1. escritor121

escritor121 New Member

Portable Word Processor

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by escritor121, Mar 25, 2015.

Hello!

I'm sorry if my Spelling is bad - I havn't been using the enlgish language for many years.

To make it short, I'm have ended up in a mental institution where I have almost no access to computers and internet so I can't do my passion of writing. What I'm looking for is a portable Word processor / portable typing device that I could use to store what i write digitally.. I write in Spanish, so I would prefer a spanish keyset.. If you had any idea about anything I would be very greatful..

The device must have no posibility to connect to the internet..

The only idea I got was to buy a Palm 105 with a keyboard but there are several unsolved problems about that (storage capacity, transfering etc)

Thanks

Escritor

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

You can still get Alphasmart devices on Amazon. This one, according to the FAQ, will let you download the capability to use Spanish characters:

I've never used one, so I can't attest to how good they are.

3. Lance Schukies

Lance Schukies Active Member

just use pen and paper, and maybe a dictaphone.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

you could use an iPad or iPad mini. I know there's a Word-compatible app, but I don't use it, and thereforevdon't remember the name.

You can work offline as long as you must, then when you finally have access to your WiFi, download your work to your computer with iTunes/iCloud.