Outrageous Food Combinations

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by becca, Mar 5, 2009.

1. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs, and my fiance is horrified every time I do.

I also like chicken nuggets dipped in chocolate milkshake. I eat a lot healthier than I used to, so I haven't had it in a long time, but back when I was in college, I used to eat that all the time. Mmmmm...so good!

2. laciemn

laciemn New Member

Mm that reminds me of popcorn and milkduds, the best thing ever. They have to be fresh milkduds and really chewy, though.
    Now I'm hungry.

I like bean and corn salsa on ham sandwiches ^^ they are yummy. Everyone thinks it's gross though. I also like peanut butter and blackberry jelly crackers. SO good.

3. laciemn

laciemn New Member

Omg ew! How bizarre, chicken nuggets in chocolate milkshake *shudders*

Hehe, sorry...but still, yuck. I've never tried it though.

Omg diabetes O.O

That reminds me of this for some reason. Must be all the sugar combined with a banana reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur0LENvY5TE

What's good, but possibly not as sugar filled as that is a banana coated with fudge sundae syrup and sat in the freezer for about 15 minutes. It's yummy.

4. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Something I've found is really good is putting cream cheese on hot dogs. It takes quite a bit of cream cheese to make it work though. I figure about one package of cheese to one package of hotdogs works great.

5. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

*Turns Green* :D

6. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

It tastes a lot better when alcohol is involved...

7. BlackFire015

BlackFire015 New Member

I didn't actually eat this, but my friends did. Buttered bread in chocolate and coffee. It's apparently a French custom...? Weird

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I eat bacon and ketchup, my mother and father say it's gross.

One time we didn't have any canned tuna, so I couldn't make a tuna fish sandwich. Instead I used canned salmon and made a canned salmon fish sandwich. With all the ingredients you would use for a tuna fish sandwich.

9. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

That doesn't even sound good! But I do like melted cheese on hotdogs. I reserve the cream cheese for bagels.

Emily's sandwich sounds good.

I like peanut butter and honey toast, and peanut butter/mashmallow/banana sandwiches!

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

You're supposed to do that. A bacon sandwich, with either ketchup or brown sauce. The way God intended it :)

11. star_fire

star_fire New Member

*mmmm* sounds good with a pickle. lol, speaking of which....everytime i go to a basketball game i always get starburst and pickles. the concession people always cringe. *shrug* i don't think it's that bad.

12. becca

hehe Interesting comboo star.

With bacon, and sausage for that matter, I have to have syrup. There is just something about bacon ans sausage DRENCHED in maple syrup!

The butter/chocolate thing wouldn't be bad, it would just be like a butter pastry. I don't like coffee though, so you could take that out of the equation.

13. star_fire

star_fire New Member

i just have to say this:
    no matter what you put with bacon, it will still be good

lol

14. becca

That is for sure.

15. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Canadian / US bacon often tends to be sweetier than UK for example. The sweet-cure process lends itself to syrup, whereas the UK salt-cure less so I'm sure. Hence a more vinegary accompaniment ketchup (despite it's high sugar content).

This one I can explain. It is far more common to have a butter pastry like a croissant a dip it into hot chocolate or coffee than it is buttered bread. This is considered French breakfast for many. Many others consider the only start to a French day is black coffee and cigarettes (food optional).

In Spain it is common to have a little, cake-like product with the hot chocolate or coffee to start the day, something like a magdelaine. This of course would have been made with butter too. In spain it is also quite common to start the day with 'churros' and hot chocolate or coffee, essentially a dougnut in length-form rather than circular.

16. becca

I love dougnuts! We have round ones that are actually doughnuts, and then we have cream sticks. It's a dougnut shell filled with cream. They usually have frosting. I like the ones with chocolate frosting best.