ORB OF PYRITUS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by losthawken, Feb 3, 2012.

1. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Bella just joined the fight against the ghouls. Not knowing quite where everyone is, she cast her weave around the various fighting factions taking out some of this seemingly endless tide drifting through the woods, hoping to quell the spread. Dragon fire is nothing to play around with. She is pretty close to spent.

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Hi everyone, sorry for my absence. Orb will continue, but till things settle down its going to be at a slower pace. There are lots of other exciting things going on in the Forum at the moment that are keeping me busy not to mention craziness in the real world. I'm seeing the Orb as a game that will pick up when things are slow on the RPG and slow down when there are lots of other games going.

@Magnan keep up the good work on your part of the story! We'll integrate the two story lines eventually :)

3. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

I'll do my best, although with Uni next week, and the promoting of my novel in progress grey Watch the gathering. I'm being very busy. And when it comes to publishing the story look out for someone named Wilde, it's Tom's grandfather.

4. Foolman

Foolman New Member

Name: Terak 'Fool' Scizid

Appearance: Leathery, raven-coloured skin, that clings to him and is ridged at all segments of his body, creating the illusion that it is merely tight and rough clothing he is wearing.
    His face seems lifeless and almost hollow as if empty of emotion and feeling, absorbing light and feeling in the few centimetres around it.
    His hands are ridged and callous on the udnerside with almost a 360 degree spread of 7 fingers per hand. Each finger and toe is adorned by 5cm long claws resembling black ice shards.
    Worn and scaled black "wings" (if you could call them that) jar boldly from his two jutting-out shoulder blades. They have patches of thin veils than are transluscent and uneven, as if scars of injuries long forgotten.
    Thick, dense muscles, with the composition of stone leech onto him all over his limbs and body, and slashes and lines of blood-red scars cover his sleek black body showing his veterancy in combat and adding the only non-black colour shade of his appearance.
    His breathing feature appears to be a variety of different sized slits in adjusted places on his face, that vibrate slightly as they barely open and close with each breath intake.
    His eyes are pure black and yet seem to entrance and slightly glow in the sun.

Personality: Hostile and assuming. He often assesses combat targets or dangerous situations for days on end before attacking, evaluating weaknesses, strategy and environment of his enemies. He can think on his feet and though he is capable of feeling positive emotion he has long since extinct it with suppression, seeing it as a weakness.

History: His species are called the Kazarati, predominantly made up of vile, old and heartless beings who are easily the alpha predator of their world due to their rapid adaptions and ruthless massacre and focused hunt of any other threatening predators. Foolman himself started off his life scraping survival and having everything positive in his life ripped away from him. As with all in his species, he was left with the 70 or so other spawn of his parents in a fight to the death. This evolutionary tactic means that even from the start only the most well adapted are able to continue past the early development. He was able to beat his fellow brothers and sisters and escape the harsh, barely habitable crag that all Kazarati are born in. Later in his life, he had his settlement destroyed, and was captured and starved to within an inch of his life by one of the sects of a notorious bandit group of his own race, spending 10 years on the border of life and death. It was only when disease killed the leader of the group he was enslaved by, and fights broke out among them over who should take the lead role that he was able to overpower one captor that guarded him alone for a night. He immediately took off from the group and never looked back. His captivity had weakened his physical state and his recovery was slow, but it made him stronger in the long run, he was able to survive longer without food whilst maintaining and focusing his strength, and his mental state was more atuned to his environment and to the important of his decisions. The average lifespan of his species is 500 years.

Powers/Equipment: Flight (albeit usually shortish-ranged), Nightvision level of sight in darkness, Enhanced survival through hunger and thirst, Resistant to cold, Lizard-like agility and reflexes. Can absorb light not produced by the sun (light from man-made lights, fire, explosions) in a 10 or 20 metre radius.

5. losthawken

Sweet character FoolMan! Unfortunately, Orb is in a bit of a slump at the moment. I'll revive it here shortly, but right now I'm just trying to catch up with my Mod responsibilities that have piled up since my sudden absence. Please jump in when things pick up and don't hesitate to join in some of the other games that are active or starting up!

6. Foolman

Foolman New Member

Ah, okay, I may try migrate my char to some other appropriate rp, took me a while to refine. Alternately if Orb does pick up soon I'd love you to message me, though I will check back periodically.Thanks for your assisstance :)

7. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

I'm also going to be preoccupied with my creative writing university course. Feel free to use my characters if needed Lost.

8. Koopman

Koopman New Member

I'm getting rather bored with this RPG, I'm waiting for someone to challenge my idea's, totally demolish the path I want to take so that I have to think creatively to get back on track. So, as to why I've been ''absent''. I'm just waiting for a few more posts before I write something new and hopefully I will be challenged.

9. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

Well so was I, truthfully University is my priority now, so it would be difficult for me to post.

10. Dras

Dras Active Member

Hey everyone, this is actually Morvane here. Somehow I could never get the site to work on my computer and it has taken this long for me to get it working again. But by that time I couldn't get into my account anymore. And so......... I have created a new one, based on my favorite creation :). I know this is abrupt and I'm terribly sorry :cry: but I was wondering....... Could I possibly join back in? I have a fantastic comeback post I'm drafting up right now. If you guys will accept me.......

11. losthawken

WE would totally accept you! ... If the game were active :( Sadly, I had to put the game down to focus on finishing Grad-School. I hope to be able to re-start it around July, after I move to Boston.

12. Dras

Dras Active Member

Great :). Send me a PM when you get it started again. I'll keep refining Dras and Lan's comeback, Somewhere along the lines that involves that evil priestess :D. Thx for welcoming me back

13. losthawken

Indeed, there a lot of good games going right now and a shortage of members! Glad to have you!