Tags:
  1. gold

gold New Member

Need ideas for a world in the future

Discussion in 'Research' started by gold, Jun 12, 2021.

Hi guys I need some help. Can you please write few ideas about a world in the year 2500-3000?
    Anything is welcome.

2. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

In the year 2525...

Edit: in all seriousness, what are you looking for? Plot? Setting? Transhumanist information?

3. gold

gold New Member

just how do you think the world will be in that year. I am writing a description only.

4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Well if @Bruce Johnson gives you his ideas of how the world will be, then you're not really the one writing the description, he is. Would he get credit for it in the book?

It seems odd to me that a person could want to write a story about something they don't have any ideas about. Usually you want to write a book about something because you have very strong ideas, or are at least deeply interested, enough to do a lot of research and form some opinions yourself.

5. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

No, sorry, but speaking as one of the moderators, that is not how this forum works. We do not write things for you, flesh out plots, or do your research for you. And we do not offer broad structures of a story if you have no ideas of your own. Please check out this question here, also posted by a new member, which demonstrates how the community can help you round a general idea into something more specific.

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/is-this-good-enough-for-a-romance-plot.170212/#post-1923978

You will need to have some basic idea of what you'd like your story to be about before we can be of any help to you. Asking us to create a world for you won't help you or us to become better writers, which is the only reason any of us are here in the first place.

6. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I'd do research on futurology, even Ray Kurzweil, although I don't know if his projections for 2500 would make for a good story.

gold likes this.
  7. gold

gold New Member

ok thanks, I was expected for some comments like "in 2500 we ll gonna drive robots" nothing more. I m already doing my research just was seeking more inspiration..

8. gold

gold New Member

Mb I ve expressed myself wrong in that thread.. just needed some inspiration but a walk is good as well.

9. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

In 500 to 1000 years, there might be no human species left on this planet, though of course that wouldn't be much of a story, more of a wildlife documentary.

I would think about current trends that are concerning for the future and project forward from them. What if all the free Western countries are Marxist by then, and there's no freedom left anywhere in the world? But also try turning it on its head. What if instead the Marxists push too hard and awaken the sleeping giant all around the world, and it results in a massive sweep that clears Communism and its ilk everywhere, and freedom is spread around the globe? And what happens to people who aren't used to freedom at all, who always lived under an iron rule, when suddenly they're free?

You could try thinking like this about other issues too.

Of course, in 500 years, the problems we face today could be totally gone or have mutated to the point of unrecognizability.

10. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

There will be robots that communicate primarily by going "bidi-bidi-bidi".

(does anyone even get that reference any more?)

B.E. Nugent, Steve Rivers and Xoic like this.
  11. Thomas Larmore

Thomas Larmore Senior Member

I have a seven-book space opera setting that starts in the early 31st century. It's been in my head since I was a teenager. If you want to create and organize your own universe, I recommend you check this site out: www.scabard.com.