Tags:
  1. elfdragonlord

elfdragonlord New Member

Novels that I'm no longer interested in publishing - worthwhile posting them?

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by elfdragonlord, Feb 13, 2007.

Now I've deserted my series of nine fantasy novels, after only writing four of them - would it be worthwhile posting the novels somewhere on the internet, to see if they attract any attention?

I can't see myself going back to them, because I've firmly decided to move on from Tolkien/D&D type fantasy. I began to feel limited by the genre, and got fed up with using other people's metaphors (ie creatures and ideas invented by Tolkien or robbed from mythology)

So now I'm moving into combining fantasy and science fiction in interesting ways - because it feels more liberating in a way, with far more scope to fill the world of my stories with things that are truly my own creation. Even if I returned to pure fantasy - I would make it as different as possible from what has gone before.

So I'm never really likely to return to those stories I spent the last two years or so writing. But there is some fairly interesting stuff there - interesting ideas, characters and situations. I wonder whether it would be worthwhile letting other people read them, by either posting them on here or else opening up an account on Livejournal or Vox or something where I can post the entire stories.

Some segments of the first one have already been posted on here (the first novel is called 'the Five Pronged Spear') btw.

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    If they're decently written you might want to start up a blog. Post a few pages or chapter every few days, along with the usual blogger stuff. If people actually read it and seem to like the stories start asking for donations and/or put up some paid ads or something. That way people read your work, getting you some public recognition with the possibility of getting a small amount of money.

3. Wader Go

Wader Go New Member

Or you could try epublishing, as you might be able to make a couple of bucks out of them.