Pax: the discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by jonathan hernandez13, May 31, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

The spy never got close enough to the Athena, they set up tight security when they found out about him. She's too important to the fleet. They used disinformation to make the spy think that if he met up with her at the belt that he would get a chance to scope her out. The team is going to go undercover as spacers and find the spy. He has a bunch of other spy friends at a secret base, and if their network isn't disabled they could just send more spies in the future.

2. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Any chance Carter can fly if the **** hits the fan? Im thinking he'll be the flyer for the group, gets them in, gets them out, gives them support from up high etc Any objections? :D

3. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    hey guys and gals.

just hoping to jump into the RPG, and thought id post my character here. the GM will (hopefully) integrate him into the game with out too much of a mix up.

Name: Pvt. Jerrome Russel-Leon Sarklin
    Home town: Dunon
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight:65 KG
    Appearance/Apparel: usually dressed in his army fatigues out of practicality rather than loyalty. The basic grays of Private with unkempt curly hair and gray eyes along with his weight make him look gaunt at the best of times. No army man

Personality: Jerrome is cautious now that he is on his own, on first impression people take him to be a nervous child lost is a big scary world; but is really a genius in his own right. he finds peace in tinkering and upgrading his ship with his own inventions, and is just as happy repairing the damage to other systems that his 'upgrades' may inadvertently cause.

Background:from the Earth owned mining asteroid of Dunon Jerrome joined the military at 16 to escape from the prospect of working the mining machines. He trained as a pilot for 3 years and excelled. The military soon discovered his ability with electronics and mechanics - and considering he wasnt doing so well with the other army brutes - he was moved into a research and tactics facility.

4. Headroller

Headroller New Member

out of game, no objections, but I'll be giving you hell in game. :D

Good heartedly that is.

Hello Reeves!

5. jonathan hernandez13

Yes Lebby, I can tell that you reallllllly want Davey boy to be a pilot, you have been as subtle as a...tornado:rolleyes:

don't worry, he will be a pilot, I'll make sure of that

And yes, everyone welcome our new player! Make him feel at home.

EDIT: Shadow Reeves, would you mind getting a promotion?:redface:

so far all of our guys are Midshipman officers, so you can either join their ranks (literally and figuratively) or remain as a private, although the equivalent rank in the Aerospace Force would be "Aerospaceman Recruit"

up to you:rolleyes:

6. Shadow Reeves

sorry, i did mean to change it - i created the character for a similar RPG, but it never took off. i have no issues with that edit.

7. jonathan hernandez13

LOL, okay Reeves;)

Name: Commander Anthony Wilfong

Appearance: Commander Wilfong is a tall, brooding man with broad features and a heavy frame. His movements betray his strength, but he is a gentle giant.

Personality: Commander Wilfong never knows when his last day alive will be, so does not waste a minute, and makes sure to keep appraised of anything that can save himself, his ship, and his crew. He has the fate of hundreds on his mind at all times, he deals with the pressure by treating all of his people with respect and trusting them to do their jobs as they have been trained.

Background: Finding himself in command because of battlefield promotions, Commander Wilfong is a young Skipper and knows that it's not typical of a Commander to command such a major Cruiser. It is well known that the Aerospace Force is down on experienced officers, and he knows that many eyes are on him to see if he'll fail. Commander Wilfong is a gamble, a natural leader with guts and skill who is trusted with one of the most important assets of the Aerospace Force.

Name: Master Chief Gus Redding

Appearance: Master Chief Redding is a middle aged African-American man with a scar on his face and a fighter's build type. He has been fighting his entire life, on the streets, in the boxing rings, in basic training, and on alien planets. He doesn't run away from fights though, he knows that some people like to fight, he'll do his best to fight them back.

Personality: His face and name is known by all on the ship, and he knows everyone on the ship by face if not by name. He even knows some of their mothers, girlfriends, and wives. He is the person that everyone respects and wants with them in a fighting hole when the turd hits the fan. He loves a good fight, but we are lucky that he is on our side.

Background: Joining the Aerospace Force at a young age, Gus knew that he liked the idea of traveling and fighting, he got to do each in the service. When he first served on the Athena he fell in love with her and knew that as long as he could, he wanted to serve on a starship. After doing many tours on other worlds as a senior non-commissioned officer, Gus got his dream ship back and his dream job as the chief of the ship.

Name: Lt. Commander Aleksandra Zakharova

Appearance: Aleksandra is an attractive woman with pale skin and a seemingly perpetual scowl on her face. She has a very athletic type figure and is in peak physical condition.

Personality: is the enforcer of rules on the ship. On a ship at war the word of the Skipper is law, and she is the bulldog. The sheriff of the ship, she prefers to stay out sight. Zakharova is very lenient with authority and prefers to let department heads work out their issues so that the ship runs smoothly. The last thing she wants is to burden the Commander with petty concerns, and especially not while in combat.

Background: A former athlete, joined the Aerospace fleet after her parents passed a way while she was attending a university (they had an accident while flying on the aerospace express) She easily excelled at Aerospace camp, and felt in her heart that her parents would be proud of her. Seeming to be a natural at command, she did well and quickly made her way through the ranks. Zakharova is very by the book and if you didn't know any better you would swear she was an emotionless android. She is more fragile than she seems, and hides her sensitive feelings behind the facade of invincibility. Once her shell is cracked her soft side is exposed, and she doesn't need to fall apart on a ship at war.

Name: Valentine "Gunner" Adamski

Appearance: Gunner appears to be a robot but is in actuality a cyborg, a metal frame with a few human organs.

Personality: Gunner is a kind soul once you get to know him but has a very bitter attitude due to common prejudice against cyborgs. He does not like people staring at him, he hates people calling him a robot, and wants to pay his dues to the Aerospace Force so that he can retire and vanish gracefully in the annals of military history.

Background: Gunner was a very well decorated war veteran, but because he did a number of black ops, most of his decorations are classified and most of his exploits are strictly need to know. Gunner is an important advisor for the crew because of the top secret projects he was exposed to and had knowledge of. If Gunner did not know so much as was not so valuable to the Aerospace Force, they would have allowed him to die on his last mission.

8. Lebby

Lebby New Member

BRILLIANT!!!!!!! PILOTING!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Thanks man, I'll be sure to be the funnest pilot ever! :D
    And unlike in Call of Duty IM NOT ALWAYS GUNNA BE ON BINGO FUEL AND ABOUT TO BUG OUT *Twitch*

9. NRG

NRG New Member

MISSION PLANNER! Yes!

10. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Aren't you proud? :D

11. jonathan hernandez13

do you guys think that maybe I'm railroading the game a little too much?:confused:

I'm worried that the game might not have as much autonomy as I originally planned, let me know so that I can work on it. As ever, I have an open door policy and welcome suggestions.:)

12. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Possibly, posting has slowed down so I think the GM changes need to slow down accordingly. Where is everyone anyway?

13. jonathan hernandez13

Yeah, I get that. I won't post any more updates or anything for a while, plus we almost have as many NPC's now as players. I may need to sit out for a bit.

I have no idea where everyone else went, hopefully they're just taking a break or something?

Plus, some of them play more than one game, they must be getting busy;):p

14. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    I feel like it's a lot of GM post, then players post in response, GM post telling what just happened, player reaction, GM post moving us to a new area.
    For instance right now I don't really feel the need to post cause it's just like "i got a promotion, yay. Nothing else to say...."

15. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Srsly, I don't mind at all man I'm enjoying this a lot!

16. jonathan hernandez13

that's what I was afraid of...well, good thing is that now you have a mission and know what to do

there shouldn't be any need for GM intervention, I'll just sit it out and keep quiet for a bit as you carry out the mission, unless somebody interacts with one of the NPCs.

EDIT: it looks like in other games the players do alot of game world building and deciding in the discussion thread and just use the game for dialougue and character devlopment, I think I'll do it that way from now on so that we can all be more free. I'm still learning guys.

17. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Dude you've GM'd a pretty dang good game so far, don't get down on yourself. Question though, will you be playing Pappy as a normal character, not an NPC?

18. Lebby

Lebby New Member

Agreed Headroller, good game so far :D
    By the way, we're heading towards The Athena now right? Then we board, what do we do after boarding?

19. NRG

NRG New Member

Hi, um since I'm mission planner, should my character actually start planning now or will I wait until I have more details?

20. Headroller

Headroller New Member

Well we're just getting onto a cruiser and then the hypnomissionbriefing will fill us in on more info... I think? We don't have a lot of information to go on.

21. Shadow Reeves

HELLO! god it been a long time since i have been apart of an RPG.

i just have a few questions that may have been covered in the past 120 posts - i did read them, kinda.

as my character is working in engineering:
    do we have shields?
    if so, are they the kind that fail when someone sneezes?
    are we working with lasers and crystals ooooorrr wires and chips or perhaps photon chips?
    weapons?

alllssooo just a note to the god of this RPG, if ever things get a little slow all you have to do is post

"something hit the ship and it started venting atmosphere"
    or
    "a little red light started ficking on the pilots dashboard with "PIRATES" written underneath it"

etc.

22. Shadow Reeves

another slightly easier question...where are we at the moment? space station or ship?

23. NRG

NRG New Member

space station. :)

24. Shadow Reeves

oh, in that case i porbably do know my way around :D

25. Lebby

Lebby New Member

After Nhikil, and Flamingo have replied Carters gunna make his way to the Athena :D