1. CottonCandi

CottonCandi Active Member

Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'Research' started by CottonCandi, Jun 26, 2011.

Has anyone ever had one? I am looking on some insight for a story I have in mind. Thank You.

2. wolfi

wolfi New Member

I have what about them?

3. CottonCandi

An experience with near death. Where you or someone you know died and went out of their/your body then back to life again.

4. wolfi

wolfi New Member

Okay, when I was eight I busted my head pretty bad and I mean BAD
    I passed form blood loss and according to on lookers I was dead
    Now doctors are not 100% sure, as they where not there
    Anyways I remember feeling light, not light headed but light like I was floating away and then I remember a feeling of ... i cant even describe it
    But I do remember talking to someone or something
    not much detials really but then again I was "dead" or at least in another place then my body it seemed what do you exspect?

5. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Google "near death experiences" and you'll get a plethora of links. Read a bunch, and I'm sure you'll get the insight you need.

6. CottonCandi

But I wanted to interview a real person that had one.

7. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

Well I'm sure googling about real people's experiences is the same exact thing as interviewing someone on the forum. You can never tell what is real and what is not through the internet. I suggest interviewing someone around you. someone you can talk to face to face.

8. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

The one advantage to interviewing would be the answer to specific questions rather then trying to find the answer in the descriptions of events. Less work and he would be more sure the answer is correct, rather then thinking he knows what the person wrote about.

I would recomend reading a few, I believe everyone's description will be different, major or minor changes. The event could all be exactly the same just the description of how the author experienced it, or described it would be different. Reading several might make it easier to get a good description.

9. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

i woke up in an ambulance after a motorbike crash.
    I have also had numerous epic motorsport crashes back when I used to rally. No out of body experiences though. Happy to share my experiences but I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for.

10. benfromcanada

benfromcanada New Member

Skeptic Magazine had a feature on them last year (or maybe the year before). It has a good deal of research and some excellent sources.

I would link a video by an Internet friend of mine about his near death experience, but I guess that's verboten. So, I'll just say look up YouTube user "philhellenes" and look for his video about his near death experience. He gives an atheistic viewpoint on the phenomenon from a first hand experience (he hit his head while in a pool and very nearly drowned to death)

11. [ESCAPE]

[ESCAPE] New Member

Nope, sorry, never had a near-death experience.