1. writiki

writiki New Member

No idea where to go with this

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by writiki, Feb 20, 2008.

Was a part of writing this:

Rai awoke to a new day. The dream was still lingering like something tangible. She could not shake the feeling that something out of the ordinary was about to happen. She had been talking to him on the internet for five days and what talking they did. "Cowboy, Cowboy," she thought. She was suppose to call him later tonight and talk for the first time on the phone.

The sounds from the boiler room were louder than usual, and peculiar, no doubt, but it was the clamoring of her neighbors in the stairwell that snapped Rai out of her smitten trance. "What the heck is going on?" she asked herself. Throwing off the covers she looked towards the door and wondered aloud what could be happening. She heard rustling and running, but no audible sirens or smoke alarms. She never could connect with these crazy neighbors of hers. Their actions never seemed to make sense to her.

---

Now I have no idea where to go with it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, or head over to the link in my signature and help me out.

thanks,
    Henry

2. Iulia

Iulia New Member

It's really good. I can't really tell you where to go with this, but I'm asuming her internet friend isn't really who he says he is. Anyway, I don't recommend it turning out well with him because that will teach kids to except online relationships, which are dangerous. You really do have to worry about the effects a story can have on a person. Meanwhile, is it a fire? I think the neighbors having this "secret life" is a great idea. Keep going and just let it figure itself out.

3. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Don't let a fear of misguiding children squelch your creativity. Write however you want to write.

I'm a firm believer in creating at least the basic outline of your plot, yourself. You should let this sit for a day or two, and think about it until something comes to you. That always works for me.

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Internet stories are always mind blowing, if you just do them the right way. The element of surprise and shock, if retained, will make a very simple plot an interesting lead.
    I would recommend you go over the genuine possibilities of a plot for a while, working on it, but taking breaks in between to keep yourself fresh. You'll find yourself with a splendid plot. Best wishes!

5. Its_Chase

Its_Chase New Member

While I have numerous ideas firing off in my head about where this could lead, none of them are particularly coherent. I will say, however, that I'd love to read this when it's finished, or as you go, or in any other kind of way. You've intrigued me. It's a great opening paragraph. Well, two paragraphs, but whatever.

6. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Flat. Currently by the window. Staring out, in f
    I'd agree with Connolly here. Try and figure out some basic outline for a plot - as soon as you have that, and sit down to figure it out, the rest will come no problem.

Think of what type of story you want this to be. What do you want to write about. Then, whatever that may be, try and incorporate it in your plot. Work from there. Good luck! :)

7. AWR

AWR New Member

Sometimes stories start as a just a couple paragraphs for me too. I generally just tuck them away at the back of my mind and let them stew for a while. Then, at generally inappropriate times, I suddenly think, "Ah, yes! What if ...."

I also sometimes ask myself questions about the story or ask the characters questions (ie. think yourself into their space).

Then I have also had characters or scenes take up residence in my head for quite a while before their story tells itself.