Out of Their Minds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Charisma, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Micheal listened to the distraught voice outside. He grinned ruthfully.

Poor woman. She though she killed him. Her pain and worry would normally send laughter and chills to Micheal's body. But today for some reason he felt different. He felt something very different.

He heard an orderly walk up and ask the poor girl what had happened. Micheal closed his eyes and focosed his mind, trying to see if he could sense who it was.

Ahh, it was her. The Doctor. She was so clever. Clever. Clever. Clever. For so long she had dodged everything he had thrown at her. No amount of faking sick, acting scared, or anything would allow him to get to her, cause some trouble. That's what he loved to do, cause trouble.

Oh this was a good time to cause some trouble.

He jumped up off of his cot and looked through the little slot that was his window to the outside. He could see the unconcious Kevin on the ground, surrounded by a posse.

All he had was a small cut on his fore-head.

Bah, he'll live. The cut was nothing. He was faking being hurt anyhow. Micheal sould sense that much.

"Get up you little faker, no one's buying it," Micheal said tauntingly through the slot. Everyon turned their heads and looked. Kevin didn't move.

"Yeah, that's right," Micheal said still adressing Kevin, "Your little act was convincing enough. But I'll tell you what, you don't get up in a few seconds I'll show you four different ways to really put someone in a coma."

Kevin jerked up and ran down the hallway. Then the woman, Olena, she switched. As Micheal felt her mind just sort of, slip. God it was so amazing! He still didn't understand it fully. No longer was it Olena, it was Vira.

"YOU LITTLE BASTARD! I'LL SHOW YOU SEVEN WAYS TO PUT YOU IN A COMA!!"

She ran off in the hallway after Kevin. Micheal chuckled. The doctor stood up and turned to him.

"Why do you have to be such an instigator Micheal?"

Micheal laughed out loud.

"Never mind that. Let me ask you something, something very important."

She rolled her eyes.

"Yes?"

Micheal beckoned for her to come closer. She took only a single step. God she was so clever!

"I'm staying right here Micheal."

Micheal grinned a toothy smile.

"Your really smart Doctor. You are alway prepared for me, always! I haven't been able to lay a finger on you. But, if your so smart, how come you let him hurt you? Hmmm?"

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Mortimer stopped in his tracks. He looked up and saw a normal looking young man standing there. Mortimer felt a flurry of anger sprout up from within him. Charging the door he slammed the entire weight of his body on it. He continued slamming it and snapping his teeth like an angry dog.
    "You sunuvabitch! You goddamned f***ing pig! I know who you are! Satan! You want to lead me to temptation. You want me to burn forever in Hell! Your tricks won't do any f***ing good! None! Your demon has left my home, and soon so shall you, pig!"

3. Klee

Klee New Member

Noah frowned and sighed. "Well, I was gonna let you out anyway, but if you're gonna act like that maybe I should ask that they give you a shot. Oh look! Here comes Brenda!"

He turned again to the little window, smirking evilly at the man, his face distorted into rage. "Look behind you, I think your little friend is back." It wasn't true of course, Noah himself couldn't see it, but it would be fun seeing this guy groveling for help.

4. ValianceInEnd

"AW F***!" screamed Mortimer, not wanting to turn around and face that demon again, "Good Jesus Mortimer man! Let me outta here! Oh God, it's back!"
    He could feel it sliding across the floor towards him, ready to grab him and pull him into the darkness.
    "OPEN THE DAMN F***ING DOOR! PLEASE GODDAMMIT!"

5. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Micheal turned and sawa man, Noah, teasing some Mortimer. Out of all the people here Micheal pitied Mortimer more than anyone. And Micheal didn't pity much.

"Hey you little ****. What you doing there?"

Noah turned and saw him, with a lock on his door.

"Aww, poor Micheal locked away now?"

Micheal grinned. He grinned so large Noah gulped.

"Not for long. I figure after a weeks worth of good behavior ought to do. Then I'm coming for you."

6. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor sat quietly in his room and counted down from 50.

50, 49, 48, 47 The door locked with a gentle click.

46, 45, 44, 43 He could feel the orderly’s stare through that slit in the door they didn’t think he knew about.

42, 41, 40, 39 The scratchy sound of a match against the door.

38, 37, 36, 35 The faint smell of a freshly lit cigarette.

Gregor waited patiently and kept counting.

11, 10, 9, 8 The soft crush of a cigarette underneath a shoe.

7,6,5,4 The pained sigh of a man returning to a job he hates.

3,2,1, 0 The squeak of rubber soles walking away.

Gregor smiled and pulled the card from his waistband. Carefully he folded it, sharpening the crease until the point was as sharp as he could get it. He reached into his hiding spot and carefully slid the card over the sharpened toothbrush he had been working on. Gregor rolled up his pants leg and tried the makeshift blade. A thin bloody line appeared across his thigh. He looked out his small window into the yard. “Soon, I’ll make you all better.”

7. ValianceInEnd

Mortimer forced a smile on to his face.
    "Micheal, tell this little f*** to open my damn door. Do it now, and quickly please!"
    He started laughing uncontrollably like a school girl, then shifted back to complete terror.
    "Oh God, I'm gonna f***ing die!"
    He started laughing again, nervously this time...

8. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Micheal woke up. He looked around. None of it had...damn.

He shouldn't let his mind wander before he goes to sleep. Because it continues to wander. Why was he asleep?

Micheal laughed. They drugged him. They DRUGGED HIM. He shouldn't let that happpen. Because then, there's no trouble to cause!

9. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Vira looked around.
    "Where in the heck am I supposed to be?" She said aloud, dragging out the "where am I" question as far as it would go. She was hungry, but she wasn't worried about being "lost". She didn't care how she got here, she wasn't crazy - she knew that for a fact, and thinking about these strange things made her feel insane. So she calculated prime numbers in her head and headed for the caffeteria.

10. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Micheal got up and looked under his bed. He cussed and through the mattress down.

She had found his stash of "toys". No more blades, no more nails.

Micheal walked up and tried the door to his room. Locked.

Now he was bored. And when Micheal got bored, he wasn't bored for long.

11. GuitarSolo

GuitarSolo New Member

Then he sensed her walking by. He had no time to lose.

"Hey, HEY!," He yelled as he jumped up to his door,"Vira, hold on."

The woman turned around.

12. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"What?" She asked, cold and flat.

13. Klee

Klee New Member

Noah knocked on the little window to get Mortimer's attention. "Hey, if I let you out, what are you going to do?" He had more sense than starting a murderous spree by an unstable patient.

14. ValianceInEnd

"Anything for you!" begged Mortimer, "You can't let me stay in here. F***, I'll do anything!"
    Mortimer laughed nervously. He just wet his pants.

15. Klee

Klee New Member

Noah walked away for a moment and Mortimer's screams and laughter got louder. Jeez, this guy, he was just going to get the key.

"You'll do what I say, okay?" He put the key on the lock, but didn't open it yet.

16. ValianceInEnd

Mortimer smiled, openly, but mostly to himself. He heard the key slide into the lock. His eyes glinted downward, he could almost hear the sound of the hinges swinging open. He looked up, right into the face of the young kid.
    "I might do anything, or maybe I'll save you," his grin stretched, "I am Jesus, or something like that, after all. I can give you anything." He giggled again, like a schoolgirl.

17. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"C'mon, you stopped me. Whatdyawant?" Vira asked again, because Michael wasn't saying a word.

18. Klee

Klee New Member

Noah unlocked the door and swung it open. Just as Mortimer took a few steps out, a male nurse pushed him back inside.

"Hey! What are you doing! I just-" His words were cut off as another nurse grabbed him and let Dr. Brenda stick a needle in his arm.

"You're gonna be okay, Noah. We're gonna take you to your room."

Noah felt drowsy as he slumped against the nurse. Apparently Morty was still struggling with the male nurse as Dr. Brenda went in to stick a new needle in him too. 'D-damn, mom's gonna have my ass now...' he thought.

19. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor was in the game room again. He didn't remember the orderly taking him out. A shiver of raw panic stabbed at his gut. The tool?! No, it was safe. He remembered putting it away. The cards were already dealt. He had two pair, jacks and kings. The one across from him was bluffing. He could tell from the way that third eye was twitching.

"This is going to be easy," he said.

20. Bick

Bick New Member

Sky looked at the blocks angrily, her hands had stopped shaking. They were perfect once more. She wanted nothing more then to try and make her castle again, but she knew that possibility was low. She looked back at the container behind it. It was an imperfect square, and stacking the blocks in there perfectly would take hours. Hours she didn’t want to waste, hours she knew would make her look insane she continually dumped them out and started over again. She looked up at the orderly with pleading eyes. She knew what he wanted, but it all mattered on what mood he was in.

He gave her a pat on the head, and walked past her with his wrinkled shirt. He kneeled down and began putting the blocks in the container. She ran off, towards the man at the table. She couldn’t bare to watch the imperfect job of the orderly putting the blocks in the container, the thought sent shivers down her back. She looked at Gregor, and gave him a weak smile. She was sure he hadn’t taken notice until she took one of the seats across from him.

“Can I play?” she asked in the sweetest voice she could muster, as her left eye gave a violent twitch.

21. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

The orderly watched as Gregor Handel sat alone at the table playing cards with people only he could see. He felt bad for the guy. The sympathy vanished as he realized it was time for another cigarette.

“So as I was saying,” said Gregor to the player across from him , “ the patient is having trouble spending money. What’s that? Oh no, it’s the opposite. She is afraid she’s becoming a miser. Well that is interesting. Yes I agree the brain does control our actions. Exactly … you see this is why I talk to you. Everyone else is so busy giving out pills that they don’t consider the obvious.” Gregor reached across the table and shook his opponent’s claw. “Brain surgery it is.”

Gregor turned to the girl who nearly sat on Dr. Klesps. Fortunately he was able to hop out of the way just in time. That's the problem with being invisible, mused Gregor, people might sit on you. As Dr. Klesps seemed content to float next to the young lady, there was no need to make an ssue of it. "Of course my dear," said Gregor, "Let me deal you in. By the way, I'd keep your cards well covered, a collegue of mind is floating over your right shoulder. He's invisible to everyone but me." Gregor leaned in and whispered. "Be careful, he likes to cheat."

22. ValianceInEnd

Mortimer sat in the darkness of his cell, cursing and mumbling to himself. That guy had almost got him out, he was almost free. But that f***ing guy in the white pushed him back in. If he had been out for just a bit longer, he could have strangled the man. Taken his life for God...

23. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye took the cards as he handed them out, looking back for the supposed man behind her. She smiled at Gregor, and moved the cards around in her hands. She sorted through them until she had them perfectly done, as the man continued to talk.

“Can we play go fish?” asked finally, as her eye gave a violent twitch.

“I’ll kill you!” her voice rang out. She looked at him with apologetic eyes, “I don’t know how to play any other card games.”

(Sorry Rumo :x Short, but I'm having eye problems atm.)

24. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Fish? Go Fish? What do you think Dr. Klesps?" Gregor smiled. "That's very sporting of you, besides I think we both knew you were bluffing. Yes, go fish is fine. SHall I deal?"

As they played, Gregor turned to Sky and said, "You know I can help you, if you want."

(No problem Bick, we can pick this up later when you're feeling more up to it.)

25. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye looked at him quizzically, but quickly turned her gaze back to her cards. Her left eye gave a twitch, as moved her cards around evening them back up.

“Do you have any sevens?” she asked, looking at Gregor.

“Go fish.” He said. She picked a card from the pile, and added it to her own hand.

“What did you mean, you could help me?” she asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.