1. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford New Member

On the Devil's Wings

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Jeremy Ford, Feb 14, 2015.

I am looking for feedback on this synopsis I have for my story

On the Devil's Wings

A war has been brewing between Heaven and Hell for several years and Jerrick is sent down from Heaven to discover and prevent a war from happening. He senses a nearby pull to a woman named Caroline who he discovers has powerful Foresight abilities. Jerrick decides to use Caroline to help show him where demons are beginning to surface on Earth to prepare for the upcoming battle. This conflicts with Caroline's day-to-day life as her daughter, Lucy is preparing to graduate.

Lucy Slater, 23, is a recent college graduate and as a congratulatory gift her mother who buys her a house, with she moves in with her gay best friend, Ethan. Lucy and Ethan begin searching for jobs in the city and after Lucy gets a job offer from a notable psychologist as an assistant. To celebrate she plans a party at her mother's with the rest of her family. In the middle of the party, Jerrick and Lucy are introduced to each other. Lucy immediately falls for him.

Unaware of his impact on her, Jerrick continues on his mission to destroy the arriving demonic forces. One night, while Ethan and Lucy go out to a bar with some friends a demon tries to lure a drunk Lucy into sex. Jerrick arrives and saves Lucy from the demonic force without revealing himself as an angel. From there, the two begin to fall in love with each other.

This endangers Lucy that much more, as she is now seen as a way to get to Jerrick. Without revealing himself, Jerrick must keep Lucy safe as he begins to realize that he not only has to protect humanity from a nearing apocalypse but he must also protect the girl he loves.

2. odolmen

odolmen Member

There's no telling whether a story is going to be good or not before it is actually written.
    All I can tell you is, I always cringe when I see a Heaven vs Hell story. There's nothing like good ol' angels and demons to get my manicheism sensors screaming at me in 8 different languages.

3. Bryan Romer

Bryan Romer Contributor Contributor

You story may turn out to be very good, but it is worth pointing out that this particular theme is being beaten to death on TV and in books lately, so you will need something special indeed to stand out from the crowd.