1. The Bard of Wigan

The Bard of Wigan New Member

Not so minor things that annoy me!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Jun 6, 2009.

I've turned into a right moaning sod lately & noticed that lots of things piss me off that wouldn't have done say 5 years ago.

If I may....

Idiots who use a bluetooth headset when walking round supermarkets

People who butter their toast then scrape any excess butter back into the tub

Plonkers who rip a Rizzla packet up to use for a roach

People who don't scrape their unfinished food into a bin then leave the plate on the side

Joggers who jog on the spot at traffic lights
    Mrs Bard leaving sugary milky residue in a cereal bowl.

People who say "pacific" instead of "specific".

Plebs who take their cashpoint card out the slot then put it back in to do some more messing around with their money

Middle aged old farts in Subaru Impreza's

Anyone with a lisp

B*stards who leave their shopping trolleys in the middle of the aisle and go off to look at stuff on the shelves. I usually smash through them

More to follow

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I would like to expand this to include people who talk on cell phones while paying for their things. Is that a life or death call your on? I didn't think so. Hang up and call them back when you're done paying me.

3. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Well, most middle aged people do moan about those things ;)

You should get a slot on the TV show 'Grumpy old men'.

4. sophie.

sophie. New Member

People do that?! :p

Pahaha!- that made me laugh...I could picture someone running amok with a trolley in Tesco's and screaming manically...

Something that annoys me is when people crack their knuckles, or shout into their phones on the train/bus 'YEAH? YEAH I'M ON MY WAY..YEAH...THAT'S RIGHT...OK...SEE YOU SOON..LOOOOVE YOUU!'. Especially when they are 12 and about 4 foot high. Their lungs must be abnormally huge.

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I'm not middle aged and I moan about those as well...

Bard, I love this thread. I'm a fully pledged moaner from way back! hahahaha! :D

I moan mostly about idiots that do 50km/h in a 110km/h zone and there is no way you can over take because of the traffic coming the other direction.

Drivers who won't stop at the schools children crossing to let the children and parents cross the road to the car park when it is pouring with rain, or any other time to be honest.

Women who stop in the isles in the supermarket just to gossip and they take up the entire isle so you can't get past.

Women who take their children into shops and let them run riot, destroy things that they then hide under shelves, grab things and leave them laying on the ground behind them and walk off, and not tell them off, then give you filthy looks because you have told your child off for attempting to do the same.

Drunks walking past the house in the middle of the road smashing bottles.

Stray dogs crapping in my front yard

People sending me text messages or phoning me after 9pm or before 8am.

Can I say my cousin? She is literally everything that annoys me about the human race in general! :D

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The bit about cell phones definitely gets under my skin. Here where I live in Puerto Rico people have an absolutely pathological addiction to talking on cell phones. If it is ever going to be proven that cell phones actually do cause brain cancer, the proof will come to light here on this little island. And the one thing that drives me barking mad is young people in the mall walking around with the cell phone to their freaking ear and they are not on a call! What the %$#$% is that? It's like they have spent so much time with the phone to the ear that their arm has frozen and atrophied in the position with the phone in hand.

7. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

People who say "like" too much. Good lord, people. Life is not an episode of The Hills.

8. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

Ahh, it's understandable. Some of those things can be really annoying at times, such as leaving carts in the aisle.

9. hiddennovelist

When people do that where I work, it makes me want to kick them. We are not a daycare service. We are not here to babysit your kids while you go shopping. Please, keep them with you and don't let them destroy our store.

We actually had a woman come in one day and ask if we had a playcenter for the kids to stay while she shopped. Really, lady? It's an office supply store. No. We don't have a playcenter.

or throwing eggs at my car. My car is like a prime target for people who want to egg something. It just keeps happening...

That seriously makes me want to kill people. My older sister's best friend (who I haven't spoken to in several years) texted me recently at like 2 AM... "Hey, did you just try to call me?" Yes, dumb b****. It's 2 in the morning, and we haven't spoken or seen each other in three years. But I just tried to call you.

You can if I can say my MIL.

...sorry, Rob. I'll stop.

10. Lavarian

Well as long as it isn't every other word, it doesn't really bother me that much.

11. hiddennovelist

Ok good. I try not to use it in a valley girl way. But sometimes it just comes out...

12. Tobinobin

Tobinobin Member

People that say attackively instead of offensively. It actually makes me physically shudder with anger...

13. Lavarian

Wow. I have NEVER heard anyone use that, but I might die a little on the inside if I did.

Also, can I axe you a question? I hate that too.

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Why? Too edgy?

15. Tobinobin

Tobinobin Member

Lol. Well, my TEACHER (physical education, not too bright) said this when describing tactics in a soccer match. My friend also used this when talking about what to do in a strategy game. Quite shocking really.

@ Cogito - *golfclap*

16. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

And the shame is that every single one of my cousins on my dad's side who are all from The Bronx would argue that that is the correct pronunciation for the word.

[​IMG]
    ^ that's me with head hanging in shame.

17. captain haddock

captain haddock New Member

oh but how i loath tarmacadam! such an overbearing, noxious substance.....properly illogical, but it impassions me.

i also despise large supermarkets, patronising marketing campaigns, marketing in general, the plastic rings (usually red or blue) around the tops of 2litre milk bottles, the irish language, brute ignorance, laughter for no reason....etc.

yes.

18. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

What the hell is wrong with a lisp?

19. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

You know what, I agree. Difficult to understand sometimes, but I think lisps are cute. :-D

20. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

People who think they are clever but aren't.

People who start sentences "I'm not racist but..." because we all know what's coming next.

People who are needlessly rude to cashiers and other customer service staff.

21. MarcG

MarcG New Member

I find that statement offensive.

22. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Right, full-on rant coming up. I get irritated by:

Apostrophes in the wrong place.

Leetspeak.

Text-speak in general, even in text messages - use English.

People who know sweet FA about the law lecturing me on something that's connected with it - I am the one with the qualifications in it, so shove off and keep your ill-informed views to yourself!

Stewards at matches telling me to sit down and shut up. I'm in the singing section, and I will not sit down and I will not shut up; it gets the atmosphere going. Not to mention I pay good money for that seat.

The stewards in the car park after matches - they hold us in until the pedestrians go through, then release everyone at once, meaning it takes three times as long as it should to get out, when I'd rather be home eating my tea or sulking, depending on the result.

Just a few things.

23. hiddennovelist

My little siblings say "I sol you!" instead of "I saw you." Drives me nuts. It was cute when they were like two. Not now that they're getting into their teens...

Yeah, hating on lisps makes me sad. I lisp when I'm drunk. Can't help it. It just happens.

24. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

Lisps annyo me but only on aged people because speech therapy can take care of that. Its more of a pet peeve than anything.

another one; people who yell at you from the car. I usualyl yell back something like "pussy!!!) and then they yell back "no you are" and Im like your in a car friving away...lol.

25. hiddennovelist

Do you mean people who yell at you like when you do something to make them mad, or people who yell at you because they're stupid? Because I totally yell at people when they do something stupid like almost sideswipe me or try to kill me...