New Dawn(Sanctuary Sequel)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Chief of medical...before you get the wrong idea," Landa said, "And I wasn't that upset."
    Why does everything he say come out to sexy? It was another off handed dialogue that went from sweet to naughty bedroom.
    "Please forgive me and my dialogie...my brain likes to think dirty sometimes," Landa said.

2. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    "Please forgive me and my dialogue...my brain likes to think dirty sometimes,"

A dirty thinking doctor, Sarafena smiled this was going to be interesting.

“Don‘t stress, I‘ll tell you if you cross the line. I live in a barrack with men who talk dirty all the time, I‘m kind of use to it,” she shrugged. She hadn’t meant for the barrack part to come out, but it was to late now. It wasn’t much to worry about. She sighed and leant against the wall this was taking a long time.

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Landa stared at the ugly flowers one more time. How could something so beautiful be so ugly to him? At one point in time he would have thought they were beautiful, but watching so many people had made him think anything that beautiful was ugly. He looked at himself in the mirror daily, because that was the only way he could brush his hair and his teeth. All those morning routines. But for some reason, he had realized he was so beautiful that he was ugly.
    "And it's not my fault words come out more dirtier then usual...it just happens that way, I guess it happens when I am thinking to much on something else," Landa said, "I wonder how long this will take? I only have a two hour break. I would like this little hoax to get itself done and over with. I don't know what the Lord of North would want with someone like me."
    Why was he sharing this information then her? Yes, it was because he was thinking to much again.

4. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Sarafena was starting to worry, she was trapped in a room with a crazy man. She had heard that Landa was one of the best. Wasn’t Einstein a little crazy through all his brilliance? It was hard looking at a face that was prettier then her own and even creepy that she had recognised that this pretty creature was a man. She sighed tapping her foot on the ground, he was nice even if he was odd. He seemed a little stiff as though Landa didn’t social often. A leader, that seemed right like those pushy sergeants a soldier got when they first joined the army.

She clicked her tongue and looked up at the roof deciding the trimmings on the ceiling were quiet nice.

"I wonder how long this will take? I only have a two hour break. I would like this little hoax to get itself done and over with. I don't know what the Lord of North would want with someone like me."

“Join the party,” she said to his words with a shrug. Okay so maybe she’d have some uses a lord might need. She would be surprised if she was singled out from the entire army for them though.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"God will someone just burn those roses already," Landa whispered to himself.
    Landa was getting tired of this, he had some business to take care of. He had those two patients to worry about. And knowing forester he was dumber then a block. He placed his hand on his hip and made a sigh. The wind picked up while some soldiers passed by and the soldiers stopped and started gawking at them. Like they only noticed two pretty people when the wind picked up. It was already thirty seconds and they were in some sort of trance. They would stand there for ever if Landa didn't think of something. He sighed again.
    "Go back to your job, don't look at darlings," Landa said that was suppose to be rude and some full of punchy attitude instead it sounded like something a whore would say on the streets.
    But it woke the guys up and they left. Landa sighed, his words never turned out perfect. And he was sure he was going to sound like he was going trying to seduce the Lord of the North, if this wasn't a hoax.
    "What do you think the Lord wants with us?" Landa asked Blake.

6. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"What do you think the Lord wants with us?"

Sarafena shrugged, “hmm considering his military background. I guess it could be anything. Maybe he does the hiring and firing, no that wouldn‘t be right because we work for different sectors,” she frowned. “it really could be anything. We‘ll just have to wait and see.”

Sarafena tutted to herself and thought of the soldiers before. She held back a laugh and made it sound as though she needed to clear her throat instead. They were looking at the pretty boy.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"I doubt the lord does the hiring and the firing," Landa said.
    She cleared her throat, but Landa knew what that meant. For some reason being born this way had made him more clear with girl's behavior. They were after all his only friends back in school days. She held back a laugh, just because he got looked at by guys.
    He smiled, he wondered if she knew he was bisexual. Truthfully no girl wanted a guy who looked better then her.
    "What are some hobbies of yours?" Landa asked.

8. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"What are some hobbies of yours?" he asked.

She was taken back by his question. She didn’t have hobbies, she was one of those knobs that joined the army to blow the s*** out of things. She was raised in the army and had the mentally of an infantry soldier.

“I dunno,” she drawled. “I drink some, I work to much, no hobbies for me. How bout you.” she cursed herself for asking, the silent wait was starting to get uncomfortable.

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"I hear asking about hobbies is a good way to start friendly terms, I am to busy with my patients to actually do anything," Landa said, "What do you drink?"
    Landa shifted his weight on one leg again, he just liked shifting his weight around because standing in one position could get boring after a while.

10. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

"What do you drink?" he asked her.

She laughed, “Whatever comes out of a can or bottle and gets me totally wasted.” Yes sir there was that infantry mentality again. She shrugged, “I blame the Australian genes, though the Greek genetics probably aren‘t much better…”

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"I don't drink often, if I do drink it would be something I fancy to bad there is only hard liquor around these days," Landa said.
    Landa looked at the roses again, why did he keep on averting his attention to them? Was his intent to burn them that strong?

12. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Ark had been expecting a day in the armoury possibly working on the tanks or some sort of training so he didn't have any civilian clothing in his locker and he certainly wasn't going to turn up at the Lords residence in his gym kit. He'd have to settle for his army gear, it was professional enough and was no doubt the reason he was been called to the mans house so it would do.

He put on his Odin armour specially built to accommodate his build and then considered if to take anything else with him. He wouldn't need any heavy weaponry but he couldn't see any harm in carrying his side arm, if need be he'd surrender it at the residence but he knew a fair few of the personal that operated in the area so didn't expect it to be an issue, but you never knew with all the new security procedures. Just because the human race had been united in resistance against a force from another world didn't mean they had managed to escape the traditional internal conflicts.

He keyed in his five digit password to release the side arm that was locked away in a coded compartment within the locker along with his glaive. The advantage of having his armour custom built was that he'd been able to shape it to his own requirements. Admittedly it had cost him a sizeable chunk of his salary but if increased combat effectiveness that was what ultimately mattered. He holstered the side arm CRXSa on his leg and attached the Glaive to an indent in the chest plate of his Odin armour, both placed for optimum access in a combat situation. His armour was emblazoned with his tank regiments symbol a vipers head. The symbol had grown more than just an identification of their regiment over time it had become almost iconic.

Satisfied that he was prepared he entered another branch of the armoury pausing for a retina scan. Access to the garage where they stored a small number of tanks was under strict security procedures with only drivers and mechanics allowed access and even this was limited if they weren't scheduled as on duty. A mechanic was standing in front of one of the tanks using a small laptop analysing a diagnostic readout.

"Joel! How's it faring?"

"Only 90.5% effective right now, next time we enter a situation try not to drive through any walls again please? Just because they're built for it doesn't mean they have to be put through their paces."

"What can I say it was the quickest path and they needed me there. Certainly made an entrance didn't I."

"When wouldn't you Ark once again half the recruits seem to be familiar with the video of your exploits already. Does your team have to film every one of your exploits?"

"We use them as training, post mission. Analyse that we acted appropriately and what not. Recruit popularity is just a bonus. Anyway can you tell Ric I have a meeting so I won't be able to make this morning. If he asks who my clearance is from tell him Lord North."

Joel raised his eyebrows at this point and actually broke away from scrolling through the diagnostics. "Impressive, hopefully something good and not a disciplinary”.
    "Indeed." Ark smirked and then exited the garage. He'd have to pick up the pace to get to Lord North's residence he'd been requested for immediately and the fact the messenger had had difficulty finding him could well mean he was late already.

13. Jade

Jade Active Member

Jess stretched her legs out, wiggling her toes inside her boots to make sure that they were still attached to the rest of her body. It was hard to tell. Everything below her ankles was numb. This was worse than the time that the recruits locked her in the kitchen refrigerator for a practical joke, she thought. At least then there had been food.

To distract herself from the aching feeling where her stomach was, Jess looked back out at the blizzard, trying to see a pattern in the snowflakes. Icy wind crept into the cave. Her teeth chattered against the steel bar pushed through her lip. The coat made being on watch duty worthwhile, even if it only kept her marginally warmer. The other option of being so close to other people made her feel restricted and uncomfortable.

Someone approached. It was Jack, looking morose and distant as was now usual for him. Something had changed in him since they had arrived. Jess stood and handed him the coat in silence. Jack sat down, staring out into to snow and Jess wondered what to do. She wanted to offer to stay at her post, but the lieutenant seemed to like being on guard duty as much as she did. There was only one coat. It was his turn now and he outranked her. She would have to wait. Jess made her way to the back of the dark cave, around the seats to where the others were huddled together.

She sat down on the side furthest from the row of seats, as far away from Vishkta that she could get. They were all trying to fit under one small jacket as usual, which was quite pointless. Even she was clever enough to know that there were too many of them. She sat apart, pulling her knees up to her chest.

Some snow had nestled in her fringe and she stared at the white spots, listening to the conversation as it turned to survival. Since she couldn't shoot the snow or cold, the solution was beyond her. Jess didn't know what to do or say and so kept quiet.

14. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

V watched Jack get up wordlessly and go around the seats. He was taking watch duty again. He and Jess and a few others almost fought over watch duty. V could see where it was a good place to think though she worried that Jack was doing far too much thinking.

He didn't look at her as he left. V realized that she needed to stop watching him. It hurt too much to see that he wasn't registering her presence.

She dropped her head, trying to ignore the twist of pain in her heart, and heard Jess's footsteps as the soldier came around the seats, paused, and sat apart from the group, curled with her knees into her chest, her face blank.

V was glad at least that she had Zefie and Josh with her, they were reminders of better times and people that she at least knew. The others were becoming familiar now, too, almost like a small family in a way, brought close by the disk and the trouble it had caused them.

V was a little envious of Zefie, though, who didn't seem to feel the cold. V felt it all the way through her slender body and deep into her bones. Now and then she's go into fits of uncontrollable shivers when the others weren't huddled in close enough and, to give the group credit, they had always moved in closer for her and did their best to help warm her.

15. Blossom

Blossom New Member

"The weather can kill you very quickly."

Zefie twisted her mouth to the side thoughtfully, sliding down to sit on V's other side. A chill breeze from outside raised goosebumps on her flesh, and she absently rubbed her arms to warm them. Having spent most of her life cold and starving she wasn't unduly bothered, and at least there was the body heat of the others to stop her freezing. The rest of the group, particularly V, seemed to be having a much harded time with the cold.

"Well, tha's true," she said in response to V's remark. "But it's either a quick death and a chance of life out there, or a slow, inevi ... inevit ... death what's sure to come in here."

16. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

He jogged briskly down the road occasionally giving a nod of recognition to soldiers he was familiar with or seemed to be familiar with him in some cases. He knew the area roughly having been put on guard duty during down time whenever he sustained an injury that put him out of action for vehicle operation. Instead assigned a dull task of security in a booth for some important person. It was hardly an ideal job but luckily he tended to avoid injury most of the time thanks to been safely encased within his tank.

The surroundings began to change, buildings become less cramped, more stylish opposed to military and defence but the tell tale signs were still present. If you knew where to look then of course there was the constant military personal presence.

He approached the guard booth and presented his military identification not looking up until he heard the familiar voice.
    "What brings you here Ark?"

"Andy? Didn't know you'd been stationed here. How's the leg doing? Bet you can't wait to get back to the frontline again."

"You know medics did pretty good job patching it up. Probably got another two weeks here before they give me the go ahead to get back in the field. How’s the little souvenir you acquired on our last mission going?"

"Ah the rail gun? Engineering team worked their magic like always, weird to thing we're fighting these things relying on half their technology ay, first the Odin armour and now I've turned their weapon against 'em. Bit of a beast to handle, but god is the power worth it."

"Yea I bet, if I could lift the dam thing I'd try and get one although don't fancy going through an ordeal quite like that again though. Anyway can't keep up this idle chit chat you better head on in, still a few of you to turn up but the atmosphere round here seems pretty tense."
    "Will do, try to have fun."

"I'll do my best nothing quite like cross words and Sudoku over the field." sarcasm creeping into his voice.

Ark walked down the path and opened the door to discover two people standing in the landing. They didn't quite suit the surroundings. They clearly weren't staff or important officials. "Guessing you got the letter to then?"

17. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

Lin had tired of his walk in the cave. Going deeper inside just reminded him of what they had. Nothing. He made his way back towards the group.

Walking nonchalantly past the group, he took his ponytail out and played with his long hair. He saw Jess sitting apart from the group. That means she wasn't on guard duty. He rushed to the entrance to see if he could pick up and spend some more time away from the group.

When he got to the front, he discovered Jack had already taken the next shift. And he's been on this extremely annoying kick lately. Lin shook his head in anger and turned back towards the group, straightening out his face and smiling as he returned.

He took a spot between Jess and the others. He laid flat on his back and put his hands under his head, staring at the roof a while. Eventually he grew tired of that and just closed his eyes. At that moment, he'd rather not see anything at all.

18. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Lord North waited expectantly behind his desk. Any moment now, the chosen few who had been selected by Oliver Ward to undertake the rescue and recovery mission would be arriving in his chambers. He wondered if they would be as nervous as he was once they heard the news. After all, those discs were the key to winning this war, the key to the survival of the human race as a whole. If they lost even one, they lost all hope.

A female voice came over the intercom. "Lord North...they are arriving."

North pressed on the button. "Send them back Alice." He took a deep breath and composed himself. He may have been nervous and even a little scared, but that was no reason to show it. After all...he was Lord North. He was not a weak man.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marius paced the line of twelve men he had deemed worthy of undertaking the task of retrieving the disc for his master. Each was a deadly fighter. A couple of them had even been Crusaders once. They worked with cold efficiency, a quality Marius prized in each of them.

"Report," Marius demanded.

One of the men stepped forward. "Sir, we have located the crash site and tracked them as best we could. There are maybe ten of them. It looks like they were being followed by a Dragoon. We don't know if he got to them first or not."

"And where are they now?" He demanded again.

"We believe them to be holed up in a cave not far from the crash site. The cold may have killed a couple of them."

"Good," said Marius. "Captain Warren, I want you to take your men and suit up. Move out and get the disc from them. Take them alive if you can. Dead," he shrugged. "Just as well."

"Yes sir!" said the captain as he turned to the men. "You heard the master! Suit up. We leave in an hour."

19. Darkthought

*Double Post*

20. Darkthought

Dre stood up and walked away from the huddle. He was getting tired of so much inactivity. Running his had through his hair, Dre turned and faced the group. "Look, we really can't stay here. If we do, we are gonna rot in this cave. Who knows if something friendly will even find us? What if the Dragoons run across us?

"I say we at least send a couple of people out there and try and find something. We may freeze to death but I'd rather die trying to live than sit here doing nothing."

21. sprb_skrbblz

"Now, you're talkin'."

Lin opened his eyes and gazed at Dre standing over the rest of the group. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and shaking his hair out of his face. He had a look of indifference, but he was ready for some action.

"I'm bored, and I'm tired of sleeping on the ground when I don't have to. I assume you're volunteering yourself, I make number two. I'm ready when you are."

Lin laughed for a moment.

"I make number two," he repeated to himself.

He shook his head and rose to his feet.

22. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

"And where are you going to go?" V asked, "I don't want to be pessimistic but we have no idea where we're going out there. And how will freezing to death help you ward off someone unfriendly out there any better than in here?" She sighed, "I would like to get out of this cave, too, but at least here we can last a bit. Out there," she nodded in the direction of the seats, meaning the outside, "it won't be long at all. At least not for me."

A shivering fit hit her again and she tucked her arms tightly around her body, clenching up with the cold, her head dropping as she attempted to curl into herself.

23. sprb_skrbblz

Lin tied his hair back into a ponytail and stretched his shoulders out as V took a whack at convincing he and Dre to stay. He rolled the kinks out of his neck and showed V eye contact, so she knew he was listening, though he wouldn't be convinced.

Lin also wouldn't have a coat, but to Hell with a coat. As far as he was concerned, it was colder in the cave amongst his peers than out in the harsh wilderness. He cocked an eyebrow as V said she wouldn't last too long out there.

"Don't shortchange yourself like that, V. I hold you to such high standards, you're ruining my fantasy," he said with a smile.

He did a little shake as if to eliminate the chills from his body that way. He looked over to the seats and saw his AK-47, .45 and his bag of dynamite. He realized he didn't have a light, and no one else seemed to be a smoker... or an arsonist, so the dynamite can stay where they have fire. He came back to his conversation with V.

"And besides, you're not going out there, I am. So don't worry your pretty little head. If I don't come back...(Lin shrugs) who cares, right?"

He glances over at Dre.

"So were you serious?"

24. Darkthought

Dre looked at Lin. He didn't care much for the man's attitude, but this was one instance in which he had to agree with him. Lin may have been a little bit of an arrogant bastard, but two would probably fare better than one if they came across something that wasn't friendly.

"Of course I was serio-"

Dre was cut off as bullets began to ricochet off the walls of the cave. He didn't know where it came from, but he could see everyone else taking cover as well. He thought he could hear the group's lookout shouting something, but he could make it out over the noise of everyone beginning to scuffle around in a frantic rush.

25. Darkthought

Captain Warren signaled his men to move forward silently. He could see a girl standing at the mouth of the cave. She looked armed, but it was hard to make out details through the snow. She hadn't noticed him and his team yet, and she wouldn't if his active camo had anything to say about it. His entire unit would blend in perfectly right up until it was too late for her to do anything about it.

One by one the twelve men took up positions around the mouth of the cave. Warren signaled them all to prepare to open fire. Then he gave the order. His unit opened up with a barrage of bullets on the entrance. If there were others inside, he knew the ricochets would probably catch a couple of them. After all, Marius had said they wouldn't need them alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.