Needing A Little Advice.

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by cutecat22, Sep 22, 2014.

1. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

No prob. Oh yeah, I was supposed to recommend that too: do a few practice runs in front of family or friends: that'll help a lot, trust me. It'll familiarize you with the interview, allow you to experiment with pace, tone of voice etc. so when the real interview starts, it doesn't feel quite so strange and new anymore. :cool:

cutecat22 likes this.
  2. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Two sleeps to go. I have received the questions, I have formulated my conversation answers ... I had been asked if I would read a two to three minute excerpt from each book but I declined to do that. Even the practice-all-on-my-lonesome sessions had me blubbering and getting my words mixed up ...

Here we go ...

3. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Hi Guys - So, I did the interview! I was on for FORTY FIVE MINUTES talking to Tom Riddell and Robin Eduardo! I had a blast! I did decline to read excerpts from my books (I couldn't even do that in the privacy of my own home with no-one listening (I kept reading the wrong words and mixing things up)) so Tom actually read his reviews of my books, and then the three of us discussed everything from why I write, using a pseudonym and writing sex scenes to where my characters come from and what inspires me to write them the way I do!

It was fab! I really enjoyed myself and can't wait to do it again so, to all who contributed to this thread, a MASSIVE THANK YOU, you all helped to keep me sane!

:friend::friend::friend::friend::friend:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    jazzabel and thirdwind like this.
  4. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

Next time you are nervous about presenting to an audience (not "if" but "when" (glossophobia does not disappear)), read what you have written here.

cutecat22 likes this.
  5. Sword

Sword Member

Nice!