Tags:
  1. ELeFloch

ELeFloch Member

New To The Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ELeFloch, May 8, 2017.

Hello

I am an aspiring writer and hoping to get some excellent tips and feedback on the forum. I am young, in my early twenties, but have always loved to write stories since I was about 10. I wrote my first "novel" at the age of 12, and have never stopped. I excelled in English in school and especially in any writing assignments, and it just pushed me to explore this avenue of expression. However, with the way life goes, I put it on hold for a little bit when I was trying to get a job after college graduation and becoming self-sufficient. I have since married, and have established myself in a career that I do enjoy, but I want to focus more attention on my writing. I have never stopped, but I noticed my last two stories just weren't me. It was like I was someone else writing, too wordy, not enough description, and you could tell the passion wasn't there. But now, I have an excellent story-line in my head and am getting it down as fast as possible. I currently have almost 200 pages of the first draft going, and about halfway through my tale. I am hoping to be able to have some help on where to improve, where to look at self-publishing options when I'm at that point. I look forward to meeting people and hearing your advice. Thanks in advance everyone!

Fernando.C likes this.
  2. Soapbox

Soapbox Member

Hi, ELeFloch! You've come to the right place. Keep going with that first draft, you'll get there.

3. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi @ELeFloch and welcome to the forum! And good luck with your writing

4. ELeFloch

ELeFloch Member

Thank you. I hope to finish soon, and hoping that I can learn some valuable information along the way.

5. ELeFloch

ELeFloch Member

Thank you!

Fernando.C likes this.
  6. Marina Grönbäck

Marina Grönbäck New Member

Hello welcome to WritingForums.

Enjoy! :)

ELeFloch likes this.