1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Nav Problems

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cogito, Jan 9, 2008.

Recently, on at least three different threads, I have clicked on the Go to last post icon, but was taken to the second to last page instead, and was unable to navigate to the actual last page. It seems only to happen when that is the only post on the last page, and possibly only when there was a double posting at some point on the second to last page.

I'm wondering if this is a known bug in this version of vBulletin.

2. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

I've had similar problems, but I've been able to access the last page. I often find myself clicking for the last page and being redirected to the first page. It just makes no sense.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

With me its just so slow to switch from threads

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I don't know about that, Cog, but whenever I try to post a link it says error but has still posted, and the type bar at the bottom of threads takes ages to load if it ever does.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

That's always happened to me, Cog. I just assumed that it took me to the newest unread post, rather than the newest post.

6. Cogito

I'm referring to a case where the last post is the only unread post for me on the thread. When I reach the second to last page, I try clicking on the link for the next page, and it redisplays the same (2nd to last) page I'm on. I can only see the final post by posting another new post to the thread after it.

This has happened in at least three threads in the past couple of days.

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

That happens to me alot here and at writingforums.com. However I can always get to the last page by clicking the page number.

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Is this the button you see we actually viewing the thread, or viewing all threads in the forum?

9. Cogito

The icon I am referring to is the one in the thread view or in the forum index, to the right of the name of the member who posted that last post and the xx Minutes ago note.

But after that, in the next to last page in the posts view, neither the page number of the next page, nor the next page link, will take me to the actual last page.

It does not happen every time there is a last page containing exactly one post (i.e. where the number of followups is a multiple of 10), but I have never seen it happen when that is NOT the case.