Name selections. What's good and what's not?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Milamber, Oct 24, 2007.

1. missupernatural

missupernatural New Member

Angel/Demon names are great, but if you're setting it in the present day, try altering their names to sound more modern.

I have a character named Shay, who I altered down from the Hebrew name "Shael".

2. Edward

Edward Active Member

I do enjoy angelic names, and use them for all my villains. To make up one, really just take a hebrew word and add -el to the end. like Azrael, "helper of God", or Raphael, "healer of God". Of course, I'm not actually sure if that's right, but wiki says those are the definitions, and I know -el tacked on to things is "of god" or some other similar thing.

Then again, for demons there's such disparate things as Asmodeus and Be'elzebub, but most are only demons because they were other Gods from different religions that were vilified and made demons by the church, unlike the "canon" Christian demons, which where fallen angels. But then again, none of what I just said matters unless you're as anal as I am.

that's good advice:
    Cassie from Cassiel
    Raz from Raziel
    Raph from Raphael
    Azra from Azrael
    Uri from Uriel

Also, I'm sure some symbolism could be drawn from taking the El out of angels...