Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prettyroser

Prettyroser New Member

No cussing?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Prettyroser, Apr 26, 2009.

I know the rules says use swear words conservatively and not against members, but why do so many in their writing censor their language on this site? I see so many and she said, "***k her."

It's kind of distracting to the piece and makes me wonder is the writer saying she said, "Asterisk, Asterisk, Asterik, k her."

It's not a big deal since it's usually obvious what their saying, but if you are writing a piece and you choose to have the swearing in it, why are you censoring it? If you don't want to use cuss words then maybe you shouldn't use them in your work in the first place if you are only going to censor yourself.

I guess it's the writers decision, but I'm just beginning to wonder if there is some kind of rule on this site outside what is in the forum rules. Are people doing this so they won't get banned or something? What's going on with all the censoring?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The site has filters that replace certain words with asterisks. This has been discussed at length in the Suggestions and Feedback forum. It does not belong in Writing Issues at all (it is a site policy question), and in any case, the policy is not going to change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.