ORB OF PYRITUS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by losthawken, Feb 3, 2012.

1. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Name: Eslana Forcanus

Appearance: Eslana is a taller woman, standing around 5'10", with long dark red hair with blonde highlights. She has a muscular body, but is still lean and only weighs about 130 pounds. She normally wears a dress that ends just below her knees, which is colored a dark orange with black spots coming up the spine on the back of the dress. Eslana also carries a sword, which is black and made of a lightweight metal with the strength of steel. It has a small gem on it which glows brightly, and sends out vibrations of power that other nearby people with magic can feel (about 5 miles away).

Personality: Eslana is a very confident woman, and she walks with her head held high. Those who meet her say she is a leader, but has no problem demanding her share of a prize. She is also very mysterious, because she tends to disappear, and reappear days or even weeks later. Those on her homeland, Riazka, know her by her deeds. She has slain her share of demons, and has fought in two wars as well as rescued many people from thieves, thugs, and the like.

History: Eslana does not share much personal history with those she meets, but she tells people her parents were killed in the mountains, and she was the only survivor. After growing up and learning skills, such as fighting, she began using her skills for good. She began her heroics by overthrowing a tyrant king, and the people awarded her with the small kingdom. After that, she used both her position and skills to ally herself in wars, leading the charge and always becoming the victor. Eventually, she had a sword made for herself, and gave up her kingdom to go into hiding, where some say she enchanted her sword with the gem that swirls with black and white.

Powers/Equipment: Powers will be revealed!

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Sorry I missed this question earlier. General Forum rules for profanity apply. I.e. just keep it respectful to other forum members.

3. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

@losthawken: Thanks! "Limited swearing" works for me. I'll make sure to use it only when necessary.

4. Areadrill

Areadrill New Member

Character Profile: Faramar

Name: Faramar

Appearance: Faramar has the appearance of a regular human being, albeit, his race, the Trael, are born with wings (feathered wings, not like the wings on an insect), guills, and a tail (like a monkey's tail). He has short, light brown hair, and completely white eyes. Faramar has a very strong physique and usually wears only black pants, with a brown leather belt holding them. Lastly, he wields a two-handed sword called Jor'Reda (which will be further described in the equipment section).

Personality: Faramar is a proud, but humble warrior. He was taught by his ancestors to always be aware of danger, but to be willing to help his fellow kinsmen.

History: Faramar comes from the world of Gharr'tash, where his race, the Trael have fought off several invaders from other worlds, who wish to conquer theirs. In this world, the predominant colors are red, orange and black, as the sky is tainted with gases coming from volcano-like structures and the oceans are darkened by the creatures that live in it. His race chooses to live mostly on land, but some prefer to live in houses undewater, or in floating islands in the sky, as they they they are more attuned with their natural skills. Faramar was born from royalty and started to train to be a warrior, a champion among his fellow kinsmen, since he displayed uncommon intelligence and strength. The Trael live for more time than any of them bothered to keep track of, so he never knew the concept of age or death.
    After some time (maybe decades, maybe centuries) he was chosen as the keeper of peace, Jor'tash in his planet and was granted the sword that was wielded by all peace-keepers before him, Jor'Reda, which was crafted from an unbreakable ore called Gharr'fash. This ore's main characteristic is that, although it is unbreakable, it is very light and can easily be formed into the shape desired by the crafter. He has slain countless beasts with this sword, which spawn within his world and come out with no other intent but destruction. Currently, he is also the head instructor at the military academy of Gharr'Tash.

Powers/Equipment : He can use his wings to fly at astonishing speeds, his tail is a very strong limb, which can clench objects with unbelievable force. He can switch between his lungs and his guills to breathe, which grants him the ability to move freely in or out of water. As I already mentioned, he wields his sword Jor'Reda, the peace striker, which has a long silver colored handle, an "H" guard, with light blue jewels incrusted at each end, and a 2,5 meter blade, making the sword 3 meters tall.

This looks interesting but it's late now and I can only start my story tomorrow... Darn!

5. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Yes, more people! ^.^

In case you're wondering, I left the end of my most recent post intentionally unfinished, just to provide an opportunity for any of you eager beavers to hop in and make things interesting. Slaying a dragon is cool in itself, but so much more gripping when something random pops out of nowhere and alters the situation.

6. Exclusive

Exclusive Member

Name: Thatratar, Sword of Kingdoms

Appearance: Five feet tall from blade to the beginning of the hilt; six feet tall altogether. Thatratar is uniformly colored teal from blade to hilt (with the exception of the crest of the hilt which bears an extravagant, golden insignia). The "point" of the blade is actually round and smooth.

Personality: Thatratar is a sentient sword that is obsessed with crafting new forms of architecture that pays homage to its own greatness. It usually does this through the possession of susceptible creatures while they "dream" or, on occasion, a live pact. It is void of human emotion and only thrives off of its decadent motivation.

History: A teal longsword crafted completely from an otherworldly meteorite during the Paleozoic Era, Thatratar was once the "omni-directional sword" of the guardian of the Garden of Eden. It was said that it could end the existence of every single life in the universe with a single slash. However, Thatratar was exiled and stripped of most of its properties as punishment for the manipulation of Abel's brother, Cain. It was also demoted to the ranks of the "fallen angels". During it's lifetime, Thatratar possessed creatures (human and otherwise) and inanimate objects alike to sculpt to the point of the possessed one's malnourishment... creating some of Earth's most incredible architectural wonders at the cost of millions of lives and capitol. It yearns to return to it's former glory, though, and the only vehicle which can get it there is through "possession" of The Orb. It simply needs to get close.

Powers/Equipment (Currently)
    Omniscience (the ability to perceive anything and everything that occurs throughout the universe at all times)
    Omni-lingualism (speaks and translates any and all currently known languages; learns new languages as quickly as it's inventors)
    Supreme Durability
    Astral Projection
    Illusion
    Possession (temporarily; even of inanimate objects)
    Life Siphoning (can lengthen its own lifespan by siphoning the life force of it's current owner and only with the owner's "permission"; making them regress in age)
    Strength Augmentation (can temporarily augment the strength and endurance of any person it chooses from at least three-times more than normal)

Powers/Equipment Before Divine Punishment: In addition to it's current abilities...
    Omnipresence (upon unsheathing; the ability for it's blade to occupy any and all spaces in existence at all times... it's what makes it the legendary "omni-directional sword")
    Fire Manipulation
    Light Manipulation
    Ice Manipulation
    Hypnosis
    Invulnerability
    Summoning (can summon any and every previous "owner" from whichever plane of existence they may currently be in)
    Shape-shifting (can change its own size, number and shape as it sees fit)
    Telekinesis
    Transubstantiation (can change it's owner into a being of it's own choosing upon wielding, limited only by their own imaginations)

7. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Ha, Dragons! Reminds me the good ol' D&D games I used to participate in when I was younger. This just gets better and better.

I think I'll wait to see if anyone else intervenes before I do something again so soon.

8. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Uhm, just a question. Doesn't this go against one of the game rules:

That's an extremely long list of powers, basically making your character invincible. I suppose it may not apply since your character is a sword, but please try for balance. You've basically recreated the orb right there. :p

9. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

He sounds like a troll to me...

10. Exclusive

Exclusive Member

Why can't I post messages!!

11. Exclusive

Exclusive Member

This is frustrating, I'm trying to post messages but it won't let me. Sorry for the double post.

12. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Following up on Cheddar's comment about Thatratar, I think that the latter list of abilities are ones that Thatratar no longer possesses. Correct me if I'm wrong, Exclusive; that's just how I read it.

Even though Omniscience is on the list of its current powers, I feel like it is ok, as long as it is somewhat kept in check. Keep things in balance and I'm sure it's fine.

FM, who sounds like a troll?

13. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Sorry, double post.

EDIT: Wait, what's wrong, Exclusive? Post messages where?

14. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Thanks for saying something. My eyes just decided to skip right over the space, and focused on the bold letters. My mistake.

My apologies for falsely accusing you, Exclusive!

1 person likes this.
  15. Exclusive

Exclusive Member

Yes, thank you. This was the gist of the post I was trying to write.

16. Exclusive

Exclusive Member

De nada. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to have fun with this...

17. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Looks SO fun, can't wait to play! :)

Name: Leila Scarlet

Appearance: Leila is about 5'6. Has long light brown hair parted in the middle that's slightly wavy and always messy and tangled. Her skin is tanned, showing years under the suns. Has a skinny build, but very muscular, especially in her legs. Her eyes are a deep green.
    She can be seen wearing clothing that she's stripped off poor souls: Tight black pants, fur boots that lace up to the knee, an off-white tunic, and a brown leather aviator jacket that's seen many a war.

Personality: Bitterness and resentment rule Leila's life, revealing the scars of her childhood. Thinks only of herself and what can benefit her. Doesn't trust people, yet chuckles when people trust her. A good listener and has gained much knowledge through being present but not seen. Cunning, and a quick thinker in situations.

History: Was abandoned by her mother in the dusty market streets of her planet when she was only 2. A kind family took the screaming toddler into their home, but growing up Leila secretly hated her "family". Arrogant, quirky, and plain too logical for her taste. So, she ran away at the age of 13. Since having only her knife and some stale bread, Leila had to learn to sustain herself by stealing. She proved to be a worthy pick-pocket...and a fast runner too.

Powers/Equipment: Leila has a tan messenger bag in which she keeps her precious treasures that she uses to survive. A grappling hook and rope, her knife, mess kit, and recently acquired solar energy gun. Since living on a desert planet, she doesn't seem to have any powers, but has heard of people possessing them.

18. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

Lets see if this other Sentient Blade is a match for the First Edge... should be interesting. Also forgot to mention, my character Drake is wearing a tattered old brown robe, stained with blood and other things, underneath however he wears Lightfoot Dragon Armour, a mix of crimson and black, it's design allows it to be easily concealed. He used to be a scout, last squad member before he was forced into an active role as leader of Burnt.

19. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

Character Template: Pyree Lasstor

Name: Pyree Lasstor

Appearance Humanoid: Pyree keeps her black hair short, roughly 6cm on top and grading down to 2cm on the sides and back of her head. Her friends still jest at her stick-like frame which no reasonable amount of physical training seemed to alter. She wears her standard piloting gear, a grey and black form-fitting environment suit padded for impacts. She smiles frequently and cynically.

Personality: Pyree let her age show in more than her years; curiosity faded to skepticism, and desire was quickly swapped out for willpower. She is naturally shy, and soft-spoken, often leaning toward the path of least resistance. In her experience, however, anything that inhibits a quick decision is a liability leading her to be judgmental and narrow minded.

History: Pyree comes from a space faring society where many planets have been explored, but very few have been colonized. In her dimension, mankind had only recently discovered that gravity was not a constant and instead a variable easily manipulated by advanced mathematics. She, as a psychic pilot, was trained to travel faster than the speed of light. With her aptitude measured at a young age, her parents sent her to school for elective psychic conditioning, where she learned how to manipulate ships and their mysterious power sources. After school, she went straight to work for a small enterprise that delivers medicines and supplies to colonies throughout the galaxy.

Powers/Equipment: Pyree's piloting suit is geared toward mobility and survivability. She carries a heat based cutting tool and a personal calculator. Without any formal weapons training she is defenseless. However, disguised as a small adornment on her wrist she carries a portable energy core that, through her training, allows her to travel short distances instantaneously. The core has a maximum capacity of 20 space-time threads.

** I remember seeing a gun toting corporal on the cast list, but no futuristic character sets. Sounds fun. **

20. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

i apologize for my editing, its just i hate word errors in my writing, i always misspell stuff, lol. Besides i thought it would be better, if Magnafire helped slay a dragon. Not what Blade Edge expected but then the sword aint complaining.

21. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

Wow, I love a lot of your guys' pieces.
    My character has a bit of a teleportation ability, and I was wondering if anyone was in a teamwork sort of mood. I might be able to get along CCheese man and his corporal. Either that, or I could inadvertently stumble upon the sword of kingdoms. It might be kinda strange giving my weak-ass spacer a sword of ultimate power etc... Anyone have thoughts one way or another?

22. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

You can if you wish join the party thats slaying a dragon. Two fire fuelled swords, and a rather angry dragon... what not to like!

Oh and I'm very forgetful both with writing and rules, I forgot i needed to bold speech, i normally take my time with a post, but at the time I was busy, so I was hurrying a bit. I'm free now though.

And I meant scald not scold, easy mistake to make.

23. GaleSkies

GaleSkies Active Member

Normally, I'd be all for it, but that section of the story is looking a little crowded. Like they say, "two is company, three's a crowd."

24. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

I wonder if Atlas' pea shooters would even be effective against a dragon. Maybe Langer's FGM Javelin would do the trick...
    On another note, I think I've made first contact!

Also, a question. How are we to effectively engage in a conversation with another peer? Do we just write conversational short posts? Or do we collaborate through here/PM?

25. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

True, but you seem to be caught up in your own little predictment. I'd rather fight a Dragon over a snake, mainly because a large snake like that is no doubt fast and very hungry, probably faster than the dragon too. Good luck.