1. TheFedoraPirate

TheFedoraPirate New Member

Poems and Spells

Discussion in 'Word games' started by TheFedoraPirate, Jun 22, 2009.

Wasn't quite sure where to put this as it's not so much research as resource gathering (and I just thought it'd be interesting).

Anyhow, in my fantasy world wizards works spells out of poems, any poem can be a spell and a talented wizard could probably make something workable out of "One fish, two fish. Red fish, blue fish."

So, I've got a few poems to use as spells but I figure there's a lot of poems out there, maybe some I haven't heard of/considered, so I dunno if any of you know any poems you think are particularly awesome or could make a good spell but I'd love to hear 'em.

((Also, if you know any shorter poems I could use for fast spells that'd be awesome, longer ones tend to be better for slow working spells or curses it seems.))

2. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Your life will cease to be,
    until you unlock with the key
    your heart no longer pure
    for you will have to endure
    the pain you caused inside
    for you died.

there you go, that one I made up, sucks but if you want to use it go for it.

3. TheFedoraPirate

TheFedoraPirate New Member

Thanks, but I was really looking for existing poems, the wizard in question is from our world and one of the clauses of poetry spells is that the wizard himself can't have written the poem. So not much need for original work.

Although, considering how well this thread is going I may have been better off going to the Lounge in covertly creating a thread titled 'what's your favourite poem?'