New writing workshop requirements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Daniel, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

or, if you don't see any problems, or don't feel qualified to point any out, at least give a 'meaty' overview of the piece, noting what you think of it, how it you think it will impact on other readers...

in other words, don't just toss out a single-sentence bit of blather, to meet your quota... ;-)

2. frisbie

frisbie New Member

I have carried out a number of criticisms but have no idea how to post a short story in the crime section.
    I would also like to contribute to Writing Forum but have had trouble with internet payments and would like to pay by cheque. Is it possible and if so what is the address?

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

You should contact Daniel directly (i.e. by PM) regarding the contribution question.

As for posting your work for review, you need to have a) been a member for over 14 days, and b) have made 20 posts in total (not including Word Games), in addition to the requirement of two constructive reviews.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Folks:

"Why can't I post?" posts and threads will be deleted without reply.

Please read the Forum Rules and the other links in the Important Links box on the site home page!

Seriously, if you knew enoughj to post in this thread, then there really is no excuse.

1 person likes this.
  5. cs2212

cs2212 Member

I just noticed this when I tried to post a piece of work today.

Out of general courtesy I had reviewed a few items before posting anything and I also found the forum useful to get some ideas to develop my first chapter before posting anything anyway. But I find the idea of actively blocking people from posting work or contributing pretty unfriendly really.

I understand the general concept of posting at least two constructive reviews to each piece of work to stop people just putting things up and then going, but all the additional arbitrary requirements dont contribute anything constructive to the forum. I could just as easily post forty pieces of drivel as five useful replies over two weeks. Obviously its up to those who manage the forum what they choose to do, but while I think reviewing more than you post is just courteous, the whole 'banning people' thing is entirely unwelcoming.

6. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

The requirement of two weeks and 20 posts is there so that people have some time to get used to the community here. It's different than other online writing communities, so it takes a while.

Unfortunately, you need rules to keep order, and consequences so people follow them. Follow the rules, and no unwelcoming attitude comes your way.

7. live2write

live2write Senior Member

I have a quick question in regards to the constructive criticisms. How do the moderators know when we submit at least two? Just curious

8. live2write

live2write Senior Member

I am a little confused with what you said. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.