in the barrel, won't go sour" which I take to heart:)

9. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

Clarke's Law: "Any sufficiently developed technology is indistinguishable from magic."

LaTorre's Corollary to Clarke's Law: "Any sufficiently developed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

10. Alex R. Encomienda

Alex R. Encomienda Contributor Contributor

Just an update:

This part III of mine is somewhat all over the place. I have some very complex storytelling in it that has nothing to do with the previous two parts but I hope it will read well when I go through the whole thing altogether. Sigh... And I have so much notes written down in my very big brown binder on top of what I already have. There's gonna be a lot of editing to do on my second draft.