Out of Their Minds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Charisma, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor held his card close to his chest. Dr. Klesps was floating a bit higher than normal and trying to see the cards. It was a small price to pay for Klesps' advice, but it got annoying after a while. The floating Dr. nudged Gregor, repeating Sky's question.

"Oh! I am so sorry," said Gregor with a huge smile. "I am a surgeon. Seriously, I am. I'm here by mistake. Sooner or later, they'll realize it and set me free. While, I'm here I might as well be useful. Dr. Klesps and I have done some marvelous work solving all sorts of problems. You see the brain controls everything, so if you cut deep enough into the brain you can remove the faulty part. You just need to know where to cut and how deep. So ... what can I do for you?"

2. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye smiled, and looked in the direction she supposed his invisible friend was in.

“No thanks doctor, I’d much rather take my medications and be a good girl.” She looked over at the invisible friend of his.

“Is he playing too, that other doctor?” Her eye gave a violent twitch.

3. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor nodded but made a mental note to find out more about her. Who knows maybe she'd change her mind? Many did.

He frowned as he considered her question. Klesps hadn't played in nearly five rounds which was very unusual. He looked over at his floating friend who put up a hand and shook his head. Gregor nodded and looked over at Skye. "I think the good doctor perfers to sit this one out. It sometimes takes him a while to warm up to people -" Gregor's head whipped around violently. "I did not insult you Klesps! It's true! Well if it isn't why aren't you playing? Huh? Oh, I never knew you had carpal tunnel. Sorry old man."

"Dr. Handel" turned back to Skye. "His carpel tunnel is acting up lately, I didn't know. So why are you here?"

4. Bick

Bick New Member

She looked back at the invisible man, “I’m actually sick.” She said. Her eye gave a twitch.

“Apples on a stick!” her voice bellowed. Her cheeks turned red , but she quickly ignored it.

“Have any queens?”

The doctor shook his head and she fished for a card from the pile, quickly putting it in her hand.

“I’ve got OCD,” she said, “Or at least that’s what they say. I don’t find it too bad.” She lied. Biting her tongue and looking at the spot on the wall. She eyed it and quickly turned back.

“I’ve got Tourettes as well.” She said, just as her eye gave a twitch. She pointed at her eye and gave a weak smile, "They say I have Insomnia, but what's the problem with that? Who needs sleep anyways."

“So doctor, how many people have you helped?”

5. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Seven," said Gregor quickly. He leaned in close. "Seven that they know about, but I have clients all around the state and even a few in other states. Some of my patients demand anonymity. They are so serious about it, a few didn't even know who I was. I helped them all one way or another. Some .... just required more drastic measures. But isn't that what medicine is all about. Taking chances, pushing boundaries, .... some losses are inevitable.

"Tell me Skye, do you get along with the Doctor here? Oh what's her name? Klesps do you remember? Klesps? Hrum, what a time to take a nap."

6. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Glenny smacked at his nurse' hands as she led him out of his bedroom and into the hall. Everyone had already begun busy days it seemed, patients and doctors alike.

Glenny turned around constantly looking for his favorite doctor Francine, and hope she'd be somewhere close by. When they got to the long cafeteria hall, he saw bunches of people, and one he didn't recognize. He fought with himself to join them, but remebered how many people in the hospital avoided him, and the way they'd withdrawn even more recently.

The nurse handed him a bag of Doritos, and forced him into a chair where he sat and stared at all the minglers.

7. Bick

Bick New Member

She didn’t say much about his answer, just fiddled with her cards as he went on asking his question. Her eyes were elsewhere, as she stared at the orderly and his shirt. He wasn’t normally a slob, but today she wanted nothing more then to tear him apart for wearing that shirt. She thought he had more respect for himself then that. The orderly looked her way with shake of the head, and she quickly turned away.

She turned back the Gregor and placed her cards back onto the table.

“Miss Francine is very nice, but I don’t like her drugs.” She said with a whisper, “I especially don’t like her sleeping drugs. I hate those more then anything.” her eye gave a violent twitch, sending her left arm forward just slightly with it.

She looked both at Gregor, and the invisible man and gave them both a gentle nod.

“Gregor, Kleps.” She said, standing up from her seat, “I’ve got something I need to do.” She walked towards the orderly, sitting on the arm of the chair he sat at. He looked up at her.

“Jason. Were you late this morning?” she asked trying to appear as if she was making small talk. Something she was never really good at.

“Yes, actually.” He said, looking at her with a raised eyebrow, “How’d you know Miss Skye?”

She looked at his shirt, sending a jolt of annoyance through her body.

“Oh, just a lucky guess.” She said with a smile, “Would you help me to my room Jason?”

“Of course Miss Skye.” He said, looking back at Gregor, as he rose from his seat. She stood in front of him, and instantly jumped at his shoulders. She grabbed both sides of the top of his shirt and pulled down with all her might, and the noise of the tearing material was heard as she landed to the ground. His shirt fell down lightly as he grabbed her by the wrists. She fought as a nurse came at her with needle, sending her fury into tangible sleepiness.

Her eye gave a twitch as she was ushered from the room, “I’ll f***ing kill you!” her voice echoed through the halls.

8. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor smoothed out his shirt and ignored the three tears. He queitly sat down and scooped up his cards. He looked across at the spot where Skye had been sitting and smiled. "Ah Dr. Klesps, I see you're awake. WOuld you care for a game of cards?" Gregor nodded and began to deal. "I agree," Gregor said, "perhaps we could be helpful to Ms. Skye."

9. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Mortimer lay asleep, mumbling all the while quite audibly. His arm grew cold, and rather numb. Slightly stirring, he muttered something about F***ing Dogs and tried to go back to sleep. Suddenly his arm was pushed, and grew ice cold, as if it were frozen. He jerked up and looked over to see the creature again. This time, he calmly observed it, then smiled.
    "You crazy bones mother f***er," he giggled.
    "Mortimer, we need you... we need you to help us," it said to him in a rather regal tone.
    "Heh, f*** you old man. I don't do sh*t, well can't do sh*t anyways. I ain't going f***ing nowhere. Not in this f***ing cell."

10. starsailor

starsailor New Member

As i am walking back to my room i hear Mortimer cursing at the top of his lungs,i head towards his room to see what the problem is.

(sorry for the short post)

11. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

My eyes opened to reveal a dark room with just a meager lamp hanging in front of me. Someone then grabbed my head and slipped a cloth over my eyes. I groaned and kicked my feet but I realized my hands and feet were tied to the chair, confined to vibration only. When I tried rocking the chair some one held the chair from behind. I was blindfolded the moment I awoke, no doubt, and couldn’t hear much except the tapping of foot.

I just remembered standing in the hallway, trying to deal with Vira. She turned away in disgust, and I even stopped Michael coming from far, put then a cold and clammy hand blocked my mouth. I tried to wave to Michael, but he wasn’t looking at me. Both my patients didn’t realize when the kidnapper ambushed me and sneaked out of the hall.

“What’s the meaning of this? My patients need me!”
    I cried, struggling against the oblivion and silence of my senses.

“Your patients don’t need you yet. I have their arrangements done. Your schizophrenics are struggling against their own imaginations while Vira and Michael are just making small talk. For them, at least, it is small talk.”
    I was electrified. The voice was familiar.

“John?!”
    “Oh yeah, that’s me. Sorry about the uncomfortable position, but that’s how it is.”
    “What the hell do you mean by this?”
    “Just wanted to remind you – you’re not just a psychiatrist, you’re working for the military. So do your job before Friday.”
    With that, I felt a bat hit my head, at which I was once more plunged into unconsciousness.

“Oh my God, Francine – are you alright?”
    I woke up slowly, opening my small eyes to witness Brenda holding my hand as a doctor checked my temperature.
    “I think so.”
    “What happened?”
    I opened my mouth to talk about it, but then remembered the terms of our contract. Number one – secrecy.

“Don’t know.”
    I grimaced as the pain of being hit reached out my nerves once again, but managed to ask:
    “What do you know?”
    “I found you lying unconscious on the floor in your office.”
    The mention of my office reminded me of Vira and Michael.

“How long has it been since I saw you?”
    The question was stupid, but Brenda answered anyway.
    “Twenty minutes.”
    I then sat up, my heart looping in terror.
    “What about Vira and Michael?”
    “Vira? You mean Olena is in her form right now?”
    “Yes.”
    I spoke in a low voice, and then jumped out of my bed.
    “Francine, wait!”
    Brenda called out and so did the doctor, but I hurried to the psychiatric ward, into aisle five and saw Vira and Michael together. Funny, they were still talking?
    “Michael,” I began, sweating profusely, “come here.”

12. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

The cell door swung open, and Mortimer eyed it greedily. He looked over at the creature, but it was gone, again. Smiling with all his teeth showing Mortimer stepped out into the hall and looked both ways. No one was around except for some guy coming up to him from the hall. He laughed and showed them his middle finger and ran the other direction. He giggled uncontrollably as he sprinted down the corridors.
    "White bitch? Where the f*** are you?" he screamed, "I've got somethin' for ya!"
    He bit his tongue and began to bleed. It dropped to the ground and he took a step back.
    "Jesus Mortimer! I'm f***ing bleeding! Oh sh*t! Where the f*** is a first-aid kit!?"
    Mortimer stumbled about, looking for the medical room. He seemed panicked.

13. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Glenny looked back down to his bag of Doritos and threw it on the ground by his feet. He wasn't hungry. His nurse had already been stupid enough to leave him there alone, so he got up out of his chair and stood, crushing the chips, and made his way to the cafeteria doors.

He cautiously grabbed the handle to make sure it didn't have an electric charge like the fence he'd tried to climb recently, and opened it slowly, peering out into the hall. There was some guy walking around to a certain cell door, looking confused and ready to walk in. By him was a trailing puddle of blood and another guy staggering about in a hazy manner with a wicked smirk on his face.

Glenny took a glance both ways and a step into the hall ducking quickly in case of any more pillows from Ramses. Standing and dusting himself off, he came fully past the door.

14. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Name: Niel/Chaos Charon

Race: White
    Spiratual Beliefs: Niel is a polythiest, Chaos is a satanist

Fighting Proficiencies: Niel is useless in a fight but Chaos has won many judo and kickboxing trophies. Chaos is fast, strong, and doesn't feel pain.

Disorder: Multiple Personality Disorder

Intensity(1-10): 5

Personality: Niel is kind, caring, loyal, and wouldn't hurt a fly. Chaos is sarcastic, cynical, competitive, loyal, and (except for structured fights such as tournaments) would only attack someone if he thought they trully deserved it. Niel is the dominant personality, so Chaos can only control the body when niel lets him.

Appearance: Their body is 6 feet tall and wieghts 180 pounds. Their body is muscular. When Niel is in control of their body has light blue eyes, the eyes turn dark blue when Chaos is in control.

Biography: When Niel was four his father was killed in him while walking down the street. After this Niel usually to scared to leave his room. One day in found himself in a weird room that he has never seen before.

There was was a kid standing in front of him. This kid had white hair and red eyes but, other than that, the two of them looked exactly alike. Niel asked the weird kid what his name was and where were they. The kid said that they were inside Niels mind and that his name was Chaos. Chaos asked Niel why he never leaves his room. Niel said he was too scared to leave, so Chaos put his hand on Niel's should and told him that for now on he would protect Niel.

From then on Chaos and Niel became very close friends. As they grew up Niel learned how to let Chaos take over their body and would usually give up control to Chaos. Eventually he let Chaos join the football team and learn martial arts (judo and kickboxing). Most of thier close friends and mom knew that they had two personalities and accepted it.

Eventually their mom remarried, but her new husband was verbally abusive. There were many times Chaos wanted to hit him but Niel wouldn't let him. One day while home from college they saw their step-dad hit their mom. The shock from seeing this stunned Niel long enough that Chaos was able to forcefully take over their body and he beat their step-dad to within an inch of his life.

Thier step-dad charged Niel with assualt and their mom sided with her husband. She lied told the cops that her husband wasn't abusive and told them about Niel haveing a split personality. The judge found Niel not guilty by reason of insanity and ordered him to go to the mental hospital.

1 person likes this.
  15. Shadow Dragon

Niel sat in his room having a mental coversation with Chaos.

"This is all your fault"
    "That bastard deserved it. If anyone is to blame it is that bitch for lying."
    "Don't call mom a bitch!"
    "What else am i supposed to call her after she sold us out."
    "Well if you wouldn't have taken over our body in the first place this wouldn't have happened."
    "Sigh. I guess you're right. For the time being lets stop arguing and try to figure a way out of here."
    "We'll do it later for now I just want to get some sleep."

16. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor put his cards down. "I fold." Dr. Klesps smiled and winked with his thrid eye as he pulled all the chips towards him. "You know Klesps, you don't have to always be so smug about winning. What?! Why didn't you tell me that before? No this is serious. You have a gambling problem? An ADDICTION?! My dear fellow, that's it no more poker! I'm serious Klesps. We are both doctors and we know how dangerous addictions can be. Well, I'm not sure what else we can play. There are other card games. No not blackjack! You are being very difficult!"

The orderly came over to Gregor. "Mr. Handel remember we talked about using indoor voices?"

"But Dr. Klesps is being unreasonable! He has an addiction!"

The orderly put a firm hand on Gregor forcing him back into his chair. "No listen here. My shift is almost over and I don't feel like fighting with you. SO you're going to take the little blue pill that makes your friend go away or do you have to accidntally fall again?"

Gregor looked up and took the pill. "I nearly broke my collarbone last time that happened. Tell me did you ever find out who told your wife about your affair? Divorce is such a tragedy - especially when the wife was making so much more than you. How's that one room studio apartment doing? The roaches crawling over you yet?"

The orderly's eyes went wide as he lifted Gregor out of his chair. "You worm I'm going to -"

Gregor spit the pill into the enraged man's mouth and slaped his throat. The orderly swallowed reflexively. "Dr. Handel" smiled. "That blood pressure medication you're on is going to react badly with that pill. I think the convulsions should start in about five minutes. Now get your filthy hands off of me, you've got puking to do."

17. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

The othe orderlies came over but Gregor put his hands up, smiled, and slowly sat back down. "I just want to play cards quietly," he said.

Slowly the orderlies dispersed.

Gregor leaned across the table. "Have you noticed Klesps, they all hate Jerold. Who is Jerold? I think you must be loosing it a bit. That brute that just manhandled me and tried to make you disappear. Terrible things those blue pills. WHere is what?" Gregor chuckled. "I didn't think you saw me swipe his master key. You don't miss a thing." Handel shook his head. "Of course he won't notice, I managed to bend his key ring all out of shape while he was manhandling me. While he was running to the bathroom, the ring already broke sending his keys everywhere. I think Mortimer might even have found one or two."

18. Shadow Dragon

"Damn I wish i could have slept longer." Niel says as he wakes up "I guess I'll check out the playroom."

"Why do you want to check out the playroom, its probably full of crazies?" says Chaos inside of Niel's head
    "By most people's standards I'm also a crazy for hearing your voice in my head and why have you been in such a bad mood recently."
    "Well being thrown into a nut house and being betrayed by our mom does kind of irritate me."
    "Whatever, we're going to the playroom whether you like it or not. Besides I need to talk to other people once in a while."
    "Why do you need other people around when you have someone as amazing as me here."
    "Wow, I think your ego has actually gotten bigger."

Niel walkes out of his room and into the playroom. He sees a man at the card table, talking to him self. Niel thinks to himself that this guy seem nice enough but ofcourse Chaos disagrees.

"Please tell me we're not going to talk to a guy who is playing cards with imaginary friends."
    "You know most people would consider you to be imaginary. Besides since we are going to be stuck here for a while we might as well make a few friends."
    "Fine, just promise me that you'll give me control of the body if he tries anything."
    "Alright."

Niel walks over to the man, extends his hand, and says "Hi, I'm Niel. Nice to meet you."

19. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor looked up and smiled. "Handel. Dr. Gregor Handel. Would you care to play?" My friend Dr. Klasps and I have a great time. Oh, forgive me, Klasps is invisible, it was a birth defect." Gregor lowered his voice. "We play for points only since I found out about Klasps' gambling problem. So, why don't you tell us all about yourself Niel, while we play."

20. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Glenny stood out in the hall and thought to stalk the roaming bleeder. He strode further to befriend the fellow, then stopped.

"They seem busy. Maybe they don't need me."

He looked down to the blood in puddles by his feet. Raising a curious eyebrow, he bent down and swabbed a little on the tip of his middle finger. He brought it to his mouth and took a fast lick.

It was too metallicky, not nearly as good as that from the cut he'd received on his knee a few days back. He wacked his hand downward and wiped the rest of the blood on his jeans. On either side of the hall, the lot of the people had dispersed beside for the few doctors that were left and - his nurse.

"Oh, geez!" he shouted.

"Young man? Young man!"

Glenny started a sprint in the opposite direction.

21. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Gregor turned as Niel sat down and Klesps began dealing. "I think Dr. Klesps, Glenny is having a bit of fun with the nurses. Ah, to be young and carefree."

22. Shadow Dragon

Niel says hi to Dr. Klasps and sits down at the table.
    "Well for starters I have a split personality named Chaos. Me and Chaos get along pretty well and most people seem ok with the fact that there are two of us in this body. We ended up in here thanks to our mom. She married a pretty abusive guy. One day we saw him hit her. Since I was to shocked to think Chaos took over our body and attacked him. I generally let Chaos take over our body for sporting events, and he has won many fighting tournaments, and this guy was out of shape, so he didn't stand a chance. Chaos isn't normally violent but this guy had it coming. Our mom called the cops and told them that I snapped for no reason, so a judge decide to send us here."

Niel hears Chaos talking in the back of his head "I swear to satan you talk way to damn much.", so Niel thinks to himself "Well fine then I'll let you introduce yourself to the Gregor now and stop talking for awhile."

Just then Niel's eyes grew dark and his voice got deeper. "Hi doc, my name is Chaos. So how did you and the invisible gambling addict end up in this place."

23. Bick

Bick New Member

Skye lulled back and forth from a drug sleep, to a dizzy awakeness. The drugs slowly lost their effect, and she pulled herself up, leaning against the bed. She tried not to look at the blankets, as her hands glided against the wrinkled material. She wanted nothing more then to burn them, but a flame was something she needed, and something that would be very difficult to get in this place.

She got up, and turned her bed around. She quickly slid her hand in the very small hole she had made in the bed with her nails. It had take hours to make sure every slice came out perfectly straight, but she had done it. Her hand rummaged around the cotton material until they touched the metal. She quickly pulled it out and let the mattress fall back into it’s place. Her hands caressed the metal butter knife, as she looked up at the spot on the wall. She put her hand back into the mattress, and looked around for the towels she had stolen. She quickly put them over her shoulder.

She looked back at the window, knowing she could probably use her tool to get out. She knew she wanted out, but all the same, she had the 272 spots that didn’t belong to get off the walls. Not to mention the dust. It sent shivers down her back as she thought of the little dust particles that covered the walls. She had to take care of them before she ran away, that she surely did.

She took her bed from the corner, and slid it over under the spot on the wall. She quickly slid the mattress off, gently letting it sit against the window. It covered the bright light, relaxing her shoulders just enough. She turned the metal frame so it was standing at it’s tallest. It was wobbly, but she knew she could balance. She had been practicing. She quickly climbed up, using her hands to help balance the bed. She took the knife and began to thrust up and down in slow motions as the paint spot chipped away. She gave a smile, and quickly grabbed a towel from her shoulder. She held it midway and began to swipe the end of the towel at the ceiling as the dust came down. She stopped her breathing in fear of getting it in her lungs. She didn’t want those nasty particles near her.

She slowly began to maneuver the bed to its side, keeping her balance with the skill of a professional. She moved to the side, dusting the ceiling she could reach with her towel. She smiled a little, happy with what she was accomplishing.

Suddenly she thrust too much to the side, sending the bed ahead of her balancing act. She cried out as the bed began to wabble. Her arms flailed as she tried to regain balance. She jumped from the bed, landing with her bare feet onto the hard ground as he bed smashed into door. The handle came rolling at her.

She shoved the bed to the ground, as her feet throbbed from her landing. She looked at the door, and pushed it open. She smiled. She had broken the door. She walked out, with caution. She watched as the Nurses grabbed Mortimer, he seemed to be bleeding. They ran right past her, and she jumped with glee. She continued down the hall with the bed frame dragging after her. She had work to do.

24. Marloy

Marloy New Member

Glenny kept on in the chase a small way down the hall, and looked back to see how far he'd gotten. His eyes almost crossed at what he saw; a girl stepping out of her room with a bed frame treading behind her. Glenny had seen some strange things in his day, but walking bed frames had to be one of the stranger.

Around the puddle of blood were more nurses grabbing the bleeder. They made that guy bleed, he thought to himself. He payed no more attention to what was behind and continued forward, eyeing the hall for a place to escape that annoying woman who never got off his case. He passed door after door after door in hope that she would tire out, then looked behind him again to see that his nurse had remained persistent.

"Oh, come on!"

25. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

"Two people in one body? My your brain must be cramped. Hmmm ..... so you are Chaos? You know I think we might have to give your two sets of cards. It's only fair. Huh? What's that Klesps? Oh yes. I'm sorry, I do get sidetracked sometimes. Dr. Klesps is here to keep me company and because he couldn't find a better card player than me.

"Like you two, I here because of a misunderstanding. I'm a doctor and I help people with all sorts of problems. I dig and dig, into their skulls, until I find what's causing the problem. There was some misunderstanding about licensing, consent, and kidnapping. Oh I was never very good at understanding the law. But it's only a mater of time now, till I'm set free.

"Say .... do you ever feel like you need more room in that head of yours?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.