1. Roxford

Roxford New Member

Need help with ideas

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Roxford, Oct 30, 2018.

hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with my story?
    Imagine that you’re having a stay in home party with your fellow friends (three women around 40s) you have a shrink ray and decide to have some fun and shrink the ladies for this evening.
    What would you do with them (you’re the one who is remaining in normal height, your friends are shrunken to barbie size)?
    Kind thanks

2. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Wow. Need more info. Is it Sci-Fi, Comedy, Horror etc.
    For some reason I started thinking about this old tv show..."Land Of The Giants"

[link redacted]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2018
    CerebralEcstasy and Alan Aspie like this.
  3. CerebralEcstasy

CerebralEcstasy Active Member

Currently Reading::
    The 5AM Club, Robin Sharma
    Well minus the shrink ray, I have had a few stay at home parties with friends of this age group and we watched Moulin Rouge, ate curry that the one friend had cooked, got ready to go out, after having been out to buy... good lord I cannot believe I'm going to admit this, but the friend bought a pair of leather shorts. Because she was so tiny (5'0) they looked like a skort on her. One of my friends was Indian, the other Russian. The Russian had an interest in interior decorating, but her view on the usage of colour was wayyyyyyy over the top. We're talking an entirely purple living room, with books from all periods of literature, do dad's up the ying yang. From the purple couch you could see the LIME GREEN kitchen..and down the stairs it was either yellow or some other colour which I cannot recall now. It was actually quite spectacular. I'm the type of person who likes to take in my surroundings, looking at stuff and her place was a feast for the eyes. I'm sure others may not have liked it, but it was just as unique as she was. I'd have needed a good 20 years to read all the books in her collection, and get this, she had read them ALL. I actually miss these friendships dreadfully. The Russian moved to Israel to be with her sister and the Indian although closer now than ever is swamped with work and running her own business. It's been quite a while since I let my hair down. It's greying now, but I sure miss these women.

4. Roxford

Roxford New Member

Hi
    Thanks for answering my questions, more people are invited to answering as well.
    I was thinking it could be a purely entertaining story about 4 friends one of them stay normal height the other 3 are shrunken to barbie doll size, any ideas how you as a normal size women can spend evening with her shrunken friends?

5. EBohio

EBohio Banned

Well, if it is a comedy they are going to be pissed if she shrunk them, aren't they? What if she can't get them back to regular size?

6. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  7. Alexander Arthur Tennysom

Alexander Arthur Tennysom New Member

I mean,it depends on how much of a unpleasant person your character is but the most interesting thing would very probably be leaving them in a flower patch and see them interact with the bugs. That is of course if the shrink ray can shrink to that degree.

8. EBohio

EBohio Banned

I'm sticking with the friends being mad she shrunk them and then when they demand she turn them back to regular size something goes wrong with the machine and she can't do it. Then it becomes like "The Fly" or "The Incredible Shrinking Man" and all the challenges of being small in this world. For instance a normal size spider now looks like a gigantic tarantula trying to eat them, etc.

Oh, just thought of a movie, "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids", but I never watched it.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

Have you watched "Downsizing"? :superagree:

10. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

That depends :p Is your MC for example shy? A player? A workaholic? A criminal? Give us more info.

11. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Well, I'm certainly that demographic! Probably hid them in my clothes/purse and sneak them into something or some place that would normally be way too expensive for us to all go together.

12. Markus12

Markus12 New Member

I think at first it is better to say how do you see developing of this plot:). What this story is about? What sense of this story do you try to show us? Write more details and your own thoughts about it.

13. Markus12

Markus12 New Member

Yes watched