Number of continents in your fantasy world?

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Millamber, Aug 21, 2017.

1. orangefire

orangefire Active Member

Pretty much.

2. Kater

Kater Member

(I haven't read the whole thread because I'm bad, but just throwing in my two cents @ OP)

Currently my fantasy world has, I think, 4 main continents and a smattering of islands that are just doing their own thing. I've been working on this world passively since 2010, and lately I've returned to it and have started to think the map isn't fully explored (it's very much a feudal style story, complete with "here there be monsters" on the royal maps). So, to the known world of the main character, there's about 4 continents (but they also still think their world is flat, lol).

3. Millamber

Millamber Senior Member

This cracked me up :D:D

4. MilatheRose

MilatheRose New Member

Honestly, mine is only concerned with one family in one country. Its a smaller story. But Hell makes a cameo later on, so if the upper reaches of Hell count then I guess that means there are two.

5. Pandaking908

Pandaking908 Member

I have three in my fantasy world so far. However, I want my story to be focused on one continent. Having more just makes the world feel bigger, even if they aren't important to the story.