1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems

Mystik School for Disturbed Teen Sorcerers

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Aug 18, 2012.

Mystik School for Disturbed Teen Sorcerers

Mystik is a boarding school for troubled teen sorcerers of any race (human, faerie, werebeast, etc.). The school is called Mystik School of Sorcery and its located on Island X, a piece of land that hovers in Limbo, a dimension of endless red sky. Sorcerers (a blanket term for witches, warlocks, druids, etc.) are individuals who are gifted in the black arts. Parents who's children are "disturbed" send their children to Mystik, where the teachers are not just masters of sorcery, but also proffessional therapists. While taking their courses in magic the students' behaviour is also being observed by their teachers to better diagnose them. They also have weekly sessions with the school therapist, as well as nature walks in the scraggly wooded hills that surround the school. The teen sorcerers are all grouped into one grade level, despite their age, and boarded in separate girls' and boys' dorms. And for the hopeless cases (the hopelessly deranged youths), they are Disempowered--stripped of their magick--in a secret ritual by the staff and the headmaster. This RPG will follow our characters experiences at the school starting on their first day and their personal problems, as well as how they fare in the school setting. Students cannot leave the school until they are cured of their mental illness or condemned and Disempowered. There are occasional magic duels between students, and students who plot to overthrow the school, but most rebelions are disorganised and easily squashed by the powerful, intelligent headmaster.

Character Template:

NAME,

SPECIES,

GENDER,

AGE,

BACKGROUND (character's problems, etc.),

PERSONALITY

Rules: The story's in First Person and there's no godplaying and no hi-jacking characters, you cannot write dialogue or actions for another character. Also, magic drains energy from the caster. If the sorcerer attempts a spell that excedes the power of his body, then he/she will be consumed by fire and die. For example, if a human sorcerer tries to lift a boulder with magic than they will almost certainly spontaneously combust. But sorcerers can draw power from the elements (sunlight, a moving stream, the wind, etc.) to store in their body til the chose to expend it. This way they can accomplish bigger feets of magic and not tire as quickly. The exception are faeries who are creatures of magic and can cast impressive magicks, but even they have limits and will become exhausted in time. Werebeasts (werewolves, werecats, etc.) rarely have magic, but those who do can only use it instinctually, and only when they need it or the moment is right. For this reason they are considered weak, but when they do you magick it rivels that of even the faeries. But mostly they rely on the fighting prowess of their beast forms, teeth and claw, rather than magic. This story will begin on the first day of school when the students all arrive on Island X through portals from earth and are greeted by the headmistrress and promptly given their rooms and class schedule. Lets go!

1 person likes this.
  2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Headmistress Needfyre stood before the stone arch at the edge of Island X. In moments the new students would be stepping through the arch from the earth dimension. Needfyre anticipated the ordeals this school year would bring--and the possible triumphs. If Needfyre could turn out one cured student, if she could help just one troubled teen, then she was satisfied. As for the ones she had no choice but to Disempower...well, that was unfortunate, but neccessary. The ritual was not at all pleasant, and a few students had even died during the process. Having your magic wrenched from your being was a gruesome fate. But they couldn't afford to have unfit sorcerers free on earth; magic came with responsibility, and a wreckless sorcerer was a dangerous thing. Needfyre conjured a Double of herself to critique her carefully planned outfit, a white gown and a sprig of holly woven through her hair. Then she banished it hastily when she heard the ripple of a wormhole opening.

"Welcome..." she announced as her students arrived.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Name: Wyndii (Pronounced "Windy")

Species: Unknown -appears to be human but was raised by a ghost

Background: No one knows her past besides herself -and then she can even remember her first breath. She was taken in by a ghost named "Johanna", a human that had died trying to save her husband's life in a magical incident that is not discussed. Though she had to do everything for herself, Wyndii did the best with what she had. Sadly, she was abused and teased for her differences in school, thus her discovery of her magic powers. In an outburst of anger -for she had kept it bottled up until that moment- she had made the other students in the hallway simply vanish in a burst of light. Fragments of crystal were seen growing out of the walls and lockers soon after -an aftereffect of that uncontrolled burst of magic from her.

Personality: A very shy, quiet person. She tries to avoid everyone around her at all times unless it is unavoidable. In her guilt of (as she believes it) taking so many lives, she thinks that she has no purpose to her life and that she should just die -but Johanna told her of the school for troubled (for she dared not say disturbed) children to learn how to control their magic powers. Wyndii only went because of the "debt" she owed the ghost for raising her.

I blinked, looking up with wide eyes at the walls surrounding me. It looks like home . . .
    Shaking my head quickly to avoid bringing the memories up to the forefront of my thoughts, I looked warily at the woman standing a few meters in front of me.
    Swallowing nervously, I made a small bow in her direction; trying to hide the small spark of bluish-colored light that escaped form my fingertips for an instant, "Um . . .Hello."

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Needfyre

Needfyre looked over the inverted girl that had come through the wormhole. It was a rather tame arrival, for which Needfyre was grateful, she had witnessed some wild arrivals in her years. Some students who were forced to come here usually burst through in a angry frenzy while others exuded a icy menacing aura in defense. Without conscious thought, Needfyre began making a list of things they woudl have to work on: her posture, her appearance, her confidence, and her--

"Blue sparks", Needfyre said aloud. "Your fingers, do they do that often? Thats fine child, when I was your age everytime I got emotional black slime would ooze from the walls. You'll get proper discipline here, don't worry." The headmistress winked at the girl to reassure her. Then she looked back up at the wormhole in anticipation of more arrivals.

6. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Woah, hell of place!" I boomed out as I stepped out of the portal. The cigarette in my mouth nearly fell out looking at the some of the other students. I didn't attempt to hide my magical aurora it's good to intimdate the weaker folk let them knows who's boss. I was currently wearing my old leather jacket, blue jeans and converse sneakers. I wouldn't call myself handsome but in no way ugly. My face is caught between slender and round. I'm of average height for a person my age. I suppose the strangest bit about me are my eyes they are almost red in color, it is beyond on me how they got that way. I turned my attention to who I assumed was running this zoo. She was pretty in her own way and the girl she was speaking to looked like she was gonna faint before getting her words out.

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Needfyre

"Sir", Needfyre said to the new arrival. "I would advice you to put out your cigarette." She raised a perfectly arched brow, and snapped her fingers. Christopher's cig flew out of his hand and sailed higher, higher, higher--and over the edge of the island into the bright vermillion emptiness that was Limbo, the endless void. The cig would fall forever.

"If you have any more of those filthy things, I'd encourage you to get rid of them now." She folded her arms and waited. Needfyre coudl see this wa a wreckless one, he would need to see Nedfyre's hard side. As she waited her eyes flickered around the edges with flames, so did her nostrils and her ears. "I'm waiting...", she said, and flickering flames could be seen in her mouth as well. It was a terrifying image.

8. Keitsumah

I looked up at the boy who had just come through the rift warilly, feeling an aura of unrestrained power and arrogance flowing from him. When Needfyre spoke, I felt a wave of controlled exasperation and anger coming from her. My ears -slightly pointed- turned just a bit to catch more sounds, and my silvery-blue eyes shimmered as i stifled my magical ability, stopping my fingertips from glowing.

I can't let them know what i am. I thought, brushing my long, brown hair over my ears to conceal them. A faint image hovered behind me, and i hastilly blew it apart by fanning my hands, shivering as my skin came in contact with it.

"Go away!" i hissed, but it was useless. The image came back like a pale after-image of myself, watching me with glazed eyes. Sighing, I tried to position myself so that the ghost image of myself was behind me, but half of her body simply overlapped mine and i ended up with one bright blue eye and one grey eye with a pale haze cloaking the right half of me.

Blue sparks flew from my hands and i stuffed them into my pockets, struggling to stop the sudden growth of a few shimmering crystals that had sprouted around me by stepping on them. My ears drooped in defeat -there was no way that i was going to avoid being the weird one here; even if it was a school for disturbed sorcerers.

And will you stop that! i mentally yelled at my after-image, who was silently giggling.

Yeah, it might be best for me to find the nearest closet and hide, i thought.

And then my power decided to leak out and reveal a fraction of the power I had hidden within me; easilly rivaling the massive strength exuding from the other boy even thought i had tried my hardest to conceal it.

Crap crap crap! I thought, immediatly ducking my head but not bothering to hide. What good would it do now?

I clenched my teeth as more glowing blue crystals burst up from the floor around me, their shining edges a pale blue whereas the centers were a glowing white, a silent promise that my true power was much more dangerous.

9. Kingtype

"You know the elderly always tend to cramp my style, except for Betty of course." I said to Needfyre as I tossed her the rest of my carton of cigarettes. Normally I probably would have challenged her to a fight or just told her to piss off. But I'm not that stupid I know she could crush me with a stray spell let alone actually focusing on me. "Hey Miss excuse me but it looks like your new student there is about to implode." I said pointing at the strange girl who held her head down. She seemed to be having trouble concealing any of her magical power. Strangely enough I've never seen that kind of energy before, she is by far one weird chick.

10. Keitsumah

"Hey Miss excuse me but it looks like your new student there is about to implode." the boy said, pointing at me.

I shrank back, making myself appear even smaller than before, but the ghost image of myself simply overlapped further, and soon both of my eyes were glowing neon blue as my hair started to turn into shimmering silver strands. The crystals glowed brighter than ever, and as i tried to back away one shot up out of the floor, so large that my back bumped into it, causing me to whirl around with a startled squeak.

Strangely, all its edges were razor sharp and yet i had not been cut by it. I quickly pushed that thought out of my mind though. I needed to get control of my power before it happened again.

I shuddered as i remembered when i had taken the lives of so many students in that hallway, their eyes and bodies glowing as they simply dematerialized into blue sparks before my startled stare. I couldn't let that happen again. I couldn't.

I yelped again as another large crystal sprouted out of the floor with a loud crack, and my eyes widened in terror as i glimpsed bolts of electricity running across the gem's surface. More and more sprang up, surrounding me, imprisoning me.

"No no no no no..." i whimpered, crouching as the crystals converged, glowing, flickering.

They were alive. I clamped my hands over my head as i felt the Earth's energy shooting through me, faster than i could comprehend. A massive pulse shot from my feet into the floor, and a ring of blue light spread quickly outward like a shock wave, dissapearing into the walls as if it had never been.

"Too much.. too much..." I muttered. Too much energy. This was only the second time in my life i had ever released any of my magic -the energy stored up so much that like I was like a pot overflowing when I reached my limit of control. Too much...

11. Kingtype

"Um hey calm down." I said rather seriously, to the strange girl. I began gathering my energy to attack her. I didn't want to hurt but it seemed like she was about to realese whatever kinda power she was hiding and it seemed destructive based on what I feel. So it was either kill or be killed. I had never seen this kind of magic before, crystals are fucking popping up out of the ground. "Stop now!" I shouted as white energy began gathering around my hand. I wasn't about to die, atleast not yet. I blasted my gathered magic at the ground. The ice moved like a snake towards the girls legs before engulfing them in frost. I frowned "Look chill out" I smirked at my bad pun. I began gathering the rest of my power in case she responded. "Now please stop." I said grimly.

12. Keitsumah

"Eeeek!" I shreiked when the boy shot ice at me, but in the instant that my feet were engulfed the ice vanished in a burst of blue sparks and the crystals all glowed brighter, electricity crawling over them.

"Don't shoot magic at me it'll only make it worse!" i yelped, grabbing one of the crystals to steady myself. "I . . . i'm not . . ." I couldn't say it, then they would realize what i was, "Just d-don't hit me with any spells its bad enough with so many sorcerers in one place! They won't work on me!"

I was shocked at how many words i was saying but considering the fact that i had literally cornered myself i found out i had no choice but to at least warn the guy. Finally getting a grasp on the energy shooting through my body i felt my hand turn into a sharp object; a lance made of crystal.

Driving it into the floor i gasped in releif when it struck dirt; immediatly draining me of my power as the energy went back into the earth. The crystals faded, and the knapsack i had tied to my shoulder glowed faintly then stopped. Panting, i looked up nervously at the others who were staring at me.

Not bothering to speak i simply sat down, hugging my knees as i leaned back against a pillar. My hand turned back into its original form, all trace of the crystals gone now.

"Why did i ever let Johanna talk me into this?" I whimpered.

13. Kingtype

"Should we really let a looney bin patient come to this school." I said aloud. I was being serious she was clearly unstable. "So who did you kill come here?" I asked her as I let the energy I had gathered fade away.

14. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Name: Dean White
    Species: Human (African American)

Background: Dean White was born with white hair which is unexplained due to how his parents have brown hair and the other has black. When Dean was 10 he got intrested in the supernatural. His best friend Christina had a book on Black Magic. He borrowed the book once and stayed up reading it for hours. He practiced his dark magic for years. At the age of 13 he started to hear voices talking to him and they would cause him to have outbursts, they started to slowly chew away his sanity. He would be sent to therapists and would send them to mental hospitals for days, due to his outbursts. He practiced the magic more and more and every time Christina asked him for it, he would pretend like he had no idea what she was talking about. By 14 he was able to create tiny black holes for short periods of time, able to turn into clouds of darkness for short periods of time, use gravity to push and pull things. He was also able to use the impact from his magic to crush things such as cars with ease. His parents would eventually learn about this school called Mystik where he would soon be sent.

Personality: Nice, Confident, Sarcastic, Loving .... During Outbursts: Rude, Violent, Vulgar, Much Profanity Used, Angry

Present Day: Another portal opens up in the room and an carmel skinned african american boy with white hair and a book shoulder strap, fitted to go around his body, flies into the room and lands on his face. "I never really liked the ideas of being in a portal." I stood up,brushed the dirt off of my black cotton track jacket that has red and white collars and black jeans, I looked around the room. While looking around I say, "Hello."

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Needfyre

Needfyre looked at the white-haired black boy that had just stepped out of the portal. There was nothing obviously wrong with him, but that didn't mean anything. He could be worse than th eother two combined. Only time, and silent observation, would tell.

"Greetings, I am headmistress Needfyre", Needfyre told him. "A second, please." Now she turned to the rude smoker guy who'd just blasted another student with a magic attack. "Do that again and I will be forced to put you in Detention, and Detention here is much different than at a normal school. Consider yourself warned, young one." now Needfyre turned to the girl who was having some kind of sorcerous fit. And was there an--ghost? Feri? demon?--following her around? Needfyre decided to deal with that later. For now she made a wide gesture with her hands and the ground beneath them outlined with a glowing emerald pentagram with jagged runes along the outside. Needfyre and Wyndii were inside the pentacle.

"Take my hands", Needfyre said. Without waiting, the headmistress took Wyndii's small hands in her's. Under her breath Needfyre began to murmur and an alien green light surrounded them. The light slowly lightened to the green of new leaves and then it faded completely. A sense of peace now filled the air, and the smell of freshly mown grass, wildflowers and that special, crisp after-it-just-rained smell. "Feel better?", Needfyre asked Wyndii. "For now, I think its best we all just head up to the school. Follow me."

Needfyre wheeled around, her flowy white gown billowing around her, and headed up the island toward the towering manse--a crossbreed between a house and a mansion--that was Mystik School. "Don't stray from me", Needfyre said. "This place has ancient wards that I put down myself. You might step on one and turn into a pool of slime..."

16. Keitsumah

"Take my hands" Needfyre said and i looked up sharply, but before i could react she had grabbed my hands and cast a spell. Calmness settled like a drug on my senses and I stumbled this first few steps before i was able to walk correctly again. At least my body was calm, but my mind very much wasn't.

Thank god that she has wards over her body! Oh dear if she had touched me without them... I thought frantically, rubbing my hands on my shirt. Avoiding the other student's gazes i followed after the headmistress.

Well, so long as no one touches me they'll be safe...

17. TheLeonard112

I am strongly confused as to what is going in as there is a puddle of water on the floor and why I am stuck in a room with some guy as the cute girl and old lady walk out the class. "I have only been here for a few seconds and I have already fell on my face, got stuck in a room with someone I don't know, can smell smoke, and it looks like someone pissed themselves. Great start.", I said aloud. I can feel the streak of a strange aura coming from the direction the cute girl went, and the smell of smoke and a cloud of aura coming from this guy over here.

18. Kingtype

"You put wizards and witches in detention? Doesn't that strike you as a little silly chief." I asked as I started walking. My eyes tracing through the area attempting to see a weakness in the wards. "You know you should probably be thanking me I was probably the only williing to put down little miss destruction if she went ape-hit."

19. highwaymanlee

highwaymanlee Active Member

Name: Frank Jones
    Species: Werewolf
    Height:5'9
    Description: brown hair, brown eyes and a dark red beard. a scar runs from his left temple to his right jaw line
    Background: Left abandoned by his parents in the the woods when he was five. he was found and raised by an old man named Joel. he tough Frank how to control himself when he turns. living in deep isolation caused him to be wary of strangers and will respond violent if he even thinks hes being threatened. but he hides his wariness behind smiles and faked friendliness

20. highwaymanlee

Stepping through the portal and looking around seeing no one he yells " Hey am i late for the party?"

21. Keitsumah

"Hey am i late for the party?" I heard a voice yell, and my ears turned to catch the sound of someone moving around in the room behind us. Turning and quickly running back despite my anxiety at getting more attention, i opened the door and spotted another boy.

"We're in here." I said, quietly rejoicing that i didn't stutter. Waving him in my direction, i went back to the others; careful to keep a distance in case one of them might brush against me in fear that if they touched me they would end up unconcious or worse. Before i came next to Needfyre i noticed that the boy with startlingly white hair was watching me with rapt attention and averted my gaze, my face beginning to burn. What did he want with me?

"Oh." i said as i remembered something. Reaching into my knapsack i took out a letter that Johanna had written for Needfyre. I didn't know the contents, but I passed it to the Headmistress, unknowingly giving her a big clue to what i was:

Dear Ms. Needfyre;

I know you are a busy woman and have a lot of trouble thrust upon your life with all of the students at Mystik needing special attention, but i would like you to take Wyndii into special account on the fact that she is different than what i think you may have handled before. She is a very kind girl with good intentions, but i must warn you against keeping her in rooms with large ammounts of magic-users for long periods of time. As far as i have come to learn, her magic isn't entirely what it seems. She may seem to create crystals when she is overly charged by magic -but i think they help her focus the energies so that they won't become explosive when she uses them on the off chance that i have seen her use her abilities. I also warn you against getting into contact with her physically or magically, because whenever someone tries to do such they end up... incopacitated unless they try to hit her with a blast of magic -which as far as I know is simply absorbed.

Also, as a side note, I would preffer if you keep her in her own room that can be locked from the outside when needed. Sometimes... things happen at night that I'd doubt anyone in the room with her would survive.

I hope this helps you with her treatment,
    - Johanna FoxWord

22. highwaymanlee

following the girl into the other room. looking around the new room and thinking to my self that theres to many people, i hate people. putting on one of my best smiles, for the girl who told me where to go, and introduced my self "Hey names Frank"

23. Keitsumah

"I'm Wyndii." I replied quietly, tugging at the sleeves of my turtle-neck shirt with one hand then the other before stuffing them in my pockets. I immediately recognized the trademark aura of a werewolf coming from Frank, and avoided meeting his gaze directly -both out of habit and the fact that I sensed that he was an Alpha type who would get very aggravated if viewed as anything other than the "top dog". It was bad enough ending up as the center of attention so often now -so i just hoped that i could avoid any unnecessary confrontations.

A draft of air against my pointed ear-tips warned me that they were showing, and i quickly lowered them, biting my lower lip. Couldn't i succeed at just one way to avoid attention? My shoulders slumped slightly as i figured against it. Maybe it would be better if i got over my shyness anyways.

I glanced to one side of the path we were walking on and my body tensed as i noticed small puddles across the lawn, one of them near me. Ducking my head, I tried to avoid stepping too near but with Frank in the way i couldn't go to the other side of the path, and my shadow passed over the puddle with little more than a whisper of thought -an action hardly seeming of any importance, but then when my reflection should have shown up it didn't.

I prayed no one noticed i had had no reflection -for only Frank's passing form had been seen in the clear waters.

24. Kingtype

I thougt I had noticed something strange once again coming from Wyndii. I stared at her for a solid moment before dissming what I saw as just my eyes playing tricks on me. I kept moving forward. I have some odd people look out for the weird girl, the white haired kid and lets not forget Frankie boy.

25. TheLeonard112

I look around the room and see all these fun looking people. I stand up going to shake everyone's hand by going in between them and raising my hand. "Hello, I am Dean White. I control black holes and dark matter. I am very quaint with what my powers are, don't really care if you know. Just don't ever touch this book! And by the way I would try to make as many friends as possible. But I need to know all names because I'm kinda lost. I was second to last to get here and everyone seems to be acquainted but I."