Pax

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jonathan hernandez13, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRG

NRG New Member

Nathan was still walking around when he heard Arc's voice. "Hey, we meet again. i just saw a strange man. Big bloke and had a really advanced device. I couldn't see what exactly it was. I knocked into him intentionally but the device had an external black cover which automatically closed. And I was about to touch it when he seized it. But he was acting strangely. Very strange, indeed," he said.

"No kidding? I saw that guy just a second ago. Something's going on about him. I'm going to keep following him and find out if he's on our ship."

2. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"No kidding? I saw that guy just a second ago. Something's going on about him. I'm going to keep following him and find out if he's on our ship."

"If you're gonna follow him now, it's gonna be difficult. There's a big crowd and I lost him. He just disappeared in the crowd but I would recognize him anywhere. It was strange though. So what should we do search for him? The only hope is that whatever he is carrying is really very advanced. My laptop, yeah it's outdated but the screen is bigger than the mobiles. We can enlarge the screen on a wall but wouldn't that attract attention. But coming back to point it is vaguely possible that my laptop can track him down. So what do you say? And oh! Plenty of our teammates have arrived," he informed.

3. NRG

NRG New Member

"We shouldn't get any of our teammates. The bigger the group, the more attention we'll attract. Attracting attention's bad because this isn't an official mission or investigation and if it turns out the guy's got nothing to hide, we'll be in serious trouble. We should split up. You got a phone?"

4. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"We shouldn't get any of our teammates. The bigger the group, the more attention we'll attract. Attracting attention's bad because this isn't an official mission or investigation and if it turns out the guy's got nothing to hide, we'll be in serious trouble. We should split up. You got a phone?"

"Yeah," Arc said and pulled out his mobile and searched for the nearest device which turned out to be Nathan's mobile. He sent a request for connection and said, "Accept the connection and now which way are you going to look?"

5. NRG

NRG New Member

"Yeah," Arc said and pulled out his mobile and searched for the nearest device which turned out to be Nathan's mobile. He sent a request for connection and said, "Accept the connection and now which way are you going to look?"

"I'll go left, you go right. If you spot him, don't do anything, we don't want anyone knowing about this unless we're absolutely sure he's a threat."
    With that, Nathan left.

6. Lebby

Lebby New Member

"Oh bloody hell," I groaned.

My head was throbbing, my nude body was slick with perspiration, my vision spinning. All in all not a pleasant way to wake. Using my elbow to support my weight, I looked blearily around the small room which I had managed to completely trash in the week since graduation. I grinned sheepishly, 'A new record.' Movement on my bed halted my mischievious train of thought, I slowly turned.

'Please don't be a man,' I thought desperately.

Thankfully the other inhabitant of my ruffled bed was a rather attractive woman with dark skin, and silky black hair. I pinched the bridge of my nose, and rubbed the drunken sleep from my eyes furiously, "Morning," I yawned.

She smiled revealing straight white teeth, "Morning."

"What time is it?"

"I dunno," she replied still smiling.

I nodded, and rolled over, checking the clock. It was late morning. I yawned, and settled back into the comfortable crevace left by my slim figure, and groped blindly for the warmth of my companion.

"But last night you said something about setting off on some Navy assignment today," the pretty woman laughed.

My hangover was replaced by dread.

"****!"

I flung the sheets off my bed, and scrambled around desperately in my mountain of rubbish for my crumpled uniform, all the while enduring the mocking giggles of the girl. My trousers were under a stack of beer cans, my boots atop a pile of read books, my shirt was still AWOL. I sighed and yanked my trousers on, zipped them, and then pulled the rugged boots onto my feet. The sudden activity ensured my headache returned with a vengeance. I slumped back.

"Any chance of help?"

The woman shrugged, and crawled over to where I was struggling with my boots. She pushed one boot on my left foot, whilst I got the right. I nodded my thanks.

"Whats your name?" I asked.

She grinned, "I thought you said no names."

I frowned, "Did I? Probably for the best. Now help me find my goddamned shirt."

The next five minutes were spent frantically tearing my room apart searching for my shirt. Eventually the musty thing was uncovered at the bottom of my dresser. I hastily buttoned it up, smoothed it as best I could, and stowed my trusty notepad in the top pocket. I then strapped my holstered gun to my waist, slung my bag over my shoulder, kissed the woman deeply, then was out the door, and stumbling down the hall with many curses shouted in my wake.

"Why is everything so loud?" I whined to myself in response to the overwhelming space port.

I spotted Pappy and my heart sunk, I was suddenly very self conscious of my messy appearence. If there was one thing Pappy was scrupulous about, it was uniform. All in all though, I liked Pappy in the few times I had met him, although I wasn't so sure he liked me. He was one of those men whom instantly commanded respect, but he was rough, and down to earth and not obnoxiously official, all traits which I liked. I still wasn't ready to face him though, and so I slunk quietly over to two other lowly officers. One was a pretty woman, with a hard look, and a scar near her neck. The other was a ruggedly handsome man, who towered above most people in the crowd.

I joined them both, hoping that Pappy had not spotted me.

"Hey. Hi. I'm Carter, midshipmen, drunkard, womaniser, writer, pilot, 'guy whos gunna get an ass kicking if Pappy spots me in this state,' mind if I hang around here and neaten up?" I asked the two in a cheerful tone, as I extracted a mirror and razor from my satchel, and began to shave.

7. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"I'll go left, you go right. If you spot him, don't do anything, we don't want anyone knowing about this unless we're absolutely sure he's a threat."

"Agreed!" replied Arc enthusiastically and walked off casually; "Hell lot of tourists around here."

He took out his mobile and searched for devices again and this time he selected other devices. It didn't show him anything particular. Someone nearby was listening to a music with his MPZ. Another was reading a book on his e-book reader and so on. At the last he saw the entry:

He punched his fist in the air and said, "Damn!"

"You seem perturbed," said a voice nearby.

Arc turned and he was the same person whom Arc was looking for

"Yeah! I just lost Asteroid Impact to a person on the multiplayer server. I had bet 120 WildCards. Imagine, I now just have 65 WildCards left. Wanna play? You have your mobile," said Arc and motioned to the device he held in his hand.

"I'll use my other mobile. This one's a poor model," he grinned and asked, "Which server?"

"S12," said Arc and quickly searched the devices in his vicinity. The nearest was the mobile whose date he saved and the next was the unknown device.

Meanwhile he saw Nathan who looked at him. He simply winked without the man noticing him.

8. NRG

NRG New Member

Arc had the man distracted, now was Nathan's time to move. Behind the target was a vending machine. Nathan smiled, hunger and suspicion, kill two birds with one stone...

Nathan strolled over to the machine checking out the selection. Arc still had the man distracted so Nathan risked a peek at the mans right pocket on his jeans. A small device was loosely held inside. Making sure he didn't seem strange, Nathan inserted a couple of coins into the machine. As he waited for a strange looking bag of chips to come out, Nathan stepped back into the man. "What the hell?" the man turned in shock.
    "Sorry, sorry, I tripped over something on the ground, I didn't mean to bump you."
    "Dude, you just interrupted our game, I was about to win!" said Arc, pretending not to know Nathan, "just get your chips and leave!"
    "OK... sorry..." Nathan waited for the man to turn back to Arc before glancing at the ground. Good, the device had fallen out of the man's pocket. Nathan grabbed the device and his chips before walking off.

What the hell had he just gotten himself into? He needed to prove that this man was dangerous, otherwise, he'd just committed theft...

9. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

Arc watched with amusement as he won the game and said, "Yeah, I won. Nice playing friend. Want another match? And I do not see many people here with time? I am waiting here for my uncle to arrive. We are on an educational tour. What about you?"

"I would love to play another match. I am waiting for a friend of mine," he said.

Meanwhile, Arc quickly sent a message to Nathan acting that he was changing the setting of his mobile phone. The message was:

10. NRG

NRG New Member

Nathan looked at the device trying to figure out how it worked. He pulled the lid open and found a small piece of paper float to the ground. It read remember, ship 9342. What was going on? That was the same ship he was leaving on. He turned to see Arc and the man playing another game. By the looks of it, Arc had just won when the man felt his right jean pocket and began to show signs of panicking. He'd obviously just realised that his device was missing. Whatever this device as, it was important...

11. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"Hey! Pickpocket!" yelled Arc and ran towards the direction opposite of Nathan's way; "Somebody get him!"

The man followed Arc and the two of them ran for a while and stopped panting; "It was someone behind you. He pulled something out of your backpocket.I couldn't see his face as just as I looked over your shoulder he turned. Really depressing, maybe we can find evidence in the security cameras," said Arc knowing full well that from the angle Nathan took the device he won't be seen and he had disabled the cameras later on to make it look like whoever the thief was he had come after Nathan left.

The man now showed signs of panic and ran away mumbling something as, "What will happen....?"

Arc now let himself get lost in the crowd and met Nathan and asked, "Received my message? What's it?"

12. NRG

NRG New Member

"Received my message? What's it?"

"I think it's just a phone, but it must have something on it, it's got extreme security. Codes everywhere, I'm not able to break it open. I can't just go back and give it to him, we should wait until we're on the ship, maybe Pappy will be able to help us out, he's trustworthy."
    Nathan sat down, opened his bag of chips and reflected on the day so far. His first trip to space, it hadn't even begun yet and he was already in trouble... there was nothing left to do but relax...

13. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"I think it's just a phone, but it must have something on it, it's got extreme security. Codes everywhere, I'm not able to break it open. I can't just go back and give it to him, we should wait until we're on the ship, maybe Pappy will be able to help us out, he's trustworthy."

"It is possible for us to break open it but we'd better not do that. We should first show it to our seniors," he agreed on the point, "I'll go get some drinks for us."

Arc went to the machine looking around for any sign of the man. No, he was not there at all. He soon returned with two bottles. He passed one to Nathan and open his one.

14. NRG

NRG New Member

Nathan opened the bottle and checked his watch. "Well, at least this killed some time, we should be leaving soon. I'm going to catch up on some well deserved sleep," he said. He lowered his head on the bench and within in seconds he was dreaming of space.

15. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

"So, he is off to sleep," mumbled Arc and saw a game parlour and ventured straight into it. He simply loved them. He soon had a Simulator Helmet on his head and went for the game.

16. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

"How was your leave after graduation? I half expected to see you at the Space Clam, but you never showed up."

Trin's musing of being back aboard a ship was quickly interrupted by a fellow officer. Mother ****er, I was a good God damn mood, what the **** do you...oh I'm just being cranky. She stopped her negativity and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and still relaxing against the pillar. It was the last one she'll be having for who knows how long. Has to enjoy it while it lasts. She didn't turn her head to answer the officer.

"My leave was as much as to be expected, more work as always."

Trin let the smoke fill her lungs, while she noticed two younger officers messing with some tourist. Dumb kids trying to impress the MC by finding out some plot, huh? Yeah, that's gonna work real well, she thought. I can't wait to see Gunther throw their asses on the bench and tell them to shut up, even though she knew he would never do that anyways.

Her head turned straight towards the officer and said "what the hell are those punks doing?" She really had no idea. Then the two kids moved back to the waiting area and one fell asleep. The other then moved off towards the gaming parlor. She turned back to the sky and started smoking again. "Nevermind."

17. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

Arc returned out of the game parlour very soon as the games were not really good. He looked forward to meeting the other members of the team. As he reached the bench the first one he saw was an arrogant woman smoking cigarette.

"Even after centuries of campaigning some people never improve, do they?" Arc asked his conscience. He was disgusted that one of his team members was going to smoke. He moved away from the woman and sat next to another member.

18. NRG

NRG New Member

Nathan woke up to find police all around the place. Crap! The man had reported his device missing. Nathan slowly crept over to the nearest bin and pulled his chips bag out of his pocket. He quickly threw the device in th bag and tossed the bag in the bin. The device wasn't dangerous, he knew that, he had looked through the systems before falling asleep, it couldn't be used for anything more than communicating and saving data. He quickly walked back to the bench and sat, waiting patiently for the ship to depart. Déjà vu.

19. Evil Flamingo

Even after centuries of campaigning some people never improve, do they?

Trin breathed as much she could on the next drag and let out a slow line of smoke till she was out of air. Hmmm, she though to herself, good enough answer for ya? Her face almost gave away how pleased her answer made her feel.

She then noticed the number of security in the area and saw the sleeping offficer run over to a trash can a drop something in it. So, what? are these kids stealing now? What the Hell.

20. NRG

NRG New Member

Nathan tried to distract himself, but he just wasn't the type of person to commit a crime. He decided the least he could do was 'find' the device. He continued searching the port before he found the man in the green jacket. "Hey, um, I heard the police talking, and I found some sort of device in a bin when I put my chip bag in there. Might be yours...?"
    "Did you touch it?"
    "No, I left it in case it was dangerous..."
    "Good. Thanks." The man left past Nathan.

21. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

Looked like the woman had heard him and was retaliating. He promptly got up and pointed the "No Smoking" sign to her and went to a distant bench.

The security around had risen but there was nothing those people could do. He noticed that the woman was suspicious of his and Nathan's intentions.

22. Headroller

Headroller New Member

She was obviously not in a good mood, having a b**** moment it seemed. Or maybe it was just her time of the month or something. I sighed and shoot my head, Women... Instead of brooding over my notsohappy comrade, I watched the younger ensigns fool around the space port, biting my lip to keep from laughing out loud. Serious as it may be, the scene playing out was hilarious in a strange way, as long as they didn't get caught stealing. Whatever, it's not like they're going to have much free time in zero G. Let em screw around.

My voyeurism was interrupted by another ensign who came to stand near me and Trin.
    "Hey. Hi. I'm Carter, third lieutenant, drunkard, womaniser, writer, pilot, 'guy whos gunna get an ass kicking if Pappy spots me in this state,' mind if I hang around here and neaten up?" He produced a razor and mirror, attempting to clean up his disheveled mug.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh, "I think you'll be needing more than a shave to get past the Old Man. But good ta meetcha Carter, I'm JJ, this is Trin, our big sister I guess, hehe," I patted her on the shoulder, blissfully ignoring the danger of interrupting the apparent staring match she was having with one of the other ensigns. "I'd shake your hand but..." his occupied hands were explanation enough.

23. Evil Flamingo

Carter walked up, looking and acting like many of the men she had known through her freighting days. Disheveled, unkempt, and constantly running late. He didn't really bother her at all, but instead felt like the same character she had known. Davis, Johns, Lyman, and now this Carter. They were all interesting in their own right. Whether they were useful or not was always a question though.

She felt Jacobs' hand pat her on the shoulder, but didn't really think anything of it. She ran her fingers through her hair by her ear and then turned toward Carter.

"Hi."

24. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    Austin entered the busy port, initially noticing the commotion of all the tourists. He remained silent, scanning the crowd for a moment, wondering why a group of officers would meet in such a busy place to prepare and discuss a mission. Clearly the UAEF didn't give a damn about the little group they've assembled and were simply ****ting on them now with a mission. Austin moved forward, soon seeing the new boots scattered around the port. He walked up to a small group who had assembled around an old, probably crippled, veteran.

"So this is where we're to all meet then I suppose?" Austin asked the small group of JJ, Trin and Carter who had all assembled around the geezer. "I'm Austin by the way, good to be working with all of ya."

25. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

Pappy snorted and perked up at the sound of Aerospace secutiy running around and the midshipmen chatting. Had he fallen alseep? What the hell? He looked at his chronometer, it with past 1500 hours, their liason would be there soon. He sat up and scanned the waiting lobby, new boots had showed up. There was the little guy, Arc, and the tall fella. There was also a physically fit yet pale looking girl smoking and seeming for all the world bored with living.

There was also a tall, unshaven, green eyed fellow who looked more like a brawler than a spaceman. He looked like he had seen some action already, probably prior enlisted. There was also a black haired rougish pretty boy whose uniform looked like it was falling apart, and a brown haired, well built youth with intelligent, eagle keen eyes.

"Hmphfff, some things never change. Boots are boots." Pappy grunted and stood up.

"Alright you slags, get your butts over here and fall in. Look at you, some of you knuckledraggers look damn decent and the others look like they've been up all night at the bar. Well I hope you got some good hooch in your gut cos you'll be drier than the Sahara for the next month, I can promise you that. Now fall in! Hmmphhff! What the hell are they teaching you kids in space camp these days?"

Outside of the aerospace port a large aerospace transport was taxiing on the runway

OOC: it kind of looks like this

[​IMG]

"Alright you space monkeys, the Lieutenant will be here shortly, and I can guarantee you he'll be a bigger asshole than me. You should see the way he chews ass, makes me look like a pussycat."

An immaculately dressed officer in seasonal dress Aerospace Force uniform proudly walked in. He was tall, slim, and had a lean face like a jackal. His eyes quickly scanned the waiting lobby and quickly found the group in formation.

"Alright guys, here he is. Atten----shun!" Pappy growled.

The Lieutenant steps before Pappy and they exchange salutes, Pappy reports.

"Master Chief Gunther reporting for duty sir; midhsipman detail assembled and standing by."

"Very well Master Chief, cut your salute and put them at ease."

"Aye aye, sir. At ease!" Pappy barked at the detail with a surprisingly loud voice. When he mumbles it's hard to tell how well he can project.

"Good afternoon gentlemen, and lady, sorry to keep you waiting; the shuttle had to refuel. My name is Lieutenant Carlson. The Master Chief here knows all about me, he'll tell you all the gory details, no time for that now though. We'd better get going now, they're waiting on us up there."

The Lieutenant pulls out a PDD (personal data device, almost like a palm pilot but more robust - PDD's are so commmon and compact that they make wrist watches, cell phones, and even pads of paper obsolete)

"Alright, roll call. If you're here when I call your name say 'present', or 'here' or something and we'll board the aerospace transport shortly."

OOC: alright, this is the moment of truth; the Lieutenant reads the muster report and all the players are on it. If you would like to go with the group aboard the shuttle you can just say here and we'll leave. If you decide at this point that you want to stay behind and would rather explore the galaxy on your own just don't answer and we'll count you UA (unauthorized absence, basically AWOL).:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.