1. bluebell7

bluebell7 New Member

New to this...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bluebell7, Mar 5, 2017.

Hello, thanks for stopping by first of all. I'm a little nervous as I haven't looked at writing since college really. I'd prefer to go by my screen name for now which is Bluebell. I'm 24 (almost 25) and I'm here to bring myself back into the writing world.

I have quite a few ideas in my head, my main focus is probably short story writing, the possibility of writing a novel one day and most recently I'm trying my hand at stage script writing.

So hi! Is there anyone else out there feeling like myself?

2. Lankle

Lankle Member

Hi Bluebell,
    I've returned to writing after a long break, trying my hand at something longer but short stories are still my focus too. Mainly because I'm finding it so hard to finish a longer piece, there are so many stands to knit together! I hope I can write a novel someday. Lets hope we can help each other. People seem pretty helpful here.

3. anasfalis

anasfalis Member

Welcome, bluebell!

Yes, I am in the same boat as you. I have had several ideas throughout the years which I have not dared to put down on paper, so my goal will be the same as yours: short stories first, and then hopefully move over to writing a novel. I wish you the best of luck.

4. bluebell7

bluebell7 New Member

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! How are you finding it putting pen to paper after waiting for some time? I have uncertainties and it's nice to hear others are in similar situations. Any particular genres you are interested in?

5. Forinsyther

Forinsyther Member

I'm not in the same boat, but it's awesome to hear you're getting back into writing, I find it to be challenging and freeing at the same time :) I'm currently working on short stories too :) What genre are you interested in?

6. Lankle

Lankle Member

Hey Bluebell, It was hard putting pen to paper after a long break but I got inspired from an unlikely source, happens sometimes. After that I was excited to get back into it. I'm certainly not churning out page after page but I got an idea about a story I was stuck with. As for genre, I don't know, each story I try is a little different but I don't have anything in mind but the idea before I start. I'll have to see what comes out and decide what genre it is afterwards. Do you have a genre you're aiming for?