1. Clawing insanity

Clawing insanity New Member

Necromancer character duo brainstorm

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Clawing insanity, Aug 3, 2011.

I have been thinking of how to make a unique character, in the way he acts and interacts with the world and circumstances around him.
    So here is my brainstorm idea
    Necromancer- male
    Age- 24
    Origin- Born of a neonecromancer cult in which after a birth of a child occurs they sacrifice a specific element of the human body. The sacrifice gives the necromancer not only immortality but is also given an affinity for the sacrificed element. Which in this case is blood. Because of his affinity for blood he able able to take advantages of spells and rituals which require blood for casting. However as he ages he starts to slowly, and subtly, lose his mind through his life.
    Nymph humanoid (maybe vampire or too cleche)- Age-?
    Origin- A type of blood countess, meaning she needs a large amount of blood accessible to her in order to leave her dominion (maybe a castle in which people are givin to here to sustain her?) She then meets him and is able to travel the world without fear of starvation and etc

So my question is, is this a unique character plot or too cleche opinions would be helpful.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's nothing at all except a starting point.

Don't worry about uniqueness. What matters is how you develop and voice your character, and how you advance the plots he is in.

3. Clawing insanity

Clawing insanity New Member

So is this a starting point with good potential or will it limit me to how I can write the plot?

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Meaningless question.

The potential is in you, not in the character sketch. So are the limits you place upon yourself.

5. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

There's no need to worry about originality of characters. All characters start out with equal potential, even the most dull and unoriginal character can end up having a touching story.

Put them in a situation and see how they react. There's no real restriction you put on the plots you can create.