1. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Once Together, Always Together

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Bewitched, Nov 23, 2013.

Harken, Magicians! Post your templates here and feel free to discuss the RPG.

Or just, you know, post funny memes and crack jokes.

2. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Going to be the first one to throw my name in, keeping an active presence on the RP forums!

Magician's Name: Yeven Marsh
    Age (13-16): 16
    Personality: Shy, hard working, cautious but calculating
    Appearance: Bleached white hair, green eyes, glasses with a rimless bottom and thin lenses. Tends to dress in jeans or combats with gothic t-shirts and hoodies. Thin build a little on the scrawny side.

Daemon's Name: Azrael
    Age (100+): 450
    Personality: Aggressive, blunt, abrasive.
    Powers:
    1) Poisonous touch that can corrode flesh
    2) Supernatural speed
    3) Mind melding (the ability to intrude on others thoughts or share visions and knowledge to those that accept or are in a vulnerable state). Close range ability.

Guises:
    1) Black Wolf
    2) Red Spider (about the size of a German Shephard)
    3) Ferret

Obviously these powers could be overpowered let me know if you want the amended or more details. I will nerf them a bit in the RP so they are not completely out of hand.

3. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Its great as is, you are approved. I'm just waiting for a few more characters to join before I post. :)

4. Mrnickyblake

Mrnickyblake New Member

Magician's Name: josh vantage
    Age (13-16): 14
    Personality: unfounded intelligence, delusions of grandure, petty, tight with money, fusses over details, maybe slight OCD

Appearance: tall, medium build, completely bald, wispy juvenile moustache (jet black). Always sharply dressed, straight cut jeans, belt, suit jackets, trendy shirts, freshly shined shoes.

Daemon's Name: Daisy
    Age (100+): 227
    Personality: ditzy, accident prone.

Powers:
    1) Teleportation; 100 feet at a time, can be used to displace an intended target causing a huge impact.
    2)Shield; encases Daisy and Josh and anything in between (within reason) 100 feet?
    3)Deafening Screech; Daisy gets enraged, she glows as bright as the sun to confuse, telepathically screeching effectively deafening and disorientatin intended targets, causing severe head pain, slowing victims

Guises:
    1) a raven
    2) a small white dog
    3)Josh's twin.

Hi, this is the fist time I've played, let me know if you want me to change anything! Thanks! Nick

5. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I like your powers and your guises, especially the twin one. You are approved. :)

EDIT: I will put up my first post tomorrow, most likely in the afternoon. Prepare your fingers for typing!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  6. Mike Nemesis

Cool. I'm surprised how quiet the sign up is.

7. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Yeah, some people sent me PM's of their templates, though. They'll be posting soon, don't worry.

8. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Bah i am a sucker for these games....

Magician's Name:
    Taya
    Age (13-16): 15

Personality: Taya is actually an unusual case, as she was born and raised in a clan of Sorcerers, but developed the powers of a Magician. This gives her the odd mix of seductive allure, while combining it with the dangerous predatory side of herself that few have ever seen and been left unscathed.

Appearance: Long black hair that flows down to her ankles, and scalene eyes the color of a stormy sky. Despite her age, she has developed a bit faster than most girls her age, and already has a few noticeable curves. Her clothes consist of strings of beads carved from human or animal molars, a long, flowing white dress with blood-red runes sewn into the hem, and an anklet of bells that chime whenever she moves. She does not wear shoes, and prefers to go barefoot.

Daemon's Name:
    Soka
    Age (100+): 320

Personality: Equal to that of Taya, but far more experienced. Soka is not to be trifled with, and instead seems to be more of a mentor towards Taya than anything -the girl doesn't even tell her what to do. Some even believe that Soka is the reincarnation of the Clan's goddess, and so both are feared.

Powers:
    1)
    Mind-Control
    2) Meta-physical Body (Makes Soka impossible to hit but she can't hit either)
    3) Ice Spear

Guises:
    1)
    White Tiger (Big enough for Taya to ride)
    2) White Cobra (Normal size)
    3) Human Woman (White hair, goddess-like body and similar garb to that of Taya)

9. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

I'm about to put up a post in about five minutes. :)

10. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Magician's Name: Oliver Bale
    Age (13-16): 14
    Personality: Oliver has an air of ambiguity about him, as if he hasn’t quite figured out how he wants to go down into history, but his arrogance precedes him, because he has decided that he will be memorized to begin with. On the one hand he is sly, devious and manipulative. On the other he is cocky, obnoxious and light-hearted. What makes him so ambiguous is his constant flip-flopping between the two extremes. One moment he can be enjoyable company yet the next he might be trying to get under your skin. His motives are often unclear, and whilst he is a very loyal and obedient student, gifted with wisdom beyond his years, some have doubted his allegiance in the past. In his mannerisms, his arrogance is often the first thing people notice. He will take care of things, he will perform the spells that are dangerous to experiment with, he will make sure everything is alright at the end of the day. His teachers value him for his intelligence and wit, but his fellow students more often than not consider him a nuisance because of the same reasons. He always thinks he knows better.
    Appearance: Oliver is a short, diminutive figure. His shoulders tend to be bend inward in a nonchalant shrug, and his straw-blonde, spiky hair is hard to keep flat. There are dimples on both cheeks, revealing themselves whenever Oliver smirks, which he does often. His blue eyes would've disarmed the ladies if he hadn't made as many pesky remarks in their general direction.

Daemon's Name: Dagon.
    Age (100+): 661.
    Personality: Dagon’s personality much mirrors that of Oliver. He too considers himself to be the best at what he does, and he values the same things as Oliver. Speed (leopard), wisdom (owl), and stealth (fox). He too is ambiguous in his character. On the one hand he wishes to rid himself of his young master as soon as possible, he too is arrogant. At the same time, he recognizes his younger, naïve self in Oliver and wishes to steer the boy away from his arrogant nature, to prevent history from repeating itself.
    Powers:
    1) Blitz. (Leopard form) Dagon lunges forward at lightning speed, clawing briefly at several opponents consecutively, meant to distract more than injure.
    2) Mindjack. (Owl form) Dagon combines his mental abilities with that of his young master to penetrate the opponents mind and force them to perform particular actions, or let them relive certain memories. It’s a risky power, for it might render Oliver mad if the opponent is too strong-willed and forces his probe back.
    3) Occlusion. (Fox form) Allows Dagon to hide himself and his master completely from sight, though he can never hide his own shadow.
    Guises:
    1) Leopard.
    2) Black-and-brown owl.
    3) Teumessian fox.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  11. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

MACABERZ!!! Hey dude, I love your char, go ahead and post!

I'm going to post again after everyone has summoned their Daemons...UGHGHGH, I'm bursting with ideas, LOL.

12. Macaberz

Lol, I wasn't expecting that, but I am glad you like him. Now, let's have some fun ^^

13. Keitsumah

go figure -it is a rare thing indeed for you and me to not be in the same rp lol huh Mac? where one goes the other always follow.

I think it's safe to say we are a package deal now :D

btw guys happy Thanksgiving!

14. Macaberz

Haha yeah I know. I suspect Taya and Oliver won't get along that well though, hell, I don't expect Oliver to get along well with anyone for that matter, not even his daemon.

15. Keitsumah

first time i am goign to make a serous attempt at keeping everyone as enemies, rather than freinds

16. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Magician's Name: Charles “Chase” Weiss
    Age (13-16): 16

Personality
    Chase has grown up reading tales of legendary heroes, chivalry, and virtue. He comes from a wealthy and influential family, which has made him somewhat out of touch with the common folk, but he strongly believes it is his duty to help those less fortunate than himself, which is pretty much everyone. He is strong-willed, thoroughly self-righteous, and well-intentioned, but doesn’t know when to quit. Chase sees the world as very black and white, and is on a constant crusade to white out all the black, light all the darkness, and hug away the hate.

Appearance
    Average height and average build, with a somewhat handsome face. He is a fan of sweater vests and slacks. He is blue-eyed with long brunette hair that is usually slicked back. Stays in shape through tennis, fencing, and horseback riding at his family’s estate. Sometimes wears reading glasses, to make himself look smart.

Daemon's Name: Skaaldrannas
    Age (100+): unknown, her tale predates recorded history

Personality
    Long ago, in the time before time, Skaaldrannas, a.k.a. “The Night Maiden,” “Plague Witch of the Void,” “She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named,” was defeated by the legendary hero-knight, Siegnil, who ran his enchanted sword through her black heart and pinned her lifeless corpse to the altar of a ruined cathedral for all to see, ending her thousand year reign of terror. She might be a little bitter about that, but I’m sure she’ll get over it… eventually. In the meantime, hide your babies and puppies, as she may eat and/or kick them.

Powers
    1) Black Death: Skaaldrannas is immune to poison and disease, but carries a deadly plague. Her touch can infect others, causing blindness, internal hemorrhaging, boils on the skin, diarrhea, vomiting, and ultimately death. She is also capable of absorbing illnesses and wounds from others, but probably won’t because she’s evil and whatnot.

2) Black Widow: When in human form, Skaaldrannas can summon up to six phantom limbs. These aren’t stronger than her normal limbs, but, when used in unison, are capable of feats of incredible strength (or incredible multitasking). To most people, this looks like telekinesis but, if observed closely, the phantom limbs are faintly visible.

3) All-Sight: Skaaldrannas’s vision transcends the material plane. Blindfolds and darkness have virtually no effect on her and she is very difficult to sneak up on. By focusing intensely, she sometimes sees vague, prophetic glimpses into the past or future, and can read minor thoughts by staring into a person’s eyes.

Guises
    1) Human: a tall, emaciated woman, with cold, sickly pale skin. She stands just over six feet tall, with stringy black hair that hangs nearly to the floor. Her features are angular and harsh, her teeth are filed to points, and her fingers long, thin and bony. She is always dressed in black, usually a tattered gown conjured from shadows. Her eyes are completely black, with a glowing red ring where the color should be.

2) Bone Dragon: Skaaldrannas was once capable of taking the form of a mighty plague dragon… but not anymore. This form is about the size of a horse, with tattered wings and dry, rotting flesh. She can be ridden, but she’s not as spry as she used to be. In this form, Skaaldrannas is capable of spewing a virulent sludge, infecting others with the plague.

3) Sword: An enchanted longsword, which was broken in half when the hero-knight, Siegnil, slayed her. The blade remained embedded in her heart, while the hilt became a relic, passed down for centuries. Technically, this isn’t a “guise,” because she doesn’t actually transform into the sword, she just possesses it like a spirit. Her wounds and magic recover faster when she is in this dormant form, but the sword itself has no special properties, other than being rustproof and sharp.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  17. AnonyMouse

I can't wait to see where this is going. Unfortunately, I won't be around much today (I'm working until late) or tomorrow (same). But I have my first post written and ready to go, as soon as my characters are approved by the GM.

See ya later. :)

18. Mike Nemesis

Looking forward to RPing with you mouse it's been a couple of years!

19. Macaberz

This game is getting better by the minute :D

20. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Anonymouse...the powers for your Daemon...I can't begin to tell you how much I love them. You really went all out, I love it, so scary. You are APPROVED! Go ahead and post!

Uh, by the way, you guys got a huge Super Daemon rampaging in the Great Library. Might want to check up on that... ;)

21. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Oh, dag nabbit, forgot to post here first to get the character approved... Anyway, here's the character profile:

Magician's Name: Quinn Tolledge
    Age (13-16): 15
    Personality: Cold, calculating, interested only in what interests him.
    Appearance: Tall, lanky, brown wavy hair, brown eyes, minor acne.

Daemon's Name: Cyrus
    Age (100+): 1200
    Personality: Mysterious and hermit-like for the heck of it. Wise and sagely.
    Powers:
    1)5 Hour-future predictions(can foresee the future 5 hours in advance[According to power #2])
    -For example, using what he knows about the characters now, he can accurately and precisely tell what exactly will happen in the next 5 hours if the circumstances are not manipulated enough to stop these things from happening
    2) Present Knowledge
    -Using this, he knows how to pretty much do anything.
    3) Past Knowledge
    Guises:
    1) A bee(he just doesn't use the stinger)
    2) A cricket
    3) A crab

Note: An important thing about Quinn is he has absolutely no physical powers at all. Quinn can be that way sometimes, he wants to make things interesting by putting a hamper on himself, but put himself above everyone else in a different way. He wants to know everything, and using Cyrus, he will.

22. BrandonrockstheAM

Again, I'm really sorry about posting on the RP topic without getting the character approval. Just ignore it if the character isn't accepted. If I made the description of personality too short, then just go to the post I posted on the roleplay topic, I feel it gives a good impression of their personalities.

23. AnonyMouse

@BrandonrockstheAM
    Welcome to the forums! :) Complete omniscience is probably a little too powerful of an ability to have, but that's for the GM to decide. Bewitched will give it the thumbs up or down when he comes around.

Also, I don't want to be "that guy" who goes around critiquing people's posts/chars, but I should mention that Chase was already dragging Sco away, so I doubt Quinn went entirely unnoticed. (But I'm tidying that up in my next post, so don't worry about it. Game on.) :p

@Bewitched
    What happens to a daemon if its magician is killed? The "once together, always together" mantra gives me the impression it doesn't end well for the daemon.

24. BrandonrockstheAM

Dag nabbit. Darned Chase. Anyway, I might be slightly guilty of skipping over his post...

On another point, Quinn's omniscience(and it isn't even omniscience, 5 hours isn't very long) doesn't do much for Quinn. Cyrus has absolutely no physical power at all, and neither does Quinn. They both have been and plan to be bystanders and have been watching the world like a movie their whole lives. Neither wants to stop being the bystander. This is also why Quinn loves novels so much, since they're the only things that interest him, having battles, relatable characters, and emotional conflict. The only reason Quinn wants the 5-hour power is to stay out of harm's way himself. Of course, this is going to develop as the story progresses.

25. Macaberz

But the rub is this, in RP's you can't know what will happen, hell even the GM can't know for sure. As for the past, the only way that could work is if you kept in close touch with everyone about their character's past or you'll risk godmodding the past of other players.

I am not saying it is impossible to pull of, but it might be difficult, and it will be easy to slip up and get in the way of someone else's plans. If you want to do something with time, why not go for a slow-mo power or a time-freeze in which Quinn could still move, but the rest of his environment cannot.

Just a suggestion, ill leave it up to you though.