Oh Terrible Chessmaster

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Autokrat, May 6, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirvee

Kirvee New Member

@J and Unit: I felt kinda cheated though that of all the main cast, only a few members of the original police team and Near + his people are the only ones left alive.

It was bad enough I had to watch L die, then the mangaka took Mello and Matt...

@Unit: You got it right, XD. Although admittedly, I never really needed the dumbed down explanation. Although hearing Kira attempt to reason anything in his own head made me hate him all the more.

2. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Well I was trying to point out that characters like Matsuda exist in part for the Chessmaster to be forced to explain things. I was tired and not really thinking when I wrote that up.

Actually I felt cheated by the fact that Near was the one to bring down Kira. From what I remember he didn't figure out much on his own and relied on alot of what L figured out. While I didn't want Light to lose really... but if he had to I wish it was L who took him down. :(

3. Kirvee

Kirvee New Member

@Unit: That is very true....I mean, Mello actually took initiative and did his own research and such. Near just kinda sat around with his toys while his information was handed to him on a silver platter.

But yeah, I too wish it was L who had taken him down....I think everyone except Light's fans wish L had owned him in the end.

4. JTheGreat

JTheGreat New Member

That's why I favor the plot of the live-action movies, which offer more closure in the form of L's triumph, but with a bittersweet twist. Said twist has made me afraid of death, though, so you take the good with the terrifying DX.

This is turning into a DN discussion if I've ever seen one....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.