NaturOil Tower Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

He had his suspicions :) I have no clue what to do from here tho...just wait for phase two to start i guess...

Fantastic Mr. Fox? What should i do?!

2. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Ok my next post is up! Please read that post before looking at this next bit of information :)

Pheonix I suggest since the phones are down, you try to find a way to contact the outside world. Or if you are interested in vengance you can try and follow the highly skilled military troops travelling up! Or you can prehaps try to save any guests down below! These are a few suggestions, I dont want to pigeon hole anyone, but at the same time I feel it is necessary to have an objective in mind.

1. I think trying to contact the outside world would be a good start, to try and get the police involved etc. At the moment many of the services are not sure, and rescue teams will want to know whats going on before barging in.

2. Those of you now finding yourself in the rubble, please dont panic - its not a massive fall though it should shake your character up. Whether your character has injuries or damage is up to you but generally it should be just bruises and small cuts. You are one of the lucky ones!

3. First aid might also be an objective to consider.

4. Rounding up the survivors and planning what you are going to do next is always an idea. There's even rumour of a chopper on the rooftop...

5. Finally, you can try and find out what Lance and The Five are up to. Though that doesnt fully matter, considering you are just trying to survive!

Any questions or queries, please dont hesitate to ask. I want to make sure this RPG is understandable and clear.

Fox

3. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

Okay, I need to pick your collective brains here. McDaniels is getting up there in years, so I'm really not sure how he could have survived this. Any thoughts?

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I might be wrong, but the pit was in the middle of the room, right? Pheonix and I imagined our characters being off to the side of the room, near a sidedoor. Could McDaniels have been fairly close to the edge that caved in, but he stepped back just in time? (What if he was helping someone during that, and they fell in instead! That would be really horrible, but character development perhaps?)

You could always have had him still in the Kitchen or he could have survived but his arm/leg is broken. That could really weaken your character though.

Maybe just thinking of where in the room he could have been could bring you some ideas. :)

5. Fan7asticMrFox

Mid 50s isnt that old surely! There are plenty of healthy and active people 50 and above, so I personally think he would be alright :) If not you could have him land on someone else perhaps, they could break your fall - but I think Jess had the better ideas to be honest.

6. Fan7asticMrFox

If any of you are having problems with thinking ideas to post please let me know. I'm a little worried I have led this away from where the players want it to be.

What I would suggest to you guys if you are unsure of what to do, is to set your objective to find a landline phone in the offices upstairs to see if they work - that way you can contact the outside.

7. Warde

Warde Member

I'm really sorry guys, I have a big exam on Saturday and am absolutely swamped. I'm not going to be able to post until Saturday evening or Sunday morning depending on how soon I can get my brain to start working again...

Just assume that Jo goes along with y'all's plans as being together seems like a better plan than soloing it for now. She knows some first aid but it's not a ton, just what she's taught herself so she doesn't end up bleeding to death from an unexpected injury while hiking. She'll happily wrap up any cuts folks have (and has the kitchen's first aid kit with her) but it won't be a long term solution for anything major.

8. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Good to know Warde. Thanks for the heads up! Good luck on your exam.

9. Fan7asticMrFox

Yea ditto with what Kademee said, best of luck!

10. Kademee

Kademee New Member

You know that feeling..... when everything is just so.... silent?
    Are we waiting for something, Fox?

11. Fan7asticMrFox

No I dont think so - I think there are a few players still needing to react to the fall in, but it is the weekend and the forums go pretty quiet (especially with a bank holiday!).

You can group up or stay on your own but the priority is either first aid or one of the landline phones in the offices above the 42nd floor.

12. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Oh okie dokie. Good to know.