post sparks a MAJOR LITERARY DISCOVERY!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mammamaia, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Virtually everyone on this forum is convinced that they "will make it big." I guess you don't have to be only 18 to start making fantastical claims on a forum. Maia, I suppose you aren't published, or at least not to any serious extent, or I'm sure we would all have heard about it by now. Obviously, you are very passionate about writing, and have spent more time than most of us here (if only for your age) on trying to make it, and if discovering the work of someone deceased is your big break, I sincerely wish you the best.

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

It's always seemed apparent to me from the content of her posts that maia has plenty of experience in the writing industry. Certainly more than me anyway, and I have been published.

I share some of this skepticism I must admit, but it's only natural if I've not actually seen the work itself. If she thinks it's of such merit then I respect her enough to believe at least that she thinks that. I trust her judgement; to be honest, I would have much less trouble believing such things from her than I would from most people. But it's no skin off my back. If this doesn't work out then that's fine - she tired. If it does work out then I guess a few people would then owe her more than just kudos. ;)

3. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

I think we're letting egos get in the way of the bigger issue. "MAJOR LITERARY DISCOVERY" is a large claim, on the verge of being obnoxious. Having a masters, even a PhD, or a few minor publications here and there, is not enough to warrant that sort of hooh-hah. It would be like a PhD student-any PhD student- announcing that they will win the noble prize in a year.

Of course, anything can happen, but best to keep that sort of thing to yourself, until it does.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm grateful to all of you wellwishers, for your support and respect... sure, i got carried away, but it's exciting and fulfilling to have such an opportunity dropped in my lap in the last years of my life, so okay, i probably should have kept it to myself... but i'm so fond of most of you here that i wanted to share it with you... though i didn't expect to be given the third degree, it's heartwarming to have had many more of you be happy for me and supportive, than argumentative....

yes, i certainly will come back and share whatever the outcome is and am glad someone knew that was a given... for now, i will again respectfully decline to bow to mac's demands and am going to ask that this thread be locked, since i really won't have time to keep responding to further posts and i'll not be doing my usual daily posting for the duration, as i noted in my initial post...

i wish you all success in your various literary endeavors, will miss you greatly... but i'll be back whenever i have some news to share...

love and hugs to all, maia

Andrae Smith likes this.
  5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

It would seem the conversation has run its course. Should there be new news, feel free to open a new thread, Maia. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.