1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

New Comic Book Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lewdog, Oct 25, 2013.

I just saw the trailer for the New Captain America movie and it is taking a similar turn to the latest Iron Man and Batman series, to something more dark and with the 'good guys' having a 'bad side' to them. I'm curious as to what some of you think about this. Should the heroes we have grown to love be dealing with internal and complicated issues instead of just fighting crime? Should the movies start being tailored more towards adults instead of open to children to enjoy as well?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843866/?ref_=nv_sr_1

2. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Children have changed from those of the earlier decades. They can handle darker stuff. It's all around them. Hardly any movies these days, apart from animations, have that 'fun' factor to them, like the films of yore. Film-makers have moved with the times, and that's only natural.

I for one am liking this whole superhero splurge, and it'll be remembered fondly by people of this time. Yes, of course I agree that superhero films aren't the same anymore, such as Michael Keaton's Batman, but this generation is taking it to a whole new level. People are interested in different forms of art and writing now, and so will be handed the torch when the time comes for them to take over and create new films, books, and comics, wherever next it may go.

Films I'm looking forward to: X-men: Days of Future Past, Man of Steel 2, Amazing Spiderman 2, Ant Man, The Flash, and most of all, Justice League. Of course, the latter three are not officially happening yet, or at least not enough for us to know anything about them.

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

We do know Ben Afflek is playing Batman in Man of Steel 2. We also know that Jennifer Lawrence is going to be in the new X-Man movie.

4. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Yeah, I know. I don't know how I feel about Affleck. I mean, I know we were proved entirely wrong with Ledger, but still, there's something just not quite right...

5. rhduke

rhduke Member Reviewer

I like superhero movies that find a balance between the lighthearted and the dark. Real life is the same, we have dark moments and we have comical moments. If the director is smart, he'll find a nice balance and appeal to both audiences. But there's also the issue of keeping the same atmosphere as the comic, so it depends.

Spider-Man 1 & 2 and Batman Returns were the only superhero movies to find a steady balance imo. TDK was good, but when it tried to be funny, it really felt like it tried too hard. The Avengers went the other direction, but in the same way TDK's humour fell flat, The Avenger's didn't bring gravity to the situation. But I mean feel free to disagree, TDK and The Avengers are still good in their own way.